• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

It is a ban--on people from the 7 countries. Not seeing how it is something to focus on.

Most administration officials have avoided using word "the ban" and trying to steer everyone away from using it. President to call spade a spade after all is note worthy.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
vUI5eEv.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/826060143825666051

This incompetent guy who poses as POTUS doesn't even know his own country's immigration process. I don't think any regular person managed to get a US entry visa in one week. I never heard of one.

Sasie

http://www.usemb.se/

The Swedish embassy is telling people with dual citizenships to get lost now. Newspapers are reporting that dual citizens will not be able to enter America and their own website is telling them not to book appointments or show up if they already have one, they won't be let into the Embassy.

Seems like Trump just made things complicated for all your ambassadors around the world.

The Women's March was the first protest I've gone to in my 33 years. I also just set up a monthly donation to the ACLU. Fuck Trump and anyone that supports his ridiculous agenda.

RDreamer

Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto
Just in: Israel seeking clarity on #TrumpTravelBan - 145,000 Jews born in 7 countries listed in EO incl 54,000 in Iraq & 45,000 in Iran

Blizzard

Banned
With still no contempt of court attempts or rulings that I'm aware of regarding border patrol defying federal court orders, does this mean the judicial side's bluff has already been called and they backed down?

Or is it still in the works?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
With still no contempt of court attempts or rulings that I'm aware of regarding border patrol defying federal court orders, does this mean the judicial side's bluff has already been called and they backed down?

Or is it still in the works?
One would assume so.
Looks like the executive is in full control.

Looks like the executive is in full control.

Remember that the wheels of justice are slow. This mess has been caused by the reckless speed of implementation of the order. You don't want a reckless judicial response -- and that means we need to keep the (peaceful) pressure on while the legal process continues.

Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto
Just in: Israel seeking clarity on #TrumpTravelBan - 145,000 Jews born in 7 countries listed in EO incl 54,000 in Iraq & 45,000 in Iran

Wow, they are directly responsible for giving American right wingers a template on how to be apartheid asshats.

That was immediately apparent no one with any sense or bit of decency would have signed off on it. This is was directly from his nazi pals right to his desk. He's using every excuse he can bullshit out instead of owning up that he doesn't know wtf he is doing. Our country is not one of his sweat shops were he can just pass down rules it's a bit more complicated than that.

Surfinn

Fucking insane

It's incredible how the right called Obama a king (because how dare he force schools to have healthy lunches, etc.) and Trump is literally acting like a king, deliberately going over the heads of his own administration's departments

So much blatant hypocrisy. And don't forget the whole "Obama's just a celebrity with no experience". Fucking lol.

Kard8p3

Should have called him out on the spot. Because he just spewed bullshit to an entire class.

I pointed him to an article I have on my phone but he hand waved it away.

Someone teaching a course about obeying rules and authority is usually going to be an authoritarian.

It's even funnier (or sadder) because that class (I'm in 5 of his classes fml) was his ethics class.

Is it too late to drop the course?

Well criminal justice is my major and he's the only one who teaches it, so sadly yes.

ask him where he gets his news from

I'm sure one can guess...

I should point out he's a retired LEO. Here are some other great quotes

"I truly believe there is a war on police. "
"if you protest against the police you should have to waive all rights to be helped by them."

Barzul

I pointed him to an article I have on my phone but he hand waved it away.

It's even funnier (or sadder) because that class (I'm in 5 of his classes fml) was his ethics class.

Well criminal justice is my major and he's the only one who teaches it, so sadly yes.

You should challenge him to prove it next time. He'd have to do it in court so why not here?

darkwing

I'm wondering about something, if you are a green card holder , and you stay out of the country long enough (because of the ban), is there a chance for you to lose your green card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom