• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT gets Trump's 1995 tax documents, might have avoided taxes for two decades

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

As much as I cannot stand Trump, this is nothing. It is legal.

I disagree. It's certainly not nothing. Trumps supporters and the so called Independents are always getting on Hillary about her perception, how she comes across as shady and not likable

This certainly doesn't make Trump look good when he's trying to put out an entirely different image of himself out there that differs from reality.

If things like this are a strike against Hillary they should be a strike against Trump. Not to his supporters obviously, but to the people on the fence at this point for whatever reason.

It's nothing in that it's not a scandal or anything like that sure. Well it will end up being nothing I guess. Even though it shouldn't.

giga

Ctuc1J7UEAAntzq.jpg

Even if it does get taken down, it's now always going to exist on the internet.

As much as I cannot stand Trump, this is nothing. It is legal.
Sure, but it's a further blow to his "smart businessman" presentation, and Americans at large are going to find it gross that the system works this way for people who set fire to a billion dollars.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's legal, but it's not nothing.

Half of his campaign has been about how awesome a businessman he is, and that's one of the main reasons people are voting for him (other than being racists).

He has been bankrupt several times. This will change no opinions in that respect.

Still though. Who can support a president who hasn't supported his country in 20 years?

Eh, he'll just say he provided jobs.

It's definitely something, as in hopefully something that steals the headlines as much as possible going in to the next debate.

Ah, now this is a good point.

But really, who is the NYT's source that would have access to his returns? A former accountant? Attorney? Seems insane but Trump has no small list of enemies.

Who knows but if I were Trump, I'd be deeply worried about further leaks of his tax returns. There's only 21 more years to ago...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ctuc1J7UEAAntzq.jpg

Litigation over the tax returns is the best way to make sure everyone knows about it, lol.

LiK

Ctuc1J7UEAAntzq.jpg

yea, good luck with that. it's out there now and good luck looking for the informant.

Trump was the one encouraging more email hacks. his turn to get hacked by his own people lol.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The tax thing wasn't really about him doing anything illegal (though this being Trump, that would surprise no one), but rather just to show how little he paid in taxes, which he claimed last week that it makes him smart while also claiming that he never said that.

Either way, this should bring about some more hilarity.

Bleepey

Holy shit. South Park is right. The Douche wants out.

Haha. Can you imagine it, the dude is like:

I will make fun of veterans
Swear like a sailor
Make fun of the disabled
Make fun of dead veterans
Say racist shit about Mexicans
Asians
Black people
Lie, lie again some more
Leak nude pictures of his wife
Insinuate assassinating his opponent
Yet people still want to vote for him. He must be baffled as fuck.

thefro

The tax thing wasn't really about him doing anything illegal (though this being Trump, that would surprise no one), but rather just to show how little he paid in taxes, which he claimed last week that it makes him smart while also claiming that he never said that.

Either way, this should bring about some more hilarity.

Eh, his whole tax documents would also show 1) his business dealings with some unsavory actors & 2) the fact that he isn't worth nearly as much as he claims to be.

Griegite

still a junior
But really, who is the NYT's source that would have access to his returns? A former accountant? Attorney? Seems insane but Trump has no small list of enemies.

Well, the envelope's return Address was Trump Tower. Someone must have gone rogue!

Sydle

Legal or not, I think how he dodged is something Clinton needs to highlight. I've heard from several people who are still undecided mention that Trump is a good business man. If they become aware of his massive failures, on top of everything else, then the undecided should continue to lean towards Clinton.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Who cares if it's legal? Everything that Hillary did was legal too. And somehow RNC slogan was "Lock her up"

But that's my point. It isn't going to change anyone's mind.

jayhawker

I don't think this is particularly shady. There's nothing unethical about not paying taxes you don't have to pay. Any NOL that large is going to get heavily, heavily scrutinized by the IRS. If it checked out, it checked out, and he got to apply the losses against his gains for the next 15 years. He's a bad person for plenty of other reasons, but this isn't one of them.

Some of you guys are in here acting like just because everyone knows Trump is bigoted/racist, that a tape coming out with him saying word nigger is no big deal. These returns are verifiable proof of something.

He's made his tax returns the holy grail of journalism by refusing to release them.

I don't think this is particularly shady. There's nothing unethical about not paying taxes you don't have to pay. Any NOL that large is going to get heavily, heavily scrutinized by the IRS. If it checked out, it checked out, and he got to apply the losses against his gains for the next 15 years. He's a bad person for plenty of other reasons, but this isn't one of them.

It's par for the course for a sleazebag real estate developer.

It's very shady for someone looking to become the leader of the free world.

But that's my point. It isn't going to change anyone's mind.
If idiots that really think that Trump was successful businessman think about this for more that 20 seconds they might... It's actually big deal and should have an impact if not on election than on his image of being successful.

jayhawker

It's par for the course for a sleazebag real estate developer.

It's very shady for someone looking to become the leader of the free world.

What is shady about it? Should I not take the child tax credit because I'm comfortable enough to not need it? Am I a bad person for taking it?

The Llama

Well, the envelope's return Address was Trump Tower. Someone must have gone rogue!

Maybe I'm a moron, but can't you list the return address as anything? Just as likely someone put Trump Tower as the return address as a joke. I think you can tell what post office something was postmarked at from the stamp though, so I guess they could definitely verify if it was sent from the correct post office for Trump Tower.

rjinaz

Haha. Can you imagine it, the dude is like:

I will make fun of veterans
Swear like a sailor
Make fun of the disabled
Make fun of dead veterans
Say racist shit about Mexicans
Asians
Black people
Lie, lie again some more
Leak nude pictures of his wife
Insinuate assassinating his opponent
Yet people still want to vote for him. He must be baffled as fuck.

Lmao. I don't actually believe it because that anger he has isn't fake, but it is fun to imagine because it would actually explain the insanity. Trump sitting behind his desk, pulling his hair asking "what do I have to do next before these idiots will stop supporting me?"

JCizzle

What is shady about it? Should I not take the child tax credit because I'm comfortable enough to not need it? Am I a bad person for taking it?

There's nothing shady about it. It's just a bad look when the man's claim to fame is being a great businessman and always winning.

Plinko

If idiots that really think that Trump was successful businessman think about this for more that 20 seconds they might... It's axtuya big deal and should have an impact if not on election than on his image of being successful.

Have you read that article about the people voting for him? You think anything will change their minds, let alone this?

Have you read that article about the people voting for him? You think anything will change their minds, let alone this?

That article doesn't apply to the 50 million+ that will vote for him. This idea that Trump is indestructible is really strange as his poll numbers tank everytime he gets into a crisis.

stupei

Man has the nerve to talk about his vision for how the federal budget should be spent when he hasn't contributed to it in two decades.

Two whole decades.

I'm so numb to it all that I don't think this will even do anything :(
I'm ready for this election to be over with. I'm so tired of Trump and his lies. People are still voting for him after all of this is really sad. He's getting away with so many illegal activities that it's disheartening to know that he is still electable to the most powerful position in the US. We should be ashamed as a country to allow this man to be in this position.

rjinaz

For whatever reason, there actually are people on the fence this election at this point. I don't understand it.

Nothing at this point is about convincing Trump or Hillary supporters of anything.

Is this the kind of thing that will get people on the fence to favor Hillary? I don't know. I kind of doubt it, but maybe some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom