• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

Ironbunny

For the Founder's Editions perhaps but I've been able to get multiple AIB 3090s thus far and I seen them in stock for a last couple of weeks in Europe.

Nah...this depends on the country. Here pretty much all the cards have been out of stock. Only cards i've seen being on stock have been zotac 3090 as in yesterday and those were on stock for 5 hours and then gone. For everything else the wait list points towards next year. And i've been checking the stores everyday.

Last edited:

dave_d

3060 ti had pretty good launch - you could buy it for longer than 5 minutes and they still get small drops regularly.
Worst situation is 3080 as that's the best card from the lineup and a lot of people want it.
That's what it seems like. I got farther along on both Newegg and bestbuy when I tried to order one than the other cards where I didn't even see one. I think if I just had a little more luck I could have gotten one. Still, it's amazing to see the 3060 get scalped for the price of a new 2080 super from a few months ago. (Then again, low supply will do that.)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
For anyone looking for more than just a GPU, a pre-built machine might be a good way in.

I ended up buying this Skytech build when it went up last night.

Nowinstock tracks prebuilt machines for both the 3080 and 3090 and, honestly, it seems like they're coming in stock quite a bit more frequently than the individual cards, or at least they aren't being poached.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Nvidia has released official benchmark results of Cyberpunk 2077 running on their RTX 30 Series cards and their RTX 2080 Ti.

Cyberpunk-2077-Official-4K-Performance.png

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-rtx-dlss-quality-mode-2560x1440-performance.png

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-rtx-dlss-quality-mode-1920x1080-performance.png

Darkone

Finally was able to grab a card from a Newegg drop yesterday (EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING )
already Shipped and will get it on Sunday.

Last edited:

dave_d

Finally was able to grab a card from a Newegg drop yesterday (EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING )
already Shipped and will get it on Sunday.
Cool, makes me wonder if Newegg is the go to place for 30xx cards. Admittedly I don't like how even if I put in that I only want to see in stock cards it shows tons of out of stock cards. (Then again that probably makes it harder to find the actual in stock cards which is an advantage to the determined.)

Darkone

Cool, makes me wonder if Newegg is the go to place for 30xx cards. Admittedly I don't like how even if I put in that I only want to see in stock cards it shows tons of out of stock cards. (Then again that probably makes it harder to find the actual in stock cards which is an advantage to the determined.)

It was insane how fast it was gone, really got lucky.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Nvidia has released official benchmark results of Cyberpunk 2077 running on their RTX 30 Series cards and their RTX 2080 Ti.

Let's see how hard DLSS reduces the quality of the raytraced reflections. That's the deciding factor here. Because DLSS is used to have higher fps with raytracing, but when it makes raytracing significantly lower res without upscaling, why use it.

Dear God.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Ah man, if that 3080Ti drops in January... great!! I'll swap out my 3080 for it. Still in the return period thanks for holiday return policies.

Icylobster

Neo Member
I just want to know how it plays on a 3080 with high settings and RT reflections (4k).

Ultra is generally an optimization mess.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
YouTuber "jackfrags" is playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, as can be seen in the video at the end of this post. According to the following link, his PC's specifications are as follows:

1. Acer Predator XB271HU
2. Intel Core i9-9900K
3. Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
4. Gigabyte Aorus Gaming
5. Corsair Dominator
6. Intel Optane SSD 900P
7. Intel SSD 760P
8. Corsair Crystal 680X RGB

He's using the following settings:

IDY1s5F.jpg

xilbPtd.jpg

mEFWxDG.jpg

L7AxBET.jpg

His frame rate isn't displayed in the video, but you can infer from the footage that his experience is smooth. So, this bodes well for people with RTX 30 Series cards; those of us with RTX 3080s or RTX 3090s should be golden.

Last edited:
His frame rate isn't displayed in the video, but you can infer from the footage that his experience is smooth. So, this bodes well for people with RTX 30 Series cards; those of us with RTX 3080s or RTX 3090s should be golden.
Indeed. I think with DLSS we will be able to crank everything to Ultra (including RT) and sustain 50-60FPS. Perfect for VRR.

partime

I bought a 3090 from govgroup.com, never heard of them before and it's backordered a few weeks. Hopefully they won't send a pile of bricks, but it's nice not having to check stock anymore.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Indeed. I think with DLSS we will be able to crank everything to Ultra (including RT) and sustain 50-60FPS. Perfect for VRR.

I'm still curious about which DLSS setting he's using, because his settings have DLSS set to "Auto"; it's set to the 2nd of 6 bars, which may correspond to the following based on this article.

1. DLSS Off
2. DLSS Ultra Performance Mode
3. DLSS Performance Mode
4. DLSS Balanced Mode
5. DLSS Quality Mode
6. DLSS Ultra Quality Mode

So, he must be using the Ultra Performance Mode, which looks pretty good on my 55" 4K TV via a compressed YouTube video.

Last edited:
Can someone help me understand DLSS benchmarks? When they say 4k, but with DLSS enabled, what does that mean? Likewise, 1440p with it enabled? Does that mean they're achieving that approximate resolution, but their base resolution is lower, and if so, what is their base resolution? I've not had a card capable of DLSS in the past, so this will be my first experience with it.

