• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 50 graphics card family TDPs 'leaked' by Seasonic

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-com...-graphics-card-family-tdps-leaked-by-seasonic

Seasonic’s PSU wattage calculator has suddenly become surprisingly interesting. Twitter/X’s Everest today noticed the online tool has been updated with Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 50 family graphics cards. Specifically, this data may show the TDPs of the upcoming Blackwell architecture gaming cards from the RTX 5090 at the top, all the way down to an RTX 5050. Of course, the data used by Seasonic may or may not be accurate, but let’s have a look.

We have plucked the RTX 50 family TDP data from the Seasonic wattage calculator tool and tabulated it for your convenience. A comparison with the existing RTX 40 family is also provided. However, to get a grip on what we think will be the other key specifications of the RTX 50 family, and thus the changes / benefits they will deliver, please check out our extensive feature - Nvidia Blackwell and GeForce RTX 50-Series GPUs: Rumors, specifications, release dates, pricing, and everything we know.

Nvidia GeForceTDP (W)Nvidia GeForceTDP (W)
RTX 5090500RTX 4090450
RTX 5080350RTX 4080320
RTX 5070220RTX 4070200
RTX 5060170RTX 4060115
RTX 5050100RTX 4050Desktop N/A

If the above data is correct, it is interesting to see the largest generational uplift in TDP is going to be with the ’60 series GPU. Hopefully, this means Nvidia is addressing the common complaints that it faced due to the large performance and price gap between the RTX 4070 and 4060. Importantly, we should see the RTX 5060 return to a 12GB VRAM standard, too.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-com...-graphics-card-family-tdps-leaked-by-seasonic

Seasonic’s PSU wattage calculator has suddenly become surprisingly interesting. Twitter/X’s Everest today noticed the online tool has been updated with Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 50 family graphics cards. Specifically, this data may show the TDPs of the upcoming Blackwell architecture gaming cards from the RTX 5090 at the top, all the way down to an RTX 5050. Of course, the data used by Seasonic may or may not be accurate, but let’s have a look.

We have plucked the RTX 50 family TDP data from the Seasonic wattage calculator tool and tabulated it for your convenience. A comparison with the existing RTX 40 family is also provided. However, to get a grip on what we think will be the other key specifications of the RTX 50 family, and thus the changes / benefits they will deliver, please check out our extensive feature - Nvidia Blackwell and GeForce RTX 50-Series GPUs: Rumors, specifications, release dates, pricing, and everything we know.

Nvidia GeForceTDP (W)Nvidia GeForceTDP (W)
RTX 5090500RTX 4090450
RTX 5080350RTX 4080320
RTX 5070220RTX 4070200
RTX 5060170RTX 4060115
RTX 5050100RTX 4050Desktop N/A

If the above data is correct, it is interesting to see the largest generational uplift in TDP is going to be with the ’60 series GPU. Hopefully, this means Nvidia is addressing the common complaints that it faced due to the large performance and price gap between the RTX 4070 and 4060. Importantly, we should see the RTX 5060 return to a 12GB VRAM standard, too.
The 60 and 70 series really need to be much better this gen. Last gen the 60 and 70 were so godawful bad.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm guessing about $5 per watt this go around
Coupled with a 9000X3D

Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Ellery

This is surprising, but I imagine it is an actual error and those are like internal placeholder they already set up to later update.

The actual chance of them knowing so many cards' TDP in advance is extremely unlikely especially since some of those cards mentioned are probably well well into 2025. They are not releasing the entire range in 1-2 months.

Still interesting and we are getting closer

given that Nvidia probably has no interest in producing GPUs in noteworthy numbers as it would take production capability away from their much more profitable AI hardware I`m suspecting that the price uplift will make the TDP uplift look small.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
500 watts.. I plan to undervolt after doing a bit of research. 1200 watt psu should be just fine.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I wonder if we will see any cards this year or if everything is pushed into next year. Not like Nvidia has a lot of competition.

I am kind of scared to see those prices, lol.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Imma be skipping this generation.
With DLSS constantly improving and I dont think games are gonna get that much more demanding.
Im good.
Im good.

