• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nutrition Thread |OT| You Can't Outwork A Shit Diet

ILoveBish

I plan on having a write up with what i eat everyday this week, going to show the process from store to finished product. Because i don't eat for pleasure and just for macros, i eat the exact same food everyday, and i'll demonstrate how i come up with the macros, calories and more for my every day diet.

What i eat everyday:

5 tbs heavy cream
1 tbs coconut oil
20oz meal of chicken thigh meat, pasta sauce, mozz cheese and cherry jalapenos
big slab of chocolate walnut almond cake

Comes in at ~1700-1900 calories depending on how much coffee and cake i decide to have.

Azulsky

Hey everyone - do you have any recommendations on a healthy lunch blog/website with recipes you can prepare the night before work, such that the meal is not a soggy mess the next day?

Ideally this would be simple as well. I work long hours during the week, so I, like many of us, am looking for minimal prep time.

The simplest answer is just cook extra for dinner so that you have leftovers. When you are putting away the leftovers take a portion aside and put it in your lunchbox/tupperware for the next day.

yeah i hate anything that is an actual egg. however i can toss a raw one in a protein shake no issues.
what kind of milk is good milk, whole half or 0% ?

Doesn't really matter that much (some argue it's better to go with whole to get some fats). But with that said, you get a shitload of carbs from milk anyway, so if you're trying to hit particular macros it could make it a bit more difficult. Greek yoghurt is also pretty good, but you'd need to eat a lot of it.

If you don't want to do meat or fish, the best options are protein shakes or bars. If you're a vegan though I've got bad news, 99% of the vegan protein shakes are utterly disgusting.

Because i don't eat for pleasure and just for macros, i eat the exact same food everyday

You're just asking to introduce nutritional deficiencies, even with multivitamins you're going to be missing out on all sorts of phytonutrients.

Dre

Any tips for getting more fiber in my diet? I've been eating vegetable heavy meals lately, with hummus and some wheat bread / wheat naan for variety, but it's hard for me to really get more than 25g/fiber a day, since it's not like I consume more than 2 - 3 (small) slices of bread in a given day (I don't buy into the "whole wheat is great for you, eat crap tons of it!" propaganda). The vegetables help, but I'm already eating a lot (50 to 75 percent of the plate) and I'd have to eat a LOT MORE to get the fiber up.

I guess I could get more beans? But I'm honestly a bit sick of beans and would like other sources. That's why I got bread in the first place. I hadn't had bread in -months- and have taken to eating a slice here and there drizzled with olive oil, Mediterranean style.

I actually cut all fructose from my diet quite a while ago. But yesterday I got sick and while I was buying Tylenol at Walgreens I picked up two pints of Ben & Jerry's that were on sale. It's a one-time only thing, but I don't feel bad about it at all.
Do you like avocados or nuts/seeds? They have high amounts of fiber. You could also swap some of your vegetables for a couple carrots, those should help as well.

Furyous

My Diet:

2 cans of pork and beans along with a liter of water in the morning.
A 2,780 calorie protein shake somewhere between lunch and 5 pm.
Two bratwursts
2 cups of rice or 8 servings for 800 calories.

1 hour of exercise either three days a week or seven depending upon the week.

Been doing this for 7+ months, no ill effects, should be obvious by now if it were a problem.

Not really. Short term we can pretty much run on anything as long as it's not actively toxic. It's over much longer periods that your body starts to suffer because of it.

You might be lucky and have found a particular combination of things that covers you well, but I'd strongly advise against it for anyone else (ignoring the fact that it's kind of a boring way to live).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. Short term we can pretty much run on anything as long as it's not actively toxic. It's over much longer periods that your body starts to suffer because of it.

You might be lucky and have found a particular combination of things that covers you well, but I'd strongly advise against it for anyone else (ignoring the fact that it's kind of a boring way to live).

Yeah, it's hard to say what the effects could be long term.

