• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

Hopes were ignited by Pachter's careless remarks, and then dashed. It's sad, really.

Pachter is amazing.

His words engendered much doubt and confusion.

I think they should be close to over 11.5 million, maybe close to 12. Should reach mid 12 millions, maybe near 13 (or a bit higher) by the end of Oct. Then 17-18 million by the end of Dec.

I figure they're at 12m ~ 13m right now.

3 million in NA over Oct/Nov/Dec. + 5 million WW over the same period.

19 ~ 20 million by the end of 2014.

Lemondish

Looks like most Bungie fans still lean more to XB1.

What makes you think that? The ranking doesn't include bundles, digital, and was likely boosted by the free physical game promotion. Given the ridiculously high PS4 system sales, I don't think you can say that with any sort of authority.

Apparently Destiny sold more on the xbone than ps4. Where is your money bag God now Sony?
Man, I hate it when people who don't know how NPD works post in NPD threads. Or read any of the rest of the thread. If we have vague policies like "don't post in tech threads if you don't know what you're talking about" can we apply that elsewhere?

...Vita in 5 figures is legitimately mindblowing.

Its been that way for the entire year though.

It has been the king of trash mountain all year. On a monthly unit basis, selling more like an Xbox, than Wii, PS2, or even 360.

This month is a very good sign for what the right software can do for the platform. The past month being in the upper Wii and PS2 echelon of sales.

Don't confuse being the best selling loser with domination. Prior to this month and launch the platform had only been selling okayish. Far from great, but not WiiU/DC/GCN levels either.

If the PS4 manages to sell 17-18 million by the end of the year it´ll be incredible. Huge sucess.

I was on the skeptical side, thinking it'd do about 16, 16.5 at best; however, it's just been doing so well that I think 17-18 million is possible. More than that, I don't see happening since I don't even think Sony can provide enough stock. In fact, I think MS might have a shot at Dec again this year, due to stock constraints on PS4.

Pachter is amazing.

His words engendered much doubt and confusion.

I figure they're at 12m ~ 13m right now.

3 million in NA over Oct/Nov/Dec. + 5 million WW over the same period.

19 ~ 20 million by the end of 2014.

19-20 million? I can certainly see it but I'm scared to be that optimistic, haha. Would love to see it happen though

Atone13

YAYY!!! Vita is only dead, not dead dead dead

Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

KoopaTheCasual

There are people here who believe. They believe that the better offering is there and they post about it, regardless of the results this month it will not stop the Xbox One from getting the best exclusive content for 2014.

They should not be shat on for expressing that belief.
....But they will be shat on for being incredibly condescending and bitter in every single post. Stop trying to act like your posts have been anything but petulant.

Fucking sad as fuck. Such a nice little piece of tech.. ARGH..

To be honest I was about to post the same. Vita is a beautifully designed, elegant and sleek machine that's a wonderful successor to the PSP. And yet it's on life support in the market to the point that we're even pleased if it does 20K. Reminds of the Dreamcast's twilight where gamers loved the machine but it just failed to shift units.

My financial situation has prevented me from getting one but I swear to God as soon as I'm able to I'll be picking up a Vita with Wipeout 2048 in a heartbeat.

Cidd

There are people here who believe. They believe that the better offering is there and they post about it, regardless of the results this month it will not stop the Xbox One from getting the best exclusive content for 2014.

CryingEagle.jpg

pastrami

Clearly some do.

I have every right however to question it and haven't really received much back in return other than insults.

You know that guy who always bothers you when you buy something? Like let's say you want an iPhone, but then he starts harping on about why you should get the Galaxy S5 instead. He starts to rattle off some specs, and some of the things Android can do that iOS can't. Maybe he starts to talk about Android being an open platform as opposed to iOS. He then starts calling you an iSheep. "Why can't you see the light? Stop buying Apple products Sheeple! A man chooses Android, a slave chooses Apple!"

You are that guy. People just want iPhones. People just want PS4s. Is it that hard to accept? You don't seem particularly ignorant. There's plenty of evidence everywhere about why people are choosing the PS4 over the XBox One. Power differences. Price (before non-Kinect XBox Ones). It's where your friend's are playing. DRM issues left a sour taste in their mouth. Etc. Why can't you just accept it?

