• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

etta

my hard graphic balls
He said My Games & Apps would receive a new design on the Anniversary update? NICEEE
He said that they were working on the Store displaying the same item several times, and, when asked about the My Games and aapp section, he said they are working on that as well.
So hopefully that means for the summer update.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Rocket League crashed four times; not a crash with the buzz sound; it just closed. Something like this has never happened before. I think the new update is the problem here.

mike4001_

He said that they were working on the Store displaying the same item several times, and, when asked about the My Games and aapp section, he said they are working on that as well.
So hopefully that means for the summer update.

Well they for sure want to continue their monthly updates once the Anniversary update hits.

So I would not expect "everything" which has been teased now to be in the first update ;-)

They already announced/teased

* Cortana
* TV DVR
* Background Music
* New My games & Apps
* UWP
* Store merge with Windows 10

Chris1

Since one of the recent updates my Kinect started working again (used to always turn itself off). I hope it's fixed for good now (so far so good anyways, hopefully I don't jynx it), seems like whatever they changed under the hood might be related to Kinect/Cortana.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Since one of the recent updates my Kinect started working again (used to always turn itself off). I hope it's fixed for good now (so far so good anyways, hopefully I don't jynx it), seems like whatever they changed under the hood might be related to Kinect/Cortana.
My Kinect is having issues too, doesn't boot up alongside the console.

Looks like Xbox One games will get a side stripe similar to the side stripe for Xbox 360 games.

sqKv5Km.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4gkcpa/xbox_one_game_tiles_will_have_a_green_sidestripe/

mike4001_

Looks like Xbox One games will get a side stripe similar to the side stripe for Xbox 360 games.

I assume this is just a photoshop image.

I don´t think Major Nelson has uninstalled all of his games, just to show us the 4 GwG May titles.

Chris1

My Kinect is having issues too, doesn't boot up alongside the console.

Think you misread my post, whatever they changed fixed mine. It used to be broke and constantly turn itself off and not come back on for well over a year but for the past few days i've had no issues whatsoever with it.

Shame you're having the issues now :( Hopefully they push another update or whatever and fix yours aswell

etta

my hard graphic balls
Think you misread my post, whatever they changed fixed mine. It used to be broke and constantly turn itself off and not come back on for well over a year but for the past few days i've had no issues whatsoever with it.

Shame you're having the issues now :( Hopefully they push another update or whatever and fix yours aswell

Yea, I know, but I've seen others having issues with Kinect recently, so the Xbox team is probably tinkering with it and Cortana.

Chris1

Yea, I know, but I've seen others having issues with Kinect recently, so the Xbox team is probably tinkering with it and Cortana.

Oh right yeah, they must be doing something with Kinect if so many people are having changes with their Kinect

What version # is your Kinect on? Maybe it didn't update properly or something and is causing issues?

Settings > Kinect > Kinect
4.0.3916.0:7 here

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh right yeah, they must be doing something with Kinect if so many people are having changes with their Kinect

What version # is your Kinect on? Maybe it didn't update properly or something and is causing issues?

Settings > Kinect > Kinect
4.0.3916.0:7 here
Same version. It works if I unplug and replug it into the Xbox, but yea it just forgets to turn on alongside the console. Hopefully they fix it soon, I reported the issue two nights ago.

Chris1

Same version. It works if I unplug and replug it into the Xbox, but yea it just forgets to turn on alongside the console. Hopefully they fix it soon, I reported the issue two nights ago.
No idea then, I know from experience the Kinects have a ton of issues this gen so hopefully this big cortana update manages to fix it for everyone in the end. I'll feel bad if the update that fixed mine ends up messing with yours, because I have no intention of using it :(

Found a post on twitter from August 2015 that says the kinect version was 4.0.3912.0:7, so it's been updated sometime in the last 9 months for sure.

etta

my hard graphic balls
No idea then, I know from experience the Kinects have a ton of issues this gen so hopefully this big cortana update manages to fix it for everyone in the end. I'll feel bad if the update that fixed mine ends up messing with yours, because I have no intention of using it :(

Found a post on twitter from August 2015 that says the kinect version was 4.0.3912.0:7, so it's been updated sometime in the last 9 months for sure.
No worries lol, it's beta software, it happens.

I'm surprised people still use suspend/resume on Xbox. So inconsistent, glitchy and unreliable. I just rarely if ever bother anymore.

