• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

Deadstar

The only downsides are the gold shroud that may clash with your color scheme, there may be some pump noise (assuming your case is very quiet), and mounting the rad may be tricky in tiny cases.

How does pump noise compare to regular fan noise? I haven't ever had any water cooled stuff so I'm not sure what to expect. I have to image the card even with pump noise is quieter than the one fan evga solutions when idle and under load, but maybe I'm wrong?

paskowitz

How does pump noise compare to regular fan noise? I haven't ever had any water cooled stuff so I'm not sure what to expect. I have to image the card even with pump noise is quieter than the one fan evga solutions when idle and under load, but maybe I'm wrong?

It depends. It is a different tone from a fan. It is deeper. You will probably hear your fans or hard drives more.

Does anybody know if the DP outputs on Nvidia cards can natively output an HDMI compatible signal? In other words, can you use a passive adapter (cheaper) or do you have to use an active adapter (expensive) to convert the DP signal to HDMI?

Hybrid is AIO water cooling with a blower for memory/VRM.
Oh, I didn't pay attention to the "Hybrid" part, well that explains it.
Dang, does newegg not work/ship out on weekends? Bought a card Saturday morning with next day shipping upgrade and still hasn't shipped.

Nope, UPS and FedEx generally don't pick up on those days, UPS (maybe FedEx too) delivers on Saturdays depending on the situation. It'll ship Monday and arrive Tuesday, if you ordered Friday it'd be there tomorrow.

Vercimber

Forgive my ignorance, but I've preordered the EVGA hybrid and have no idea about how or where to mount the fan. I know YT must have videos, but I can't find them. I love the card's design, but can someone explain? I have a standard case. Thanks in advance.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've preordered the EVGA hybrid and have no idea about how or where to mount the fan. I know YT must have videos, but I can't find them. I love the card's design, but can someone explain? I have a standard case. Thanks in advance.

Your case should have places along it to mount any old 120mm fan, either in use currently or empty. You would mount the fan and radiator there, like so:

maxresdefault.jpg

You can either set it up to pull in air or push out air, depending on the airflow and positioning in your case. Or set it up with a push/pull configuration if you're really worried about temps, which I don't think you need to be. Sounds like the card stays amazingly cool with just one fan

jfoul

In other Nvidia news.

NVIDIA Tapes Out "Pascal" Based GP100 Silicon

A tape-out means that the company has successfully made a tiny quantity of working prototypes for internal testing and further development.

The chip will be built on TSMC's upcoming 16 nanometer silicon fab process, which will finally hit the road by 2016. The GP100, and its companion performance-segment silicon, the GP104 (successor to GM204), are expected to launch between Q2 and Q3, 2016.

Theonik

Awesome news. Maybe the professional models arrive by the end of the year. Then the gaming stuff rolls out between April and June. I can't wait to retire my 980Ti for big Pascal. ^_^
Professional stuff in Pascal won't be till next year Q1 or more likely Q2. Don't get excited quite yet.
Gaming GPUs might come after that but there is precedent where nVidia started an arc on small consumer before releasing big pro cards. It depends on their market position and yields when the cards are ready. If Fiji is very good nVidia might be forced to push Pascal Geforce sooner.

Sevenfold

Any reviews out for this other then that one youtube one?

Not that I've seen.
Had a chat with a Scan CS this morning and they were heavily let down with the number of 980ti Superclocked ACX. He said they ordered 100 and got 5, and I've watched a few 980 'In stocks' appear and disappear on their page today.

Zaph

Not that I've seen.
Had a chat with a Scan CS this morning and they were heavily let down with the number of 980ti Superclocked ACX. He said they ordered 100 and got 5, and I've watched a few 980 'In stocks' appear and disappear on their page today.

God damnit. Now I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and waiting for the second round of non-reference cards launching over the next month or two.

Sevenfold

God damnit. Not I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and waiting for the second round of non-reference cards launching over the next month or two.

They had over 90 pre-orders on that card. Gonna be a while. Advice, either jump on the hybrid while it's fresh on the site, or wait it out. I'm going for the latter I think.

wtf is scan

I have to wait til friday to order my card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6202798&SID=

is probably a good one right? 40 bucks more than retail but its got the back plate, not sure if that's worth it? (i've never O/C a video card before)

and new egg is pretty good about showing what they actually have in stock, right?

I want to do 1 day shipping but not if it's gonna take them 3 weeks to ship it regardless

Jumpman

Professional stuff in Pascal won't be till next year Q1 or more likely Q2. Don't get excited quite yet.
Gaming GPUs might come after that but there is precedent where nVidia started an arc on small consumer before releasing big pro cards. It depends on their market position and yields when the cards are ready. If Fiji is very good nVidia might be forced to push Pascal Geforce sooner.

Too late, I'm already excited. Of course I've been waiting on Pascal for ages, 28nm and GDDR5 need to go away. I hate the slow down on the last couple of node shrinks. It took forever to get to 28, and double forever to get below that. But despite my excitement I'm unaffected by hype and can live happily in the moment. I picked up my 980ti from newegg will-call a few minutes ago so it's going to be fun putting it through its paces. :)

Major issue, video card lights up but upon signing in evga says no video card is detected and I can't switch to 120 hz mode on my Rog Swift. Is my video card dead :/

Tablo

That's my setup :) once you go 1440p at 144hz, you won't go back to 1080p. Of course the 980Ti hasn't arrived yet and it's been a week :(
Nice! I keep reminding myself that Star Wars Battlefront and Just Cause 3 drop this year, it's really the main thing keeping me from deferring an upgrade from 1080p/120hz/gtx670. I want to experience those games at very high fidelity.
Can't wait to see late 2015 benchmarks for 980 Ti :D

Getting this error "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry is incomplete or damaged.
(Code 19)

Edit: Uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them seems to have worked. Gulp

Banned
Nice! I keep reminding myself that Star Wars Battlefront and Just Cause 3 drop this year, it's really the main thing keeping me from deferring an upgrade from 1080p/120hz/gtx670. I want to experience those games at very high fidelity.
Can't wait to see late 2015 benchmarks for 980 Ti :D
I haven't played the witcher 2 or 3, batman or dragon age 3 because I've been waiting for the 980Ti to get 1440p60 :p

I played FFXIII, and Enslaved on the monitor and it breathed new life into those games. And Mortal Kombat X detail was beautiful. The scales of Reptile, the detail of clothing, the fire of Scorpion, beautiful. Expensive monitor, but worth every penny.

AP90

My Evga acx 980ti sc w/backplate shipped today. I ordered it on Saturday at noon from newegg. I'm sure amazons orders will ship asap. Hopefully you are high up on the queue.

The worst part for me is that I live in NY and the card is coming UPS ground from CA. So.. Prob won't be able to tinker till Monday night.

Top Bottom