I've always been interested in Dr. Bruce Ames's triage theory described here:

The Nutrition and Metabolism group at Children's Hospital of Oakland Research Institute under the direction of U.S. National Medal of Science recipient, Prof. Bruce N. Ames, is clarifying the mechanisms, and proposing solutions, by which poor nutrition accelerates the degenerative diseases of aging with their huge attendant medical costs. Ames posited, and has buttressed, Triage Theory (1,2): metabolism responds to moderate deficiency of an essential vitamin or mineral (V/M) so that the scarce V/M is preferentially retained by V/M-dependent proteins necessary for short-term survival and reproduction. In contrast, proteins needed for long term health, which he terms longevity proteins because they defend against the diseases associated with aging, lose the V/M and are disabled. Most of the world population, including that of the U.S., are moderately deficient in one or more of the ~30 essential V/Ms. Moreover, since the damage from moderate deficiency is insidious, its importance for long-term health is not being appreciated. Strong support for triage theory comes from Dr. Joyce McCann analyses of the literature on proteins dependent on vitamin K (3) and on selenium (4). Both have built into metabolism this trade-off between short-term survival and long-term health and each uses a different mechanism to accomplish this end. Theory and evidence suggest that this metabolic trade-off accelerates aging-associated diseases, such as cancer, cognitive decline, and cardiovascular disease.

You can find some of his talks on YouTube in which he describes it in more detail.

Servbot24

Banned
Every day I eat:

Plain oatmeal for breakfast
Smoothie for lunch
Cassien shake for afternoon
Quest bar before work out
Chicken or eggs for dinner

Plus multivitamins, fish oil, calcium

Kevyt

I've finally found this thread! I have some questions myself but first I'm gonna do some research and read the first pages too. Anyways I'm glad there's a nutrition thread.

Sadetar

Forgive me, but I never understood the point of the green smoothies?

Most of them involve raw Spinach, but from what I have read, most of the micronutrients are unavailable until it is cooked. So what you getting out of it then is added plant fiber?

On the home front, I am trying to replace my milk+protein breakfast drink with real food, but having issues coming up with something that fits the calorie bill without being overloaded on protein. I've only become wary of the protein amount in it being too high (50g) recently, and except for what is in the milk there aren't many micro-nutrients in it.

What are some good options that I can prepare the night before or very quickly the morning of. I'm kinda leaning towards trying one of these egg cupcakes options or just some type of oatmeal concoction.
Well, it solely depends what you will put into them.

I generally use ingredients that I would anyways eat raw like celery, herbs, carrots, cucumber, kale, fresh ginger, apples, avocado, oranges, nuts... I also generally throw in things like camu camu, chia seeds, linen seeds, dried berries and so on. I quite often add some quark to get the proteins up as well.

I have found them to be an awesome way get a whole lot of veggies and important nutrients into me with an awesome taste.

Looooove smoothies. I usually do grapes + pineapple + spinach + yogurt + banana. Which is an incredible amount of sugar but fuck it, I don't have any other sugar in my diet.
I might need to try this out on a gym day with switching yoghurt to quark for more protein. :D

I do love smoothies as well. <3

please tell me how to up my protein intake practically if i hate eggs to death and back. :(
Chicken, cottage cheese, Quest protein bars and quark are my main protein sources. I eat around 120 grams of protein in a day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've finally found this thread! I have some questions myself but first I'm gonna do some research and read the first pages too. Anyways I'm glad there's a nutrition thread.

Doing the research first is the best thing. If you have any questions about what's reputable or not, definitely run it by us here. We've done a ton of research of our own over the years and are pretty knowledgeable.

If you come up and say "thinking of doing a detox" we'll inform you

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Or, honestly, eat the pineapple and banana whole so you don't lose their fiber content

They're going in a smoothie, not through a juicer, so the fiber isn't lost. The whole fruits are still consumed.

Kevyt

Doing the research first is the best thing. If you have any questions about what's reputable or not, definitely run it by us here. We've done a ton of research of our own over the years and are pretty knowledgeable.

If you come up and say "thinking of doing a detox" we'll inform you

Thanks! I'll start by reporting on what I eat but first I'll continue looking at the thread.