I haven't had many issues with it, but I jump around to multiple games so much that I almost never get to make use of it. I start up Destiny, The Division, and Doom at least once a day each, plus whatever else I'm messing around with. Plus with games like Destiny and The Division, since you're logged into their servers to play, suspend/resume doesn't work anyway.

mike4001_

I'm surprised people still use suspend/resume on Xbox. So inconsistent, glitchy and unreliable. I just rarely if ever bother anymore.

I have the problem that some games just don´t stay suspended.

But it differs from game to game.

Also sometimes if I use some apps in between my game is no longer running.

=> Just buggy sums it up.

Maybe the Anniversary update fixes things in this area.

Yo hold up!!!! This new update enabed use of my dolby atmos speakers.

Gotta test a dolby atmos bluray to be 100% sure but viewing info via my denon it shows those speakers in use.

Im hyped!!!
Ill report back on the bluray

Add me to the KINECT Issues Club but I've had issues with it for a few months now. If I do a hard reboot it turns on and works but after about 30-45 minutes I look up and it's off again.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I absolutely adore the Kinect functionality with the Xbox One and these last few months have been beyond frustrating. Only a portion of that frustration comes from my Kinect not working properly. Most of the frustration comes from not knowing if it's a hardware or software issue. I don't want to drop the $60+ to get it serviced and it do no good.

Anyone else having this issue? I had it before the latest preview update and then after the update it seemed ok again, but it isn't now.

What I'm talking about is when i go to the community tab and i play a video, whether it's by standing on it or selecting iy, it plays about 5 seconds of it and then stops, 5 seconds later it continues only to stop after about 5 seconds again and so on.

Used to be smooth and no problems. Anyone else have this too?

Depends on the game, rather than the feature in my experience. Games that don't require an online connection at all fare best (Quantum Break never failed me once), whereas ones that have some kind of online service tend to kick me out after long periods of inactivity. FIFA 16 is chief amongst them, works fine if you lose connection to EA's servers before suspending though.

Depends on the game, rather than the feature in my experience. Games that don't require an online connection at all fare best (Quantum Break never failed me once), whereas ones that have some kind of online service tend to kick me out after long periods of inactivity. FIFA 16 is chief amongst them, works fine if you lose connection to EA's servers before suspending though.

It's at the point where it, for all intents and purposes, the feature doesn't even exist anymore for me. 9/10 I try suspending something for an extended time, even with the console never once even going into standby, the game quits. One time I was browsing the store for like, 30 minutes and my game quit. And it was something like Life is Strange or something. And forget ever having something stay open after going into standby. I swear the only thing that doesn't quit/crash/whatever in standby is Destiny, which of course boots you to the title screen anyway, so it's not like it's helpful.

MCC used to open itself in standby though. I'd quit it, turn off the console, turn it on next day and there's the title screen. But of course MCC is MCC.

malfcn

Still no achievement unlocked after a whole month, every other one does though. I don't want to have to delete (and backup) things to try to unlock one that already says 100% complete.

I came here to ask if anyone else's Kinect wasn't turning on as well. I'm glad to see its not my Kinect dying, but I keep having to reconnect it frequently.

Chris1

After almost 2 weeks of my Kinect working perfectly, it's just started going wonky again and turning itself on and off :( Not as bad as it was before as it seems to actually stay on after the small reboot, but it's probably going to continue to get worse like it did before.

El_Chino

After almost 2 weeks of my Kinect working perfectly, it's just started going wonky again and turning itself on and off :( Not as bad as it was before as it seems to actually stay on after the small reboot, but it's probably going to continue to get worse like it did before.
Same here.

Netflix also bugs out a lot.

Anyone has problems with Skype like since 2 months ago?
Example: my friends create a group call. Today I can join that call. Tomorrow if them call me throught that, i don't even receive the call on xbox.

Anyone experienced that?
I went to preview forums and no one was talking about this. Maybe it's only me :(

Dang - the latest post about any update from Xbox was on April 21st. They must be hunkered down to get ready for the anniversary update that should launch in a month or so.

Still would like to see some news about preview members seeing it soon:p

Gamezone

Gold Member
Dang - the latest post about any update from Xbox was on April 21st. They must be hunkered down to get ready for the anniversary update that should launch in a month or so.

Didn`t they say at the end of this month?

arhra

I figure they must be getting ready to do something with the preview program, as I had this pop up the other day, despite never being a preview member or even asking for an invite:

Rogt2BT.jpg

Clicking on it took me to the store page for the preview dashboard app, which let me install it and enroll my console in the preview program.

Top Bottom