• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

Odrion

Banned
Damn, dat difference between 980TI and Titan X.

There's no reason to buy a Titan X now. Unless you need the extra ram.

I'm willing to bet you can push a Titan X a lot farther than the 980ti. People have already noticed that the 980ti is runs higher than what it says it's clocked at. There's a custom bios out that can push the Titan X to 50% more power.

Probably not enough to make the $350 gap worth it to some folk, but there will be some who'll still pay the premium.

Just...fuck you Australia, seriously. $400 more expensive for NO FUCKING REASON. God I hate this country and how it gives no shits to stabilising this rampant rip off nature we suffer.

If you hate the country, fuck off out of it.

$400 more expensive? Are you that fucking stupid that you think our currency is on par?

It costs just over $900 to import one, so given how bad our dollar is at the moment, $999 isn't bad.

GHG

Does the 970 get a price cut as well?

If it does then Nvidia are really trying to push AMD out of the equation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just...fuck you Australia, seriously. $400 more expensive for NO FUCKING REASON. God I hate this country and how it gives no shits to stabilising this rampant rip off nature we suffer.

You are aware of how shitty our dollar is at the moment, right? AUD$849 + GST = $933. Nvidia could have thrown us a bone and put the RRP at $949, but $999 isn't entirely unreasonable.

For what it's worth, EVGA has a global warranty policy, so you could import one of its reference cards from Amazon for roughly $867.50 shipped.

HowZatOZ

Banned
If you hate the country, fuck off out of it.

$400 more expensive? Are you that fucking stupid that you think our currency is on par?

It costs just over $900 to import one, so given how bad our dollar is at the moment, $999 isn't bad.

Whoa dude, I never claimed our currency is on par with the USD nor expected it to be with this release. All I said is I hate how ripped off we get because "Australia", but it does seem like Umart isn't exactly playing it nice price wise so I'll definitely be looking at PCCG. Though I still need to toss up whether I should bother upgrading from a single eVGA 770 4GB or just wait for Nvidia's HBM cards.

I'm willing to bet you can push a Titan X a lot farther than the 980ti. People have already noticed that the 980ti is runs higher than what it says it's clocked at. There's a custom bios out that can push the Titan X to 50% more power.

Probably not enough to make the $350 gap worth it to some folk, but there will be some who'll still pay the premium.

In b4 they announce Titan X ti at $1000 that does 5 frames better than 980 ti, and then everyone buys that after buying the 980 ti.

Jimrpg

Somebody tell the aussie reserve bank to raise interest rates temporarily by 5% for a couple of weeks. That should boost the aussie dollar back up over US$1.

Then we can all buy our 980 Ti.

jfoul

I'm gonna wait and see if any custom coolers are available out of the gate.

Also I have to pay sales tax at Amazon but I don't have to at Newegg, that's a huge incentive for me to not buy from Amazon.

Yeah, Amazon sales tax goes live in my state today. So, I'm feeling some pressure to buy something now, but I want to wait for the Radeon Fury release.

I'm gonna wait and see if any custom coolers are available out of the gate.

Also I have to pay sales tax at Amazon but I don't have to at Newegg, that's a huge incentive for me to not buy from Amazon.

Same here but the bullshit runaround Newegg gives you if something goes wrong isn't worth it

jfoul

Damn, Amazon tax just kicked in for my state. I built up my Amazon GC balance to over $300 in anticipation for a new card this month. It'll probably be cheaper for me to purchase the 980ti through Best Buy with the 10% off mover's coupon.

Damn, Amazon tax just kicked in for my state. I built up my Amazon GC balance to over $300 in anticipation for a new card this month. It'll probably be cheaper for me to purchase the 980ti through Best Buy with the 10% off mover's coupon.
Best Buy having the latest cards in stock? You'll be waiting months.

The more you think about it, the more this isn't such a good price for this card.

The chip in it has been made on the old and mature 28nm process (so cheaper to manufacture), it's got 'old' GDDR5 memory in it and nothing new to command a premium, and the performance is still not good enough for 4K gaming and you won't get 60fps in some titles even at 1440p.

The only reason the price looks decent is because the Titan X is $300 too expensive. If AMD delivers similar price to performance with the Fury, I'll be disappointed.

Caayn

Where does the €605 price in the title come from. It's €750 according to tech sites in the Netherlands.

I do wish the actual price ends up as €605 :D

xHiryu

Curious to see how the GTX 1000 series compares to this card. I have a GTX 680, but have been waiting to upgrade. Although it seems unlikely, is there any news on the 1000 series when it comes to performance?

This card does seem to be baller af tho

Vuze

Where does the €605 price in the title come from. It's €750 according to tech sites in the Netherlands.

I do wish the actual price ends up as €605 :D
yeah, I was like "that's a weird price.... but I'll take it", boom 750€ lol

I'll stick to my 970 anyway until the next big thing is out, should be decent enough.

Bl@de

What's with the 605€ in the title? It is 740€ in Germany ;) Tax free? Because with 19% tax it would be 720€. What a bargain ...

Board partners with overclocked cards will probably be 800-850€.

Bl@de

Is there any particular reason why USA stores report the price of stuff without the taxes? Every single time I forget this and every single time I get disappointed.

I think different states have different sales taxes. In Germany it's 19% everywhere (except 7% for food, books and some other exceptions).

Hayvic

I think different states have different sales taxes. In Germany it's 19% everywhere (except 7% for food, books and some other exceptions).

Figured as much. Bit weird to collect sales taxes on a state level if you ask me. But that's another discussion. It's 21% here in the Netherlands. But thank god we don't live in Sweden.

Top Bottom