ILoveBish

I switch up the meal every 3-4 months or so, then eat that new thing everyday for that time frame. Its rare i get bored of stuff, i eat for macros, but i change it up to entirely different meals just to get a decent variety of stuff. And i do indulge every once and now on a weekend, but its still strictly keto, just higher calories of it. I get some variety, just not a insane amount.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I switch up the meal every 3-4 months or so, then eat that new thing everyday for that time frame. Its rare i get bored of stuff, i eat for macros, but i change it up to entirely different meals just to get a decent variety of stuff. And i do indulge every once and now on a weekend, but its still strictly keto, just higher calories of it. I get some variety, just not a insane amount.

Any reason why you don't have any veggies (sautéed or roasted in butter or oil, of course) in your diet? Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, spinach, etc.

Seems like a really easy way to add some more fiber, vitamins and phytonutrients to your diet while staying keto and within your macros, considering veggies have practically no calories on their own. Also easy to make and delicious. Aren't they typically considered essential to a keto diet in particular?

ILoveBish

Any reason why you don't have any veggies (sautéed or roasted in butter or oil, of course) in your diet? Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, spinach, etc.

Seems like a really easy way to add some more fiber, vitamins and phytonutrients to your diet while staying keto and within your macros, considering veggies have practically no calories on their own. Also easy to make and delicious. Aren't they typically considered essential to a keto diet in particular?

I like to keep things as simple and cheap as possible. Adding those veggies makes it cost more for not much benefit since I care not about flavor. It's plenty delicious as is anyway. I get all my nutrients anyway, especially fiber with my cake I eat everyday made from coconut flour.

maxcriden

I tried this nutrition/protein bar which seemed health and filled with protein despite not having migraine trigger ingredients as most bars do (soy, most processed stuff). I can't remember the name but I know it has a gold wrapper. PB Chocolate was the flavor. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

P.S. it's definitely not a massive brand like Balance :)'

ETA: wait!!! I found it. Yay. It was this:

http://www.22daysnutrition.com/

Any opinions on this one? Thanks!

ILoveBish

I tried this nutrition/protein bar which seemed health and filled with protein despite not having migraine trigger ingredients as most bars do (soy, most processed stuff). I can't remember the name but I know it has a gold wrapper. PB Chocolate was the flavor. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

P.S. it's definitely not a massive brand like Balance :)'

ETA: wait!!! I found it. Yay. It was this:

http://www.22daysnutrition.com/

Any opinions on this one? Thanks!

I checked the labels on them and they're very high in carbs, especially sugar. I'd stick to quest bars.

maxcriden

I checked the labels on them and they're very high in carbs, especially sugar. I'd stick to quest bars.

Ah, that's too bad. Thanks. I can't eat Quest Bars because of some of the ingredients below, though, esp the natural flavors, which tend to be migraine triggers for me:

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharides* (Prebiotic Fiber), Almonds, Water. Contains less than 2% of the following: Freeze-Dried Strawberries, Freeze-Dried Blueberries, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose, Natural Flavors.
Also, this gave me a bit of pause:

http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/12/30/are-quest-bars-really-as-nutritious-as-claimed/

Thank you anyways, though! And I would really appreciate some other suggestions if possible! Thanks all.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I like to keep things as simple and cheap as possible. Adding those veggies makes it cost more for not much benefit since I care not about flavor. It's plenty delicious as is anyway. I get all my nutrients anyway, especially fiber with my cake I eat everyday made from coconut flour.

Frozen veggies are incredibly cheap and I think you're drastically underselling their nutritional benefits, especially considering the make-up of your current diet. Ok, so you're getting some fiber from that cake since it's made with coconut flour. Between the dairy, oil, chicken and cake, where are you getting a healthy dose of vitamins, minerals and phytonurtrients from? Maybe from the pasta sauce, if it's tomato-based...but it looks like that might be it. Seems like you're focusing a bit too much on the macros alone. I don't think I've seen any diet (low fat, low carb, paleo, primal, etc) that doesn't include and promote veggies.