Wait for the RTX60s they will likely have some actually new features with them.

They releasing this year or no?

I am very curious what game Nvidia will use to promote the new cards. I’m guessing Wukong.

Nvidia havent even announced when their next GTC event will be......depending on its name youll have an idea whether they will announce the cards or not.
Too busy counting money to worry about this shit.
Remember Blackwell is being used both for their AI chips and for the consumer chips.
I dont think they are in any rush to start taking silicon away from Blackwell AI.

hinch7

They releasing this year or no?

I am very curious what game Nvidia will use to promote the new cards. I’m guessing Wukong.
No one knows. Its all on Nvidia. People do think the 5080 and 5090 will launch this year though.

I'm going to jump on that assuming stock it isn't sold out instantly. Probably will get a new PSU as well since my aging 750W G2 might not cut it.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Ok so the TDP for the 5060 seems to be the same as the last real "60" GPU, the 3060.

That means they won't sell the "50" series as a rebranded "60" like they did to this last generation.

That's good news. But i'm worried about the price and VRAM amount.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I'm sure you all can't wait to game at frame rates and resolutions inperceptible to the human eye on engines built for a PS5....
Nothing in this post makes sense. "Engines built for the PS5." You mean the in-house ones that represent an insignificant fraction of the total?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Think I need to start investing in Energy Companies! 500 Watts is crazy high for a GPU alone, we're crossing 800-1000 watts to game on High Ends now!
the Price is what I'm more interested in and will determine my future plans.

I lamely joked about needing a 3k Watt psu to run these beast in another thread, but with that aside I find problematic, to say the least, for every generation the power demand keeps increasing when it should be the other way around. what about the carbon footprint tech companies keep nagging about because of electricity generation? and their gigantic efforts to keep lowering such thing and still eco friendly because of climate change? I remember pc having around 200-300w psu

Last edited:
I lamely joked about needing a 3k Watt psu to run these beast in another thread, but with that aside I find problematic, to say the least, for every generation the power demand keeps increasing when it should be the other way around. what about the carbon footprint tech companies keep nagging about because of electricity generation? and their gigantic efforts to keep lowering such thing and still eco friendly because of climate change? I remember pc having around 200-300w psu
It's a really, really bad trend.

Newari

Wondering how these will scale with power. 4090 can get 90% of the default performance at 350W, sometimes even closer. I did some testing in cybepunk dogtown pathtracing and 350W undervolt had me at 62fps and 600W overclock (around 520W draw in test scenario) got 67fps. Over 100 wats for 5 frames...

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Nothing in this post makes sense. "Engines built for the PS5." You mean the in-house ones that represent an insignificant fraction of the total?
I meant most game engines are built to accommodate the lowest common denominator, so all you're really getting with these insane GFX cards is ever increasing frame rates @4k, I'm not seeing games built ground up to take insane advantage of these cards is what I'm saying

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Where's nvidias incentive to stop doing this shit though, phone it in every couple of years and people lap it up.

Shame amd aren't viable at the top end.

And doesnt look like they plan on targeting the top end anytime soon.
The xx90 is so far beyond they are literally Halo products.

The real fight is gonna be the midrange where we have to hope Intels Battlemage brings the heat so Nvidia starts realizing they need to make compelling midrangers.

AMD really just needs to launch their direct competing cards well under Nvidias price..........the upper echelon just leave it to Nvidia and call it a day.
Remember the 5700XT......that was AMDs range topper for that generation.....it fought against 2070s for 100....a whole 100 dollars less......they literally pressured Nvidia to make the Super series.

They need to do that again, but this time they have the advantage of having RT and FSR, itll make their 8700XT a truly truly better alternative to the 5070(ti)......if they can also make their 8900XT a much better deal than a 5080 (which shouldnt be hard based on leaks) then they should be golden, Nvidia can have the crown with the 5090 but at every other price point AMD and Intel should have a much better deal, not a slightly better deal, it should be much better.

100 dollars less for the competitor card and Nvidia will either do price drops or lose that market point (assuming consumers are smart).

jax63x74tj831.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom