• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

This is what happens when you base decisions on fear.

"Had to take away people's rights because people can be bad! Something could happen you know!"

Literally could be applied to any right or anyone.

this is frightening, I'd take Frank Underwood as president any day

Or Chauncey Gardener

Ron Steigler: Mr. Gardner, uh, my editors and I have been wondering if you would consider writing a book for us, something about your um, political philosophy, what do you say?
Chance the Gardener: I can't write.
Ron Steigler: Heh, heh, of course not, who can nowadays? Listen, I have trouble writing a postcard to my children. Look uhh, we can give you a six figure advance, I'll provide you with the very best ghost-writer, proof-readers...
Chance the Gardener: I can't read.
Ron Steigler: Of course you can't! No one has the time! We, we glance at things, we watch television...
Chance the Gardener: I like to watch TV.
Ron Steigler: Oh, oh, oh sure you do. No one reads!

Future

Is he mentally Something , I mean this is unbelievable!! But not a lot of things making sense this week.

If anything it's extremely believable. He was the one saying "there is something going on" for months. If you believed that then you have natural fear from anyone Arabic and must do what it takes to save the country.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
vUI5eEv.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/826060143825666051

EGM1966

GTFO! This bullshit angle! So naive and simplistic it'll appeal directly to his supporters even though it's obviously rubbish and a flimsy argument that falls apart under any scrutiny.

• No they haven't been trying to get in already - of course not
  • yes they're immediately jump on a plane if they knew security was being implemented instead of, y'know, flying in anytime in last four years when apparently they could stroll right it

JHC - the audacity of this guy and his party at the moment to put forward the most puerile and inane of arguments for policy that is causing global disruption politically and affecting many, many innocent people.

All to look like he's fulfilling election promises.

All Western countries have probably hit similar problems at some time or other but hell US you've really