Is a chocolate almond walnut cake really cheaper than a huge bag of frozen veggies? Is it actually easier/simpler to prepare than a quick microwave/steam/sautee/roast?

Just something to think about, especially in the context of giving others advice in this thread.

ILoveBish

Frozen veggies are incredibly cheap and I think you're drastically underselling their nutritional benefits, especially considering the make-up of your current diet. Ok, so you're getting some fiber from that cake since it's made with coconut flour. Between the dairy, oil, chicken and cake, where are you getting a healthy dose of vitamins, minerals and phytonurtrients from? Maybe from the pasta sauce, if it's tomato-based...but it looks like that might be it. Seems like you're focusing a bit too much on the macros alone. I don't think I've seen any diet (low fat, low carb, paleo, primal, etc) that doesn't include and promote veggies.

Is a chocolate almond walnut cake really cheaper than a huge bag of frozen veggies? Is it actually easier/simpler to prepare than a quick microwave/steam/sautee/roast?

Just something to think about, especially in the context of giving others advice in this thread.

I'm an extreme case, I don't tell anyone to do what I do because what I do works for me, but might not for someone else. It's why I purposely give several options in the op, I want someone to make an informed decision on their own about what they want to do, not yell at them that carbs are bad.

And the cake is actually my way of getting more fat in, I struggle to get enough fat in everyday, the cake is extremely high in fat, and that helps me get closer to my macros. It's also full of healthy fiber. Right now I'm still about 35g of fat short everyday, I might have to start downing coconut oil or something lol.

As far as veggies, I have a large amount of pasta sauce and jalapeños every day. My last meal I ate for months was spinach Alfredo chicken casserole. I switch it up, sometimes it's veggie heavy, sometimes it's not. My main concern is hitting my macros and making sure I'm in ketosis.

CrankyJay

Banned
Sousvide chicken breast is where it's at on a cut...cooked perfectly, still moist...just do a huge batch and eat it over the next 3-4 days.

0dsWr0U.jpg

ILoveBish

I've documented everything other then the cake now, I'll have a write up done this weekend with pics of how I do everything when it comes to food.

Chicken breasts have almost no taste. Chicken thighs 4 lyfe.

I do mine in curry sauces etc. The breast might not have taste, the sauce they're sitting in certainly does. That aside, roast chicken breast is delicious, even without marinade.

/licks lips

I plan on having a write up with what i eat everyday this week, going to show the process from store to finished product. Because i don't eat for pleasure and just for macros, i eat the exact same food everyday, and i'll demonstrate how i come up with the macros, calories and more for my every day diet.

What i eat everyday:

5 tbs heavy cream
1 tbs coconut oil
20oz meal of chicken thigh meat, pasta sauce, mozz cheese and cherry jalapenos
big slab of chocolate walnut almond cake

Comes in at ~1700-1900 calories depending on how much coffee and cake i decide to have.

Pretty poor micronutrient content. Don't be lazy when doing keto. You might have a vitamin deficiency at this rate. Macronutrients are only a small part of the equation.

You can still eat a variety of leafy vegetables and still keep your vitamin and mineral content above adequate and still stay in ketosis.

Sousvide chicken breast is where it's at on a cut...cooked perfectly, still moist...just do a huge batch and eat it over the next 3-4 days.

0dsWr0U.jpg

Mine arrived for xmas I got the red one. have only made onsen tamago with it haha. Need to reduce waiting time on a food project I am working on and maybe using a sous vide pre cook might do the trick so will be using it for skme chicken today as well.

I'm really tempted to try one of those things. Is there a particular brand / model that people recommend? Not that I can probably get it in the UK, but I can probably import at a ridiculous cost.

ILoveBish

Alright guys, apologies it took so damn long. I've now started working out during work hours, which means i can have a normal sleep schedule, which means things got really weird while i adjusted to the new time frame. I did snap all the pics for the food process, and i also snapped a few pics of the cake process but i legit got busy while making the cake (both times!) and i didn't snap enough pictures, sorry.

Well, here it goes. Let us start off with the basics:

Eat same meal every single day because i want things to be as simple as freakin possible.
Equal measure of food every single day so that i have a consistent measure day by day.
Since i am doing keto, my main concerns are getting carbs under 30g net, having proper amount of protein (150g) and the rest is fat.

I am on a cut, so obviously i am going to eat at a deficit. Lets do the calculations, shall we?

According to the IF Calculator, my calories should be 2484 for being sedentary. 245.5lbs and 5'11", those are my numbers, although this calculator is assuming most of my extra weight is fat when i have a lot of muscle on me from nearly 3 years of lifting. I lift 4-5 days a week, but i do not count those towards my food because i'm more interested in losing fat at this point. I'm measuring as the weeks go by to adjust if i'm too low calorie wise and will raise it if needed.

So lets just make it a clean 2500 calories. Now, 30g net of carbs is 120 calories, so that is 2380 left. I am going for 150g of protein a day, which is 600 calories. Which means i'm down to 1780 calories. 1780 calories divided by 9 (the amount of calories in fat) comes out to a whopping 198g of fat. Dats a lot of fat. And this is the calorie intake i need just to stay even and not including the calories burned lifting at the gym, and doesn't take into account how much muscle i have on my body already which helps me burn fat quicker just being there.

So, to recap, main concerns are the macros needed to hit at the min, which are 30g net carbs or less, 150g protein, rest is just fat anyway, so that number goes to whatever i want to hit whatever calorie intake i want. So 720 calories a day is just to hit my base needed protein and carbs, the rest all comes from fat. The amount of fat will be what determines how many calories i'm going to be deficit everyday.

So everyday, i have foods that are a staple, and those are to be counted and removed from my macros when deciding on what foods i am going to eat. Everyday, i start with coffee, 3 tablespoons of heavy cream (5g of fat per tbsp, making it 15g of fat), and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil also in the coffee (its 14g of fat for 1 tablespoon). So off the bat, that is 29g of fat in my coffee that i drink slowly going to work. It has no protein and maybe 1.5g net carbs total in the heavy cream.

I have a protein shake after the gym, brand and type isn't really important, i just make sure it is whey isolate, and i have 5g of creatine with it. I usually have half a scoop, which is 16g of protein and 2.5g net carbs. So now with the morning coffee and shake after the gym, we're at 29g of fat, 16g of protein, and about 4g net of carbs. Total so far: 341 calories, and i'm still allowed 134g of protein and 26g net of carbs, plus whatever fat.

Next up i decided, i wanted to make sure i have delicious cake every single day. Rich, delicious choco cake, every single day while losing weight. Yes, for real.

The recipe i used (i modified it for my own preference) was this:

http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2013/05/healthy-recipe-double-mocha-cake.html

My adjustments are that i use almond extract instead of coffee extract, i do not make any frosting, i double all the portions and make a big ass single cake, i use heavy cream instead of coconut milk for more fat and richer cake, and i don't use any powdered splenda, i use powdered stevia instead.

I'll run the macros down piece by piece when i show the pics of the cake process, but i get 16 slices per cake, with the entire cake being:

54g net Carbs, 194g Fat, 52g Protein

Divided into 16 slices makes each slice:

3.4g net Carbs, 12.25g Fat, 3.25g Protein

I usually have 3 slices a day, sometimes 2 depending on how i feel.

So lets assume i'm having 3 slices a day (these are large pieces), just cake alone is:

10.2g net Carbs, 36.75g Fat, 9.75g Protein.

So, after coffee with heavy cream/coconut oil, my protein shake, 3 slices of cake, my macros so far are:

14.2g net Carbs, 65.75g Fat, 25.75g Protein

So i still have: 15.8g carbs, whatever amount of fat i want to hit, and 124.25g of protein to hit my numbers.

From here, i have a one time a day large meal. I used to split this meal into 2, but i am MUCH more satisfied eating a big ass meal once a day and having cake the rest of the day, then i was having multiple meals throughout the day. Again, YMMV.

The meal consists of 1lb of chicken breast, pasta sauce, .25lb of mozz cheese and .75 cup of jalapenos. I'll do the breakdown of the macros in each item when i do the picture portion of this writeup, but the entire recipe i make comes out to:

38g net Carbs
165g Fat
501g Protein

Comes out to 4 meals, which makes each meal:

9.5g net Carbs
41.25g Fat
125.25g Protein

So, added altogether, coffee with heavy cream/coconut oil, protein shake, 3 slices of cake, the chicken meal, and lets also throw in 2 more tablespoons of heavy cream for a 2nd coffee later that evening (10g fat, 1g carb).

Comes out to:

24.7g net Carbs
117g Fat
151g Protein

So i am under my carbs for the day which keeps me in ketosis most of the time, i hit my protein goal so that i do not lose muscle while losing only fat, and i am on a deep cut thanks to the low amount of fat. As of these calculations, i am eating 1756 calories a day. This of course depends on me having all 3 slices of cake, a lot of times i don't make it to 3 since i'm never hungry.

And that is how i eat and count my calories. Next post will show the actual process of the food making.

ILoveBish

Chicken meal

Ingredients:

1 can of pasta sauce, i use cheap hunts Garlic and Herb because its low carb and only 99 cents a can.

1LB Mozzarella cheese. I buy mozz cheese in bulk, usually 5-6lb blocks for 2 bucks a pound or less depending on market price.

3 cups Jalapenos. I buy the jalapenos in bulk, the entire canister is only 5 bucks.

4LBs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast. I buy the chicken in 40lb boxes, this time it was 1.49 a pound for chicken breast.

First thing i do is get all 40lbs of chicken, Clean the chicken, then weigh it uncooked till i have 4lbs of it separated. I just cut up other chicken pieces till i'm at my desired weight reached on the scale. Once i am at 4lbs, i throw it in a pan and toss it in the oven @ 400 degrees till its done. I do this with all 40lbs, usually i get 9 4lb servings and like 2-3lbs left over which i use for whatever. After all 9 4lb servings are cooked, i put them into separate ziplock freezer bags, then throw them in the freezer. Whenever i make a meal, i have the chicken portioned out, cooked and ready to turn into food. With 9 bags of chicken ready to go, each bag is 4 days of chicken, that is 36 days i don't have to cook chicken again.

When i'm ready to make my meals, i thaw a bag of chicken (usually 2 of them), then once its thawed, i cut it up into small pieces, and place them into a oven safe bowl. Then i add the can of pasta sauce to it, then the 3 cups of jalapenos. After that, i put the cheese on it, and throw it in the oven. In these pics i melted the cheese ontop, but now i cut them into small cubes and mix it with the food and it comes out even better.

After all the food is properly cooked, mixed together to get the cheese spread nicely and made sure its good to go, i let it cool and then bust out the freezer safe tupperware and the food scale. Now since i've made this meal so many times, i know the food comes in at around 22-23oz per container. So i start with 22oz into each, then measure the left overs and split them into the 4 tupperwares. Thats it. After that, if i don't have any ready in the fridge, put 2 there, then the rest in the freezer. And thats it.

I'll do a separate post another time on the cake since i honestly need to take more pics of that. Money wise, i eat this meal for less then 3 bucks a day, packed with protein and healthy fat, something to think about how much you can save making your own meals at home, eating a lot healthier, and achieving results.

Sadetar

Alright guys, apologies it took so damn long. I've now started working out during work hours, which means i can have a normal sleep schedule, which means things got really weird while i adjusted to the new time frame. I did snap all the pics for the food process, and i also snapped a few pics of the cake process but i legit got busy while making the cake (both times!) and i didn't snap enough pictures, sorry.

Well, here it goes. Let us start off with the basics:

Eat same meal every single day because i want things to be as simple as freakin possible.
Equal measure of food every single day so that i have a consistent measure day by day.
Since i am doing keto, my main concerns are getting carbs under 30g net, having proper amount of protein (150g) and the rest is fat.

