• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

Feels like it's been a while since we've had an update. That response tweet indicates there'll be another update before the Anniversary one though?

mike4001_

Feels like it's been a while since we've had an update. That response tweet indicates there'll be another update before the Anniversary one though?

They will probably give us the anniversay update without new features to test nothing got broken with all the background changes.

Once the E3 annoucement is through they can quickly add new features.

That's cool. So a preview update two-three weeks prior to the e3 date depending on which wave you are in .

I fully expect a video on the new Windows 10 update for xbox one at e3. Showcasing Cortana and these 'gaming features'.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Had two massive lock ups this evening in quick succession.

First was on boot up, set to instant on but got green Xbox One logo with the 3 white dots, booted into a black screen and nothing so powered off again.

Second boot up, got into my game this time (Rise of Tomb Raider) wanted to quit to dash, pressed guide button, dash locked up and eventually another black screen.

PaulLFC

Having a weird issue with Live and I'm not sure if it's related to the preview or not.

My console is only showing the "Home" tab and no others. To the left of the large last used app tile there's a vertical one which just says "Connect to Xbox Live". Clicking this does absolutely nothing, it doesn't even bring up any sort of menu.

The strange thing is, if I press left to open the guide, I can see online friends, messages, etc - so the guide is acting as if I'm online, yet the dash won't show any of the store pages or activity.

I've tried reconnecting to WiFi through settings, and it says all is good with the connection, but the dash is still stuck in the same state. I've also tried a console restart, and then a hard reset - nothing has fixed it so far. Xbox.com isn't reporting any issues with Live currently.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I had it once before and it fixed itself after the next update - since the next update is the end of May, I hope there's another way to sort it.

naitosan

New update for April 18. Here's some details:

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160414-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 4/18 (1:00AM GMT 19/4)

Fixes:

Users with consoles set to ja-JP should now be able to purchase Avatar items.
• Miscellaneous
Additional miscellaneous fixes and improvements.

gossi

Worth noting MS sometimes sneaks out behind the scenes changes to preview members without announcing. eg Backwards Compat was already rolled out to Preview before the E3 announcement and nobody knew.

LUXURY

WHY do these updates get to like 70 percent then CRAWL?! It happens each time. I'm literally waiting here at 81% and it does a megabyte every maybe 30 seconds. I don't get it. Is it technically done downloading and starting to apply it, or is it just fucking slow.

WHY do these updates get to like 70 percent then CRAWL?! It happens each time. I'm literally waiting here at 81% and it does a megabyte every maybe 30 seconds. I don't get it. Is it technically done downloading and starting to apply it, or is it just fucking slow.

Let me present you the Xbox one!

Yeah, it combines download/installing into a single meter, so when you see it slow down it's probably largely installing.

Or just keep your Xbox in instant-on and never wait for an os update.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Since doing a factory reset, the preview app is gone from my "ready to install" list. I spoke to support and they said it will take some time for the app to re-appear while it checks eligibility. I hope it'll be back well before E3 in time for the new features.

Yeah, it combines download/installing into a single meter, so when you see it slow down it's probably largely installing.

No it doesn't. It downloads then reboots then you see an Installing Update screen. So the download screen is not also installing.

mike4001_

Not exactly installing but ...

The download finishes around the 70% mark. Although it displays it wrong.

Look into your router menu when you can see the current download speed there. It downloads the complete update from 0 to 70%. From 71% on the download speed shows 0

The rest is probably just unpacking the image which can take its time on these cheap 2,5" notebook HDD´s ;-)

No it doesn't. It downloads then reboots then you see an Installing Update screen. So the download screen is not also installing.

Not exactly installing but ...

The download finishes around the 70% mark. Although it displays it wrong.

Look into your router menu when you can see the current download speed there. It downloads the complete update from 0 to 70%. From 71% on the download speed shows 0

The rest is probably just unpacking the image which can take its time on these cheap 2,5" notebook HDD´s ;-)

Ahh, k thanks for clearing that up. Shows how little I've seen the OS update screens.

naitosan

New update for April 21 is now available.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160418-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 4/21 (1:00AM GMT 22/4)

Fixes:

• Just Dance 2015 / 2016
Resolved an issue with compatibility between Just Dance 2015 and Just Dance 2016.
• Miscellaneous
Additional miscellaneous fixes and improvements.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Starting to get hyped for the summer update. I hope they can get a Spotify Windows 10/Xbox app for background music.

Lima

Starting to get hyped for the summer update. I hope they can get a Spotify Windows 10/Xbox app for background music.

With all this time they had and their comments about getting background music right they better have every damn music app available for background music. That means all available ones and of course Spotify now that the one year exclusive deal with Sony is up.

etta

my hard graphic balls
With all this time they had and their comments about getting background music right they better have every damn music app available for background music. That means all available ones and of course Spotify now that the one year exclusive deal with Sony is up.
It was just a one-year deal? I was unaware of the duration.
Nice, then. Makes it very likely it will be on Xbox, then.

Hmmm more and more updates in quick succession. Wonder if this will continue until the big preview update comes for us.
I doubt it. They've done similar small bug fix updates when they've had a few months in-between normal monthly updates in the past. In the past it culminated in just a bug fix update to the public.
Developers of those music services are responsible for developing their apps for the platform if they wish. MSFT will surely reach out to companies with those services to encourage them to develop, but they certainly can't force them to develop or to have them out the launch of the UWP platform on Xbox.

Bobnob

I'm not in the preveiw program but my notifications have stopped working, any idea's ??? checked my settings etc

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm not in the preveiw program but my notifications have stopped working, any idea's ??? checked my settings etc
Clear-cache-reset by holding the power button for 10 seconds and waiting another 20 before booting it back up.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Another new update, goddamn. Three in three days, now?

DETAILS OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160420-1900
HOW TO GET IT •If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

•NOTE:Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update. •If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by1:00AM PDT 4/24/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160420-1900. Available: 6:00PM PDT 4/22 (1:00AM GMT 23/4) Fixes: •Miscellaneous: Additional miscellaneous fixes and improvements.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just got it as well. Can't wait for anniversary update, never know we might get it sooner than expected.

Nah, it's gonna be 2 months of behind-the-scenes implementations and fixes, and at E3 they'll announce that the update will go live in July, and in July they announce that it will be July 31st fffuuuuuuuu

Nah, it's gonna be 2 months of behind-the-scenes implementations and fixes, and at E3 they'll announce that the update will go live in July, and in July they announce that it will be July 31st fffuuuuuuuu

Mike Ybarra has said on Twitter late May/early June is the current target for it to go into the preview program.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Mike Ybarra has said on Twitter late May/early June is the current target for it to go into the preview program.
Oh, nice. He said My Games and Apps and the Store will receive some design changes, I wonder if any other UI components will receive the same hmmmmm.

Top Bottom