Kazerei

Banned
creamsugar, can we get some numbers for obscure handheld titles? Like Danganronpa 2, Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, and Theatrhythm FF CC? Pretty please?

hawk2025

Clearly some do.

I have every right however to question it and haven't really received much back in return other than insults.

This thread has literally all the evidence you need.

It shows the hardware and the games that people are buying.

Vestal

...Vita in 5 figures is legitimately mindblowing.

I know, I expected it not to chart at all. "I KID I KID"

But lets be real, the Vita has been on life support for months. 20k like another posted stated was just a twitch before it flat lines.

Lemondish

I wish I could get paid a 6 figure salary for being 90% wrong during my job. Maybe I should run for Congress...

Aqua has some great posts about what it is Pachter does for a living in the other thread. I consider checking them out.

Spoilers: this isn't actually his job

GeoramA

Nobody's buying a Vita and I don't blame them. The system itself and the memory cards are still overpriced.

Shame, because remote play and ps+ freebies on it are fantastic.

It bothers me that Destiny's success was completely manufactured. Marketing shouldn't have that much influence.

Destiny is a flawed, but really good game. I've enjoyed it tons, as have my friends (heck, 2 of them bought the bundle).

To this day we still pop in every other day to play a few matches. So while it may be manufactured to some degree, the game is still great and the franchise just oozes potential.

To be honest I was about to post the same. Vita is a beautifully designed, elegant and sleek machine that's a wonderful successor to the PSP. And yet it's on life support in the market to the point that we're even pleased if it does 20K. Reminds of the Dreamcast's twilight where gamers loved the machine but it just failed to shift units.

My financial situation has prevented me from getting one but I swear to God as soon as I'm able to I'll be picking up a Vita with Wipeout 2048 in a heartbeat.

I think the Vita could remain a niche but profitable platform for indies and Japanese vn's if they can sustain a 10k -20k pace of sales in the US.

Biker19

Banned
What the fuck happened that caused this NPD thread to be filled with shit posts. This is some classic console flame wars bullshit.

It's mostly Xbox fanboys that are filling this thread with a lot of salt & meltdowns, because they're jealous that PS4 beat Xbox One in sales, & that Pachter was wrong.

QuikNez

What else could they possibly be doing? Give the consoles away for free? They already slashed the price and are giving two games for free at most places.

2 things:

1) Cut the price further, even at $399 "parity" (even with an extra game), the value proposition relative to the PS4 isn't strong enough to the average person. ie. The average person would prefer to spend another $50 and avoid a mainstream game due to the fact the PS4 has a better gaming experience and technology. To me, a $299 price point would be proper parity pricing.

2) Accelerate the X1 slim. I would buy one if the console wasn't such a beast - these days aesthetics mean a lot more; case and point Apple products.

orochi91

Its his revenge on many Gaffers that shit on him without legitimate reason. Dude can cause ruckus without any effort.

I love him.

The dude is funny and looks just like an uncle of mine lol

19-20 million? I can certainly see it but I'm scared to be that optimistic, haha. Would love to see it happen though

I'm super optimistic and happy right now.

Naruto chapter was amazing, Sony destroying it in NPD was amazing, currently playing Rogue Galaxy which is also amazing.

Great fucking day :D

Why not? My belief is that theirs is completely stupid, idiotic and condescending.

On the topic at hand, those Vita numbers are surprising. Can't wait for more numbers to drop...
soon.

Nobody's buying a Vita and I don't blame them. The system itself and the memory cards are still overpriced.

Shame, because remote play and ps+ freebies on it are fantastic.
It just pisses me off because of what it could have been.

Though with PSNow it could still end up being... If Sony can iron out pricing issues.

B.O.O.M

Holy shit dem vita numbers...I mean they still suck but relatively yay?! I'm shocked SCEA even supplied that many to the market >_>

dem PS4 numbers tho...wow

zeromcd73

Lol I like the anime might have to read manga. Wonder if it will possibly get to undead life with the Vita TV launch month only to die again.
Totally forgot about the PS TV launch this month.

I wonder if the next prediction thread will take it into account. It's totally gonna bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom