• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaNaranja

Jesus. You could make a sandwich in the time it takes him to swing his weapon.

Seriously what the fuck? This is the game that has so many people excited? And the other enemy is just standing there.

Anyway did the new Skylanders come out in September? I wonder how many kids have switched over to Disney Infinity.

I would say mediocre. Not good.

You have to look at the trajectories of the platforms Smash was releasing on. 3DS is not Wii. Middling success with low software sales versus huge success with vibrant software sales.

This is a good, but not great launch for the first handheld Smash. Will be much worse for the WiiU version methinks. Even if it causes hardware sales spikes.

I think it's as good as can be expected given the platform.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Megaton!
Vita ~ 20k, B2 bundle ~ 97%

tumblr_n3snc6xukX1rzik3go1_250.gif

GnawtyDog

Banned
MSFT's PR makes me think there's an ever increasing probability that the company is going to spin off the gaming division if things don't pick up as expected during the next 3 months.

I wish they would at least put up a fight.

Come on guys.

Not gonna happen. They'll spin the division 2-3 years from now if ANYTHING, based on performance. Then again they want that living room at all cost: Apple, Samsung and even Amazon are bigger fish than Sony.

So, if PS4 passed 10 million in mid August, what would the install base be by now?

I think they should be close to over 11.5 million, maybe close to 12. Should reach mid 12 millions, maybe near 13 (or a bit higher) by the end of Oct. Then 17-18 million by the end of Dec.

Apparently Destiny sold more on the xbone than ps4. Where is your money bag God now Sony?

Lmao

Just banging your head against the wall at this point repeating what is in the OP in the 40+ page of this fhread

Sony should of done a Vita Minecraft bundle. Sales could of been 100k in October

Apparently Destiny sold more on the xbone than ps4. Where is your money bag God now Sony?

It's been said int he thread a ton already, but that's likely because of the free game promo MS did the week of Destiny's release; those games count since most stores just gave away gift cards (or ran the game up at POS separately), instead of the game being bundled with the console (which Sony did and which isn't counted in NPD).

I think Acti said PS4 has the the most active players, but both consoles probably have a very healthy Destiny playerbase.

ManteoMax

Rankings are somewhat interesting but this is like Exhibitor Relations saying "Here's a portion of the movies that made money at the box office this week but we're not going to tell you how much they made or how many theaters they were in."

Road

Vita wut?

So it took Sony four months to reopen the Vita factories, assemble and ship new Borderland 2 bundles. LOL

alterno69

Banned
MSFT's PR makes me think there's an ever increasing probability that the company is going to spin off the gaming division if things don't pick up as expected during the next 3 months.

I wish they would at least put up a fight.

Come on guys.
What else could they possibly be doing? Give the consoles away for free? They already slashed the price and are giving two games for free at most places.

Vestal

Uh, yeah? What exactly is the problem? It's not like I said it, Hindle's calling all the people who've mocked him (which includes Bish) stupid. Not exactly a smart thing to say.

Its completely unnecessary to try and use an authority figure such as a Mod to try and make an argument.

I think they should be close to over 11.5 million, maybe close to 12. Should reach mid 12 millions, maybe near 13 (or a bit higher) by the end of Oct. Then 17-18 million by the end of Dec.

If the PS4 manages to sell 17-18 million by the end of the year it´ll be incredible. Huge sucess.

Hopes were ignited by Pachter's careless remarks, and then dashed. It's sad, really.

There are people here who believe. They believe that the better offering is there and they post about it, regardless of the results this month it will not stop the Xbox One from getting the best exclusive content for 2014.

They should not be shat on for expressing that belief.

It's been said int he thread a ton already, but that's likely because of the free game promo MS did the week of Destiny's release; those games count since most stores just gave away gift cards (or ran the game up at POS separately), instead of the game being bundled with the console (which Sony did and which isn't counted in NPD).

I think Acti said PS4 has the the most active players, but both consoles probably have a very healthy Destiny playerbase.

I think the important item, is that even giving the hottest game away didnt help MS win the month in hardware sales. Also that free game cost MS some money, so that has to be considered a huge loss for MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom