• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

I don't know if this is the thread to ask in but is there any chance a preview update could have factory reset my console? I turned on my Xbox for the first time in a month or so and got the "It's time to update" screen, then when I came back to it I had to go through another update and then had to put in my time zone and gamertag like I was doing an initial setup. When I finally got signed in my hard drive was totally blank.

JaggedSac

Thurrott is making it seem like DVR is coming soon. Makes sense because they announced it at last E3 and one would imagine they would release it before the next one.

https://www.thurrott.com/music-videos/65281/microsoft-now-testing-tv-dvr-for-xbox-one

A source very close to Microsoft tells me that the software giant is now internally testing TV DVR (digital video recording) functionality for Xbox One, meaning that customers will soon be able to record live TV shows from the console.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I don't know if this is the thread to ask in but is there any chance a preview update could have factory reset my console? I turned on my Xbox for the first time in a month or so and got the "It's time to update" screen, then when I came back to it I had to go through another update and then had to put in my time zone and gamertag like I was doing an initial setup. When I finally got signed in my hard drive was totally blank.
I believe there was a massive bug like this back in October last year, no idea why it happened to you just now.

Thurrott is making it seem like DVR is coming soon. Makes sense because they announced

Would be kind of cool. If it worked well I would probably drop my cable DVR and just use the One. But since the X1 doesn't have a tuner in it it will have to use the IR blaster to change the channels for recording purposes (not to mention not being able to record one thing and watch another) so I dunno. I think this would really only work well if you're one of the folks with the external tuner add-on.

Have you opted out of the preview program? I'm pretty sure that's what happens if you opt-out.

JaggedSac

Would be kind of cool. If it worked well I would probably drop my cable DVR and just use the One. But since the X1 doesn't have a tuner in it it will have to use the IR blaster to change the channels for recording purposes (not to mention not being able to record one thing and watch another) so I dunno. I think this would really only work well if you're one of the folks with the external tuner add-on.

Bear in mind this won't work with your cable box I don't think. Only the usb tuner that they sell for over the air signals.

Bear in mind this won't work with your cable box I don't think. Only the usb tuner that they sell for over the air signals.

Yeah, that's the conclusion that I was eventually coming to. So it wouldn't work at all for the HDMI-in port. I wonder what percentage of X1 users have the tuner?

JaggedSac

Yeah, that's the conclusion that I was eventually coming to. So it wouldn't work at all for the HDMI-in port. I wonder what percentage of X1 users have the tuner?

I imagine that the number of people who actually watch over the air stuff, have a Bone, and have their tuner, is quite low, lol. I'm genuinely surprised they even went through with this. Happy they did though.

mcrommert

Banned

I bet there a good amount...i cut the cord a long time ago but with a little antenna i can use the xbox to watch some live stuff. Unfortunately they can't legally do it off of hdmi...and also encoding would be tough

Even if it's low (I imagine it is), I think they are focused on building the feature set to support a full OTA TV experience on Xbox.

link1201

New update:
DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160311-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/14 (1:00AM GMT 15/3)

Fixes:

• Party Chat
Fixed an issue which caused navigating the party menu in the Guide to not correctly update the party state.
• Graphics
Additional fixes for graphics and DirectX.

New Feature:

• Feedback Notifications
You'll now periodically receive notifications asking you to rate certain experiences on Xbox One. These notifications, when acted upon, will launch a new lightweight app where you can supply a rating and optionally input text to further explain your score.

Too busy to give feedback when you get the notification? No problem! Just ignore the toast and you can access it under Notifications in the Guide when you’re ready. You’ll also find a new Setting for this feature under Preferences.

Feedback Notifications
You'll now periodically receive notifications asking you to rate certain experiences on Xbox One. These notifications, when acted upon, will launch a new lightweight app where you can supply a rating and optionally input text to further explain your score.

Got one about My Games & Apps just now. I gave it 4 out of 5 and said I want the ability to check for updates on one or all games, and the ability to see update info/patch details.

EDIT: Anyone else unable to stream to the Windows 10 app after tonight's update?

JaggedSac

Got one about My Games & Apps just now. I gave it 4 out of 5 and said I want the ability to check for updates on one or all games, and the ability to see update info/patch details.

EDIT: Anyone else unable to stream to the Windows 10 app after tonight's update?

4 out of 5? Come on man. That thing needs an overhaul.

PaleBlueDot79

Neo Member
Notifications are weird.

It shows achievements under social and achievements?

Yeah I noticed that too, it's a little odd.

Speaking of achievements, I'm still not sold on having achievements both as a snappable app and in the guide. It seems a little "bi-polar". Does anyone know the voice command for bringing up achievements in the guide? Personally I'm happy with just having the snappable app, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle there.