Snap
Your post was definitely very helpful. You seem to know your stuff very well. The only thing that I was thinking that do you get all your needed vitamins and such? I mean I understand that you are in keto and that you switch your daily food once in a while, but do you take any supplements to make sure you get everything?

I haven't never done keto myself, but generally I try to stay with low carb diet (lately haven't been doing that well on that department thanks to smoothies and way too good bread. I am aware I need to clean the diet to be able to lose fat. Now I have been just maintaining). I think I might be too lazy to actually count that my daily intake would be under a certain limit, even if I try to keep it low. Awesome to see that some people manage to make it work so seemingly easy. :p

oti

Banned
Buying frozen chicken breasts sounds so nice. I've never seen them here in Germany. They're always fresh. Also boneless chicken thighs, wish I could buy those too.

I'm using my steamer every other day. Make a huuuuuge batch of vegetables and some chicken or turkey. (Sometimes pork but that doesn't taste so great steamed.) I like the simplicity of it even if my friends call me crazy or boring for eating the same stuff day in day out. I change the vegetables, sometimes I eat rice, sometimes potatoes or sweet potatoes. I made my own curry sauce and a batch tsatsiki. I like it. :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bish, I enjoy lookin at the process. Good shit from one keto brah to another. My setup is significantly less work, but I get a lot less out of it. "throw bag of chicken breasts in slow cooker. sprinkle bullshit spices on it. wait. do it again in a few days" is my routine. I appreciate you taking the time to guide us through the process. :)

ILoveBish

Woops, sorry i forgot to check back on this thread, my apologies.

Your post was definitely very helpful. You seem to know your stuff very well. The only thing that I was thinking that do you get all your needed vitamins and such? I mean I understand that you are in keto and that you switch your daily food once in a while, but do you take any supplements to make sure you get everything?

I haven't never done keto myself, but generally I try to stay with low carb diet (lately haven't been doing that well on that department thanks to smoothies and way too good bread. I am aware I need to clean the diet to be able to lose fat. Now I have been just maintaining). I think I might be too lazy to actually count that my daily intake would be under a certain limit, even if I try to keep it low. Awesome to see that some people manage to make it work so seemingly easy. :p

I'll be honest, i think that if you eat your meals from real food and not processed stuff made in a lab from corn, you'll be fine vitamin wise. I take no supplements other then a protein shake (just because i like nothing but protein after i lift), and that has some stuff in it, but i take nothing else. I think those guidelines are really for the traditional (and bad) high carb diets most people eat, which has stuff like cheerios and processed food. I eat a deficit, lift super heavy at the gym and have enough energy to run through a wall (maybe 2-3 walls) everyday. I just concentrate on whole foods + macros.

Bish, I enjoy lookin at the process. Good shit from one keto brah to another. My setup is significantly less work, but I get a lot less out of it. "throw bag of chicken breasts in slow cooker. sprinkle bullshit spices on it. wait. do it again in a few days" is my routine. I appreciate you taking the time to guide us through the process. :)

Keto bro. Yes, i am a bit obsessive. But being obese for so long, and nearing a flat stomach now, i'm loving being obsessive.

That leangains tldr... lol. No.

An important part of is timing your main meal to be right after training wherever possible (and for it to be as large as possible). You could just skip breakfast... but you'd be missing a large part of the point.

Related - Warrior looks interesting, but no way in hell could I do 2500kcal (or more if exercise required it) in four hours.

ILoveBish

That leangains tldr... lol. No.

An important part of is timing your main meal to be right after training wherever possible (and for it to be as large as possible). You could just skip breakfast... but you'd be missing a large part of the point.

Related - Warrior looks interesting, but no way in hell could I do 2500kcal (or more if exercise required it) in four hours.

I break my fast at noon, eat a huge meal that will for sure cause a insulin spike, then hit the gym and use that spike for energy. I have never had success eating big after the gym, everytime i did i felt bad and bloated. I just have a small protein shake after the gym and then wait a few hours for a high fat cake. Last meal at 530-7pm. Thats how i've been rolling and its been terrific. Only been a a little over 3 weeks with this setup however.

Top Bottom