• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

fDmMq6t.png

https://twitter.com/AltStateDpt/status/826119976201359361

gfxtwin

Again, at what point will the non-corrupt powers that be in this country to do something somewhat undemoctratic (fucking off a candidate that won a presidential election along with his sdministration) to protect democracy? What is keeping Trump and his administration in office? Some documents written generations ago with a quill pen by old white slave owners? Everyone who isn't completely heartless knows that Trump has the temperament of a dictator. And he is in the process of proving that it wasn't just an act, like that time he campaigned and we all laughed at his antics. There is literally a bigoted dictator in office and how the fuck is he still in there?

That's not how government works. There's supposed to be a process

That's the point. A lot of Trump voters hate the process of government and want their agenda done right now. Drudge gets it of course but the everyday Trump voter I would guess don't even realize that they are advocating for blowing up our democracy and replacing it with fascism. They have been fed lies about Obama making edicts and Democrats shoving laws down their throat so they just think it's their turn now and that Dems and liberals are being hypocrites.

jiggle

wait, so a green card holder can stay out of the US indefinitely and not worry about the ban?

You are required to stay in the US a certain amount of time, every year, to keep your green card

Edit:looks like you can't be away longer than than 6 months

MilkBeard

Someone make a new thread. Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson announced a new lawsuit against the Trump Administration:

He's live now.

Seattle represent!
EDIT: I don't know how to link the video, it's streaming on facebook.

Began another Spring Semester today at Grossmont College, a community college with a high number of Muslim students and residents. There was less traffic today, and many students and staff not present today.

We all got this email in the morning:

Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto
Just in: Israel seeking clarity on #TrumpTravelBan - 145,000 Jews born in 7 countries listed in EO incl 54,000 in Iraq & 45,000 in Iran
Fuck the Israelis. They get what they deserve.
Stupid question, but what am I supposed to be looking at here? Just the fact that protestors are outside Trump tower?
Just that it looks like something right out of a dystopian cyberpunk story. Doesn't mean much on its own, but it's an unpleasant piece of imagery.

Linkura

He's going to ask McConnel nicely to please delay things. Pretty Pls cherry on top.

Nothing is this article's account of the interview shows the Schumer will be able to stop anything.

He does not say he is going to rescind unanimous consent.

Yeah I don't trust Schumer to do anything meaningful.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm also in the crowd that Pence would be better than nothing if Trump could somehow be impeached, despite any flaws he may have.

That said, Pence hasn't given ANY public statements about policies the last week besides to that one group, correct? I'm wondering whether he actually agrees with everything, is just being political, or is biding his time.

darkwing

You are required to stay in the US a certain amount of time, every year, to keep your green card

Edit:looks like you can't be away longer than than 6 months

so if you were out of the country for 4 months, but the ban is 3 months, you are out of the green card?

Biske

Maybe they should have elected a better leader?

Lol seriously. The man and his team have no fucking clue or will to govern.

I know we all said "but Mike Pence" and I'm sure a lot of folks were banking on that, but seems he and folks like him with at all a clue are being cut the fuck out.

so if you were out of the country for 4 months, but the ban is 3 months, you are out of the green card?

I suspect more and more unforeseen consequences like this because of how rushed and not thought out this EO was. Trumpies and Republicans will keep acting like all the confusion is "just how it works" instead of them being incompetent.

Just started. Talking about the attack in Canada. "See? This is why our president takes preventive actions", I saw it coming, using it to validate their stupid ban.

Cringeworthy to see him fiddle with all those papers. Someone get that man Powerpoint.

Edit: Oh, he actually had that to the right? Why not focus on that instead of playing with papers?

BigAT

So I guess a question I don't know the answer to because it's one I've never even had to think about theoretically, but who is responsible for enforcement if the executive outright refuses and ignores a judicial order?

Do they have an inferiority complex? They keep comparing their stuff with Obama's. They're acting like kids, "but, but, but, he did the same thing!!".

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
does the dumb potus know it was an xenophobic act?
Wait, did Spicer use an attack where Muslims are the victims to justify Trump's Muslim ban?

How does this work? Surely he can't mean that they're banning Muslims for their own protection against our white supremacists.... though fuck, maybe they should at this point. >_<

darkwing

So I guess a question I don't know the answer to because it's one I've never even had to think about theoretically, but who is responsible for enforcement if the executive outright refuses and ignores a judicial order?

that is a frightening question, I would guess it would be up to the local government units then

gutshot

US Marshals, I believe.

Blizzard

Banned
U.S. marshals are the law enforcement arm of the judicial branch and I assume would be the first approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom