• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

I'm seeing multiple reviews that say wait for AMD's card since it might drive the price of the 980 ti down. Is there any precedence for this happening with previous generations?

Jimrpg

Yeah, just read them now.

Saw two interesting gigabyte ones at different prices
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 WindForce OC 4GB GDDR5
for 384 euros.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce 3X OC 4GB DDR5
for 364 euros.

What are the major differences between this two?

The G1 is clocked slightly higher about 60Mhz more than the Windforce 3X. Core Clock on the Windforce is 1114 Mhz to G1's 1178 Mhz.

I'd probably get the Windforce and overlock that 60Mhz yourself.

I'm seeing multiple reviews that say wait for AMD's card since it might drive the price of the 980 ti down. Is there any precedence for this happening with previous generations?

Link? I haven't seen anyone say that. However, I have seen some people say that the reason why this GPU is so cheap may be because Fiji really delivers... will have to wait and see. Will know in 2 weeks.

rashbeep

Banned
Well shit.

Just bought a 970 about a month ago, and I still have a 680 left over. Guess I could sell them off and make up the difference to get this. Any takers :p

Link? I haven't seen anyone say that. However, I have seen some people say that the reason why this GPU is so cheap may be because Fiji really delivers... will have to wait and see. Will know in 2 weeks.

From PC Gamer's review:
If you have to buy a graphics card today, the GTX 980 Ti offers great performance. It’s nearly the same performance as the Titan X at two-thirds the cost. But we can’t in good faith recommend buying the GPU right now. Wait to see what AMD has to say with Fiji and then decide where your loyalties lie. See if prices shift. Worst case, you’ve waited a few extra weeks. Best case, you might save money and/or get a faster GPU.

Caayn

Retailers in mainland Europe are taking advantage of the craze pushing absurd prices.

I've seen listings as high as 1200 swiss francs (around 1200 euros).

Lowest I've seen in my country is 712 chf (689 euros) for a Zotac reference card.
Prices so far are awfull. Haven't seen a single card for less than €800(/$875) yet, not even a reference card. Wtf Nvidia and retailers.

Sanjay

Prices so far are awfull. Haven't seen a single card for less than €800(/$875) yet, not even a reference card. Wtf Nvidia and retailers.

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme € 799
Base Clock: 1253 MHz
Boost Clock: 1355 MHz
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Does any one know if this place ships to UK?

dmr87

rmxb.jpg

qmxb.jpg

pmxb.jpg

Considering that the reference cards are launching at $870/800€ here in Sweden, that MSI is going to cost a pretty penny. The Zotac Extreme is still he highest clocked card I've seen so far.

Credo

Holy fuck I love EVGA. Got my 980 2 weeks ago. I can send it to EVGA and receive the 980ti for the price difference (96$)

My last 2 cards have been Gigabyte and Asus, but hearing this is making me consider go with EVGA this time around.

The little bit of wisdom in me is telling me to wait a few weeks until reviews have come out for the different cards and then pick the one that runs the coolest........but the hype is strong!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is there any comparisons to 2x970's? I have both OC'd about another 15% so performance is swell but would switch over if thus card is as fast or faster than 2 970's.

Holy fuck I love EVGA. Got my 980 2 weeks ago. I can send it to EVGA and receive the 980ti for the price difference (96$)

Did you register your product within 14 days? I bought mine 5 weeks ago but I haven't opened/registered it yet so I don't think I'm eligible for the Step Up :(

Mookow

Rolled over at 330 and said fuck it, let's see if EVGA was up...they were but half models sold out, in for one 980 Ti SC. Got up a few hours later and all sold out, my order says pending verification. Hope I made the cut.

My last 2 cards have been Gigabyte and Asus, but hearing this is making me consider go with EVGA this time around.

The little bit of wisdom in me is telling me to wait a few weeks until reviews have come out for the different cards and then pick the one that runs the coolest........but the hype is strong!

Been with EVGA since the 5xx, love them. Cool running cards, great warranties, incredible support.

Did you register your product within 14 days? I bought mine 5 weeks ago but I haven't opened/registered it yet so I don't think I'm eligible for the Step Up :(

I believe today is the 14th day and I just registered, uploaded my invoice, and requested the step up!

I am excited.

Caayn

Even if you're mobo has spare slots between the PCI-e's resulting in a gap between the cards?
Oh yeah, sorry forget to mention that. I've got a spare slot between the two PCIE slots.

x16
empty
x2
x8
x2

That's how my layout looks.

Top Bottom