Yeah I noticed that too, it's a little odd.

Speaking of achievements, I'm still not sold on having achievements both as a snappable app and in the guide. It seems a little "bi-polar". Does anyone know the voice command for bringing up achievements in the guide? Personally I'm happy with just having the snappable app, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle there.

Let it stay in the guide and has snap. I prefer the guide because i don't play with anything snaped, never, but some people does, so it's the best of both worlds.

LowSignal

Let it stay in the guide and has snap. I prefer the guide because i don't play with anything snaped, never, but some people does, so it's the best of both worlds.

having both is good, i use the snap achivement app when I have to kill X of something and want to know how much longer i have to go.

It looks like the achievement date issue that has been around since November has been fixed in the social app. The achievement dates used to be aligned to GMT no matter which timezone you were in, but are now showing correctly for the first time.

gossi

ozprime

New update:

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160317-1900

Available: 6:00PM PDT 3/18 (1:00AM GMT 19/3)

Fixes:

Feedback Notifications:

This build contains fixes for the localized text in the new Feedback Notifications.

Achievements Leaderboard:

The Achievements Leaderboard should now display the correct progress and status when opened.

Sign In:

This build contains a fix to address an issue in which the console is connected to Xbox Live but the dashboard displays offline content or games prompt to connect to Xbox Live.

Party Chat:

This build contains a fix to address an issue in which some users experienced frequent party chat disconnects or party chat failed to initiate.

The ring around the squawker icon in the party chat menu should now always match your dashboard color choice.

Guide:

This build contains a fix to address an issue in which certain options in the Guide would not be selectable.

When unlocking secret achievements, gamerscore earned from those achievements should no longer display as “--" in the Guide.

explorer

Any word on being able to delete achievements yet? This is the last "rollback" I have been waiting for since the NXOE update. :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Any word on being able to delete achievements yet? This is the last "rollback" I have been waiting for since the NXOE update. :)
They haven't said anything about it that I know.
Apparently I can't pin new shortcuts to my home page.
Where are you trying to do it from, the ready to install list? It doesn't work from there and hasn't since February.

Alx

Where are you trying to do it from, the ready to install list? It doesn't work from there and hasn't since February.

From the marketplace, mostly. I was trying to pin a shortcut to Quantum Break in case I decide to (pre)order it. Also Watch Dogs from the sales page. I'm also getting it when trying to ad shortcuts from my games and apps (I tried to pin Sacred Citadel)
I guess the issue is automatically reported since I'm getting a system error, but maybe I'll report it manually too.

My xbox sometimes doesn't actually start up...it turns on, doesn't make the usual boot sounds, pad flashes like it isn't connected to anything, kinect doesn't power on...have to hard reset to try again.

It's on power saver mode too so, boo?

You know, i really wish they would add support for HDMI audio output for native bitstream.

Can't even have my true codec read by my reciever. it's just multi-chan when i have it as 7.1 uncompressed.

DD Atmos blu-rays feeling sad right now :(

mcrommert

Banned
I just realized something...if you are streaming xbox to pc...your download speed for games and system updates starts approaching zero. Its crazy until you see it...from 70-80 mbit to 3

Sordid

I just realized something...if you are streaming xbox to pc...your download speed for games and system updates starts approaching zero. Its crazy until you see it...from 70-80 mbit to 3

I've noticed this too, I thought my router was at fault. Sucks but I'm glad it isn't just me :D

malfcn

CONFIRMED: Buying games for 360 on XB1 is a web portal as I and others suspected.

I clicked buy on my XB1 and got the "Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened." page commonly found on Xbox.com

Kind of funny to see, actually.
If I didn't have IE/edge installed I wonder if that error would work.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does anybody know if you leave the program, can you rejoin or are you out for good? Can you rejoin via the app or do you have to be re-invited by a friend?

etta

my hard graphic balls
My Battlefront pin keeps unpinning itself that little fucker.
And how is it that we have had no news on the April update yet? It's like a month late lol, we should be getting May update info around now.

My Battlefront pin keeps unpinning itself that little fucker.
And how is it that we have had no news on the April update yet? It's like a month late lol, we should be getting May update info around now.

Right around the latest public update, I started having issues with pins. I would move them or add pins, and they would reset. Nothing I changed would stick. So I removed them all, did a hard reset, then added my pins again. I didn't have any issues after that.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Right around the latest public update, I started having issues with pins. I would move them or add pins, and they would reset. Nothing I changed would stick. So I removed them all, did a hard reset, then added my pins again. I didn't have any issues after that.
Hmm, I did a hard reset but did not unpin everything beforehand, I'll give that a try.

Top Bottom