• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

Wow, they pushed back the second Redstone release to July next year? That seems a bit much. How often is winbeta correct?

"Spring", not July

Wouldn't surprise me is this is the beginning of moving updates to be a little more evenly spaced throughout the year than doing Summer and Fall like Threshold.

m23

Anyone getting quick black outs on their screen since the last update?

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same issue. Although it's happening to me no matter what I'm doing, playing a game or watching a blu ray, I'll occasionally get a black screen for like 2 seconds.

The option to put "radial" in the accessories app for the elite controller what it does?

I found a couple Reddit posts suggesting that maybe it changes the stick from standard X,Y values, to measure distance from center, which would prevent diagonal movements from being slower than horizontal/vertical.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/48z82n/the_issue_with_the_curve_settings_for_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/48perw/elite_controller_firmware_update/

Disabling "radial" doesn't seem to re-introduce the slowed diagonals though. (check the first reddit link for video and GIF examples from before and after this update)

New build going out in 10 minutes:

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160304-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/6 (1:00AM GMT 3/8)

Fixes:
1.Green Screen issues when watching Video:1.Fixed an issue which green screens could appear in some video applications.

2.Intermittent flickering Black screens:1.Fixed an issue in which black screens would appear, in games, apps or when navigating the dashboard

New Features in this Build:
1.Purchase Xbox 360 Backward compatible games: Games today will be discover-able via Game hubs and Activity feed and over the next 24 hours the Store programming will be live for a full end to end purchasing experience.
2.The Achievements snap app is no longer in the build - please use the guide experience to view your achievement's progress

When can we delete zero XB1 games from our tag list..
Man, let me delete any games/achievements. I want to clean up my list between trials for bad XBLA games glitching and popping achievements and from someone gaining unauthorized access to my account and playing Fifa :/

Whoa at no more achievements app.

I'm confused. They are removing the ability to snap achievements? Or something?

Yeah they removed the ability to snap achievements. I even had the app pinned and now it just brings me to a store page. Don't like how there is no way to view progress in real time without having to open the guide each time.

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same issue. Although it's happening to me no matter what I'm doing, playing a game or watching a blu ray, I'll occasionally get a black screen for like 2 seconds.
This happened to me-powered down the console by holding the button on the console itself. Never happened again after that.

RedToad64

Yeah they removed the ability to snap achievements. I even had the app pinned and now it just brings me to a store page. Don't like how there is no way to view progress in real time without having to open the guide each time.
What an unusual step backwards.

malfcn

The removal of snapping is odd. Maybe something else is planned.

"Bought" the title Supreme Commander 2. Works smooth. It's like they made a browser pop up for purchase.

Theorry

Or maybe they removed it to see what the response is and see if there is indeed less used.
And then maybe bring it back if most people dont like it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I found a couple Reddit posts suggesting that maybe it changes the stick from standard X,Y values, to measure distance from center, which would prevent diagonal movements from being slower than horizontal/vertical.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/48z82n/the_issue_with_the_curve_settings_for_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/48perw/elite_controller_firmware_update/

Disabling "radial" doesn't seem to re-introduce the slowed diagonals though. (check the first reddit link for video and GIF examples from before and after this update)

Thanks for the links.

Alx

The backward compatible section on the store is showing up now.

It works fine. Too bad you have to push a specific button to display the price of the game. I guess it's one of those things that are difficult to handle when merging two different marketplaces, but the price is a big factor in my decision of "wanting to know more", especially for older games.

Chris1

It works fine. Too bad you have to push a specific button to display the price of the game. I guess it's one of those things that are difficult to handle when merging two different marketplaces, but the price is a big factor in my decision of "wanting to know more", especially for older games.

Yeah not a fan of that. I don't like how I can't press B to back out of the confirmation/price screen either, what if the system is lagging or I mess up somehow and accidentally buy it? Would feel a lot safer if I could just press B to back out of it.

Chris1

The latest quest tells you to buy the chatpad straight from the home screen upper right tile but it didn't appear for me (it was the TR season pass instead), anyone else have this problem?

Wasn't going to buy it anyways and rated my experience 1 star but there was nothing in the questions about it not appearing.

Theorry

Or maybe they removed it to see what the response is and see if there is indeed less used.
And then maybe bring it back if most people dont like it.

Well...

"Mike Ybarra ‏@XboxQwik
Based on your valuable feedback, the snap achievement app will return soon and not be removed. Thanks! #Xbox"

Just got a Twitch update - now streams show a black screen and the previous workaround of snapping something to force the video to show up, doesn't work. Maybe it's the world's way of telling me to watch less pro MKX players.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
New update:
HOW TO GET IT

•If your console is in Instant-On mode and you were selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

•NOTE: Once the update is available to you (today a majority of Preview users will receive this update but a small group will not), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.

•If your console has been selected to receive the update and hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 3/11/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160306-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/9 (1:00AM GMT 10/3)

New Features:
• Achievements Snap App
Good news! The Achievements Snap app is coming back starting next week. We really appreciate the tons of feedback you’ve given us on removing the app. This situation is exactly what the Preview forum is for. When we make changes, we need your feedback on them before we send them out to the world. Thanks for helping make Xbox great! You can find more information here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1603/f/5601/t/2133805.aspx

• Factory reset and keep games and apps
A new feature is now available for all of Preview which allows you to factory reset your console while keeping games and apps installed on your internal hard drive. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Console info & updates > Reset console, and select Reset and keep my games & apps.

New Quest:
• Xbox Chatpad Deal
Give us feedback on purchasing Xbox One accessories from the dashboard in this new Quest accessible from the Xbox Preview Dashboard.

Controller Firmware Update:
• Xbox One Elite Controller
The Xbox One Elite Controller received a firmware update at the beginning of 1603. This update enables configuration of thumbstick sensitivity curves in the Xbox Accessories app.

why would anyone want to snap the app when it's right there in the guide?

Because you can have the app in snap mode and you can look for achievements of other games.

Alx

why would anyone want to snap the app when it's right there in the guide?

Using the guide makes you lose the focus on your gaming session, you can't check it and keep playing at the same time.
For grind achievements like "counter 100 times" or "kill 50 goats with a headshot" it's better to see the bars fill in real time while you play. Of course that's mostly true for achievement hunting moments, when you're actively trying to unlock one.

It's nice that they reacted to the feedback. Hope they'd do the same when people asked for Kinect gestures to come back.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Thats really old

Yes from december i think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 11: New update available for Preview (th2_xb_rel_1603.160308-1900)

HOW TO GET IT

•If your console is in Instant-On mode and you were selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

•NOTE: Once the update is available to you (today a majority of Preview users will receive this update but a small group will not), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.

•If your console has been selected to receive the update and hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 3/13/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160308-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/11 (1:00AM GMT 12/3)

Fixes:
• Graphics
Miscellaneous fixes for graphics and DirectX.

Top Bottom