Can someone help me understand DLSS benchmarks? When they say 4k, but with DLSS enabled, what does that mean? Likewise, 1440p with it enabled? Does that mean they're achieving that approximate resolution, but their base resolution is lower, and if so, what is their base resolution? I've not had a card capable of DLSS in the past, so this will be my first experience with it.
Quality DLSS means the native resolution is upscaled 2.25x (e.g., 1440p native -> 2160p)
Performance 4x (e.g., 1080p native -> 2160p)
Ultra performance 9x (e.g., 720p native -> 2160p)

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
YouTuber "jackfrags" is playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, as can be seen in the video at the end of this post. According to the following link, his PC's specifications are as follows:

1. Acer Predator XB271HU
2. Intel Core i9-9900K
4. Gigabyte Aorus Gaming
5. Corsair Dominator
6. Intel Optane SSD 900P
7. Intel SSD 760P

IDY1s5F.jpg

xilbPtd.jpg

mEFWxDG.jpg

L7AxBET.jpg

Looks like a generation above anything else honestly. RT on such an open scale game, even if it's not path tracing (some hybrid system), it's insane.

Now the wait for 3080...

If Geforce now supported Ultrawide, i would jump on that service.

CP2077 is going to cripple my computer, it seems. Guess I better get used to either lowered settings, running the game in a tiny box on my 4k display, and/or 30fps. Bummer.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

1. Acer Predator XB271HU
2. Intel Core i9-9900K
4. Gigabyte Aorus Gaming
5. Corsair Dominator
6. Intel Optane SSD 900P
7. Intel SSD 760P

IDY1s5F.jpg

xilbPtd.jpg

mEFWxDG.jpg

L7AxBET.jpg

I see they added Fidelity FX CAS. We will get to see DLSS vs that sharpening filter again.

1. Acer Predator XB271HU
2. Intel Core i9-9900K
4. Gigabyte Aorus Gaming
5. Corsair Dominator
6. Intel Optane SSD 900P
7. Intel SSD 760P

IDY1s5F.jpg

xilbPtd.jpg

mEFWxDG.jpg

L7AxBET.jpg

Admittedly, his video did look pretty smooth, but it seems to contradict many of the benchmarks going around, doesn't it? Also, is he using gsync? If so, does that translate to the recording or would we still expect stutters?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I think the 3080 will do just fine at 4k with a couple of settings turned down a notch, without any noticeable degradation in image quality.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Admittedly, his video did look pretty smooth, but it seems to contradict many of the benchmarks going around, doesn't it? Also, is he using gsync? If so, does that translate to the recording or would we still expect stutters?

He may have been using the release-date patch, which reportedly improves performance. As for G-Sync, it wouldn't be reflected in any screen recording; we'd still see stutters if there were any.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
How long do you guys think it's going to take for the RTX 3060 ti, 3070, and 3080 to get back down near MSRP prices?

dave_d

Honestly? It's really hard to say. Availability needs to improve a lot before prices will adjust. At the rate things are going, it'll likely be a while. =/
Pretty much this. I think I was reading NVidia is thinking at least until Feb/March of 2021 before their supply goes up. I'm very tempted to break down and take a trip to microcenter a week or two after Christmas and see if they have any stock.(But as I always say, Cambridge is a dump which makes me not want to take the trip.)

RedVIper

Banned
How long do you guys think it's going to take for the RTX 3060 ti, 3070, and 3080 to get back down near MSRP prices?

Whenever supply improves.

Right now it makes more sense to buy an used last generation card, a 2080 will go for like 400$ and it beats the 3060 ti which doesn't seem to be available for less than 500$

Last edited:

dave_d

Whenever supply improves.

Right now it makes more sense to buy an used last generation card, a 2080 will go for like 400$ and it beats the 3060 ti which doesn't seem to be available for less than 500$
Where do you buy them used? When I check on ebay these days the lack of all the 30xx series is driving up the price of the use cards too so I'm seeing bids in the 600-800 range. (Yes, pretty much econ 101.)

RedVIper

Banned
Where do you buy them used? When I check on ebay these days the lack of all the 30xx series is driving up the price of the use cards too so I'm seeing bids in the 600-800 range. (Yes, pretty much econ 101.)

Well I checked to ebay equivalent in my country. If not well you'll just have to wait. There seems to be supply issues for everyone atm

Bubba77

Really wanted a 3090 to play this game but havent been able to find one. Had no problem getting XSX and PS5 but the 3090 has been eluding me...

diffusionx

Gold Member

Nvidia claims that demand is off the charts, but based on the info we know, this was a paper launch and they're really not supplying anything. I was reading Plebbit and EVGA still hasn't gotten past mid-September in terms of their queue system. So it really comes down to when Nvidia can actually ship the damn GPUs out in sufficient quantity.

seems nvidia decided to ban Hardware unboxed/Techspot from receiving their FE cards. Because they continue to ignore ray tracing games from their testing.

