• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

I paid ten dollars extra for a backplate wootttt. At least it'll be less scary to handle I suppose. Only got the one for now, hopefully they're are easily in stock in about two to three weeks.

Remmy2112

Yay, the 980 Ti is available for EVGA's step-up program. I just got a 980 right before Witcher 3 came out and I am very, very tempted to step it up.

Question: The 980 Ti listed for the step-up is the reference card with the ACX 2.0 cooling, while I got the 980 FTW edition. Are the the SC, FTW, classified, etc just cards that EVGA overclocked themselves and have rated as "stable," even though some games may disagree? Getting a base model means I have to do any overclocking myself and thus risk voiding the warranty?

It's true I'm lazy... I don't wanna spend $1000 on a GPU, what's looking like the most sensible upgrade from a 3gb 7970 in the next 6 months or so?

If the R9 380X turns out to be a full Tonga XT 4GB it'll be in the running for best sweet spot GPU...should give the green team a run for its money possibly matching the GTX 970 but coming in at the $250 price point...placing it only $50 more expensive than the GTX 960. nVidia may respond by dropping the 970s price &/or finally releasing a 960 Ti. Competition is good, eh?

GHG

Any up on amazon.com that are in stock yet?

If you manage to order please share the love!

kase23

these are listed at 1 grand in Australian dollars, Need to see what price AMD's 390x is going to ship at before I commit , I've been running a pre-launch 7970 comfortably for the last 4 years but witchter 3 is really pushing me to upgrade finally.

BlazinAm

I wonder how long is Nvidia going to wait on delivering G-Sync direct to desktops? I feel that in order to get these new GPUs I would have to upgrade my monitors.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I was thinking of replacing my old 2600K with Skylake this year, but all of a sudden I'm more tempted to replace my 780 Ti with this, since overclocked 2600K still holds up well due to fairly small performance increases with the newer CPUs.

Wanted to wait for Pascal, but the price is a tempting offer and I can cover a part of the cost by selling the 780 Ti.

Get that 2600k to 4.5 and buy the 980ti

Versions EVGA has so far:

Reference - $650
Reference ACX 2.0+ - $650 (better cooling)
Superclocked - $670 (factory OC'd)
Superclocked ACX 2.0+ - $670 (factory OC'd plus better cooling)
Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ - $680 (same as above plus backplate)
Hybrid - $750 (even better factory OC plus all-in-one water cooling)
Hydro Copper - $800 (even better factory OC plus ready for water cooling)

Pulled from EVGA's site, not all available for purchase yet, but are listed. Classified and K|NGP|N should be announced/out soon-ish?

http://www.evga.com/Products/Produc...=GeForce+900+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+980+Ti

GAF, I need your help.

I'll be upgrading from GTX580 SLI (lol, I know it is about time for an upgrade) but I am not sure whether the performance/price increase of the 980Ti would be more significant than grabbing a 980 SLI?

Am I being stupid, or would I be better off with just the 980Ti?

GAF, I need your help.

I'll be upgrading from GTX580 SLI (lol, I know it is about time for an upgrade) but I am not sure whether the performance/price increase of the 980Ti would be more significant than grabbing a 980 SLI?

Am I being stupid, or would I be better off with just the 980Ti?

980 SLI will outperform it (sometimes even handily, going by Titan x-980sli comparison), given SLI profiles are good.

980 SLI will outperform it (sometimes even handily, going by Titan x-980sli comparison), given SLI profiles are good.

Nice, I know the price difference is somewhat higher but I thinkthat's the way I am leaning toward.

Not denying the 980Ti looks like a very capable card though. Especially at that price.

Vercimber

Has there been any word about Amazon honoring promotions if other sites for those of us who bit early on the gigabyte card? Also, I suppose we will need to contact them about the "overclocked" turn in the product title…

AP90

Has anyone heard anything about when tigerdirect will be selling the 980ti. Nothing is on there site yet. Have 5% cahs back with my credit card.

And I want a non reference model =D

jfoul

Has anyone heard anything about when tigerdirect will be selling the 980ti. Nothing is on there site yet. Have 5% cahs back with my credit card.

And I want a non reference model =D

Which card is giving 5% cash back atm?

Top Bottom