• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

Skyzard

Banned
Maybe I'll wait just a tad longer...

Wonder how good these cards can be...is that cooling setup rather special?

I mean... +25%...

Suddenly it's raining graphics.

Stage 1440p: 100%
Upcoming Stage 4K: 50%

molnizzle

Gonna wait for this edition.

11b.jpg

lhjhbB9.gif

dat backplate...

76BsWCG.jpg

By the way, word to those who care and have Titan X's and are thinking of trading in.

A very special game in my heart uses up to 5.5 Gigs of VRAM at 1080p even though the game is missing numerous rendering features and has entire assets with missing textures.

And it goes above 6 Gigs at 4K...

Be weaaaaaaaaryyyyyyy!
This is strange, I never get such high VRAM usage in SC.

Man I've never used anyone but EVGA but some of these cards look incredible by the other brands. Do we have a consensus what the best model for the 980ti is?

paskowitz

Is there some magic date these (non-EVGA) aftermarket cards are going to start hitting online stores? I have no place to throw my money.

Belmire

For all you Canadian Igloo dwellers such as myself: 2x 980Ti direct from Nvidia:

1,299.98 Subtotal
201.86 Tax
47.99 Shipping

1,549.83 USD

1,941.19 CAD

Delivered before 12:00pm Tomorrow
Cuts like a knife...but it feels so right.

molnizzle

Man I've never used anyone but EVGA but some of these cards look incredible by the other brands. Do we have a consensus what the best model for the 980ti is?

I like MSI because I already use Afterburner for monitoring, so if I want to OC my voltage or something I don't need to use another utility. Their cooling system is legit too. The Twin Frozr 980 Ti looks to have the highest factory OC besides that crazy Zotac. I might've been interested in that one but it's triple slot, won't fit my case. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Frozr once again.

Is there some magic date these (non-EVGA) aftermarket cards are going to start hitting online stores? I have no place to throw my money.

Press release didn't mention anything regarding price/release date. =(

molnizzle

Typically with smaller cases it's a good idea to buy the blower style coolers because they push the heat out of the case.

Maybe for small cases that aren't the Node 304...

dPLoF2U.jpg

You get once guess at which component aligns perfectly with that giant, dust-filtered side grill. =P

badb0y

Maybe for small cases that aren't the Node 304...

dPLoF2U.jpg

You get once guess at which component aligns perfectly with that giant, dust-filtered side grill. =P
Problem isn't lack of ventilation, it's the size of the case and air flow. I have 2 GTX 780s with 3 fans blowing right over them and they can go straight to jet engine mode in my mATX case.

I don't really care about how a card looks, my desktop is stuffed under my desk and you have to crouch down to peak into the window, lol. Certainly not showing off my sweet rig to dates or anyone else.

molnizzle

Problem isn't lack of ventilation, it's the size of the case and air flow. I have 2 GTX 780s with 3 fans blowing right over them and they can go straight to jet engine mode in my mATX case.

You should buy a Node then. ;-)

I run the case fan controller on low. Won't fit SLI though, that's probably why you're getting so much heat.

You know, I'm going to need a thread somewhere that discusses what monitor to buy with these (and future) cards. 1080 just ain't cutting it anymore and I plan to move into the upper HD range by the end of the year.

Depends on your demand for various features: 4k, g-sync, 144hz, panel type, etc.

I was close to biting on the new Acer and the Dell 34" recently but today I see this:

http://www.pcper.com/news/Displays/Computex-2015-ASUS-3800R-34%E2%80%B3-Ultrawide-3440x1440-IPS-219-Curved-G-SYNC-Monitor. 34" G-Sync!

I'm curious, though I'd still prefer like a 30" (or larger, of course) 4K, G-Sync, 144hz...I just have no idea how long I'll have to wait for that, and I'm planning on upgrading my GPU soon.

For all you Canadian Igloo dwellers such as myself: 2x 980Ti direct from Nvidia:

1,299.98 Subtotal
201.86 Tax
47.99 Shipping

1,549.83 USD

1,941.19 CAD

Oof. Might as well just throw my wallet out the window

Guess I definitely am waiting for the next Nvidia GPU line

1,299.98 Subtotal
201.86 Tax
47.99 Shipping

1,549.83 USD

1,941.19 CAD

aaaahahah that's almost an entire monthly mortgage payment.

av2k

Is it a good idea to sell off my 2x 970s on ebay to get a single 6 gig 980 ti? Two 970s are about the price of a 980 ti but only has 3.5 gigs of vram but with more combined processing power.. little conflicted here.

It's... classified!

I'll see myself out now.

Haha nice!

I am surprised we don't even have a spec leak

Edit: I actually just saw EVGA has the clock speed info on their site. Here they are and how do they compare to some of the other cards out there 1152 / 1241 / 7010

Was thinking about possibly getting a new card in preparation for the VR wave coming later this year, as my 670 4gb is really starting to show its age.....

Would one of these be able to run almost everything at VR resolution on high/ultra? (cannot remember what it is lol)

Was thinking about possibly getting a new card in preparation for the VR wave coming later this year, as my 670 4gb is really starting to show its age.....

Would one of these be able to run almost everything at VR resolution on high/ultra? (cannot remember what it is lol)

Nobody's really sure - between the hardware being not-totally-finalized, and software being written to do crazy things (like rendering fewer pixels on the edges of the screen, where it won't be noticed)... I'm not sure that anything out there is truly "VR-ready."

Which is a shame, because I WANT IT SO BAD.

Nobody's really sure - between the hardware being not-totally-finalized, and software being written to do crazy things (like rendering fewer pixels on the edges of the screen, where it won't be noticed)... I'm not sure that anything out there is truly "VR-ready."

Which is a shame, because I WANT IT SO BAD.

yea that's what I figured. VR really will be the pushing point that will force me to get a better card. I just wanna be 100% sure it can do VR really well. I guess I can wait a little longer

I need that msi pricing and release date. I'm buying it asap before it sells out

I want one of:
ASUS RoG STRIX 980 Ti with DirectCU III
Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Gaming with Windforce
MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G with Twin Frozr V

Whoever releases their card first on Newegg will get my money. So hurry the fuck up already, Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward is in 18 days!

Does that EVGA Hydro Copper 980ti already have the water blocks on it? Do I need to do anything to it but plug it in? Sorry for the noob question but I've never had water blocks on a GPU

Top Bottom