While this move by nvidia is debatable, this covers what i myself have accused this website of doing - ignoring the main graphical advancement of the last decade by using ignorant stances that you would find on a forum like this, "the arent enough games, i dont care about ray tracing, i cant see the difference". This is some grade A bullshit and completely unprofessional. To let such a personal stance dictate a hardware coverage. Not to mention how they abruptely introduced 3 AMD sponsored games just as the 6800XT launched, which led them to be one of the very few websites portraying the geforce 3080 as losing in 1440p. Almost no other website in the world has that result.

At this point, i suspected this site of trying to push a certain narative. Cant say this move by nvidia is unwaranted. When you ignore the main features of the hardware you are sent to review constantly. Seems Gamers Nexus does the same

Ascend

seems nvidia decided to ban Hardware unboxed/Techspot from receiving their FE cards. Because they continue to ignore ray tracing games from their testing.

While this move by nvidia is debatable, this covers what i myself have accused this website of doing - ignoring the main graphical advancement of the last decade by using ignorant stances that you would find on a forum like this, "the arent enough games, i dont care about ray tracing, i cant see the difference". This is some grade A bullshit and completely unprofessional. To let such a personal stance dictate a hardware coverage. Not to mention how they abruptely introduced 3 AMD sponsored games just as the 6800XT launched, which led them to be one of the very few websites portraying the geforce 3080 as losing in 1440p. Almost no other website in the world has that result.

At this point, i suspected this site of trying to push a certain narative. Cant say this move by nvidia is unwaranted. When you ignore the main features of the hardware you are sent to review constantly. Seems Gamers Nexus does the same

So you're pro reviewers being censored if the company doesn't like their views or opinions....

No wonder the gaming space is turning to crap.

TheKratos

You get a free review copy but continue to gimp your review by omitting one of the main futures of the card (ray tracing). NVIDIA then says goodbye and you pull a surprisedpikachuface and cry on twitter.

Come on son.

Last edited:
So you're pro reviewers being censored if the company doesn't like their views or opinions....

No wonder the gaming space is turning to crap.

Why are you lying as well about what is happening ? They arent being censored for not saying "the correct" things. They are not being handed free stuff anymore because they are working against the company that gives them free stuff and are misrepresenting the results of the hardware. Its nothing complicated. I have pointed at this site specifically for the exact things. Many, many other people have as well. Its clear from the moon what HU has been doing for a long time. They're not some innocent victim here. I would not give my product as well to an outlet that skips its main selling point, and then proceeds to shit on it continuously, not only skipping it. In what way would that help me market my product ?

Ascend

Why are you lying as well about what is happening ? They arent being censored for not saying "the correct" things. They are not being handed free stuff anymore because they are working against the company that gives them free stuff and are misrepresenting the results of the hardware. Its nothing complicated. I have pointed at this site specifically for the exact things. Many, many other people have as well. Its clear from the moon what HU has been doing for a long time. They're not some innocent victim here. I would not give my product as well to an outlet that skips its main selling point, and then proceeds to shit on it continuously, not only skipping it. In what way would that help me market my product ?
Uhuh... Instead those cards will be going to 'influencers' that know nothing about hardware and will simply overhype it because they got it for free.

This is an excuse and nothing more. They did criticize the first DLSS, but have extensively covered DLSS 2.0 and said it is a great feature. Why doesn't that count for anything?
nVidia doesn't like party poopers that kill the artificial hype that they create, even if they are in the right.
But whatever. I couldn't have expected better from you anyway...

Leaving this here;

amigastar

Does anyone know what the regular price for the 3060ti will be in the near future? At the moment they cost around 530€ i thought they will go for about 399€, is this just a special situation at the moment?
Will they become cheaper soon?

Last edited:

dave_d

Does anyone know what the regular price for the 3060ti will be in the near future? At the moment they cost around 530€ i thought they will go for about 399€, is this just a special situation at the moment?
Will they become cheaper soon?
It's pretty much econ 101. There's high demand and low supply which is driving the price up.(This is affecting tons of stuff, Ryzen chips, 6800 GPUs, PS5 and XSX) The price will come down once the supply is better. I think Nvidia was claiming supply should normalize by Feb/March but who knows if that's true.

amigastar

It's pretty much econ 101. There's high demand and low supply which is driving the price up.(This is affecting tons of stuff, Ryzen chips, 6800 GPUs, PS5 and XSX) The price will come down once the supply is better. I think Nvidia was claiming supply should normalize by Feb/March but who knows if that's true.
OK, cool. Feb/March would be ideal since i want to upgrade in that timeframe.

dave_d

OK, cool. Feb/March would be ideal since i want to upgrade in that timeframe.
Admittedly who knows what will happen. That being said now there are reports on wccftech and videocardz that claim in the next couple of months they're releasing a ton of new cards. I'm hoping that Nvidia is going that route because they really do think the supply is going to pick up in the next month or two and that it makes sense for them to expand their offerings.(It'd be weird for them to do that if they can't supply the cards they've already got on the market.) Here's a couple of links

VideoCardz
Wccftech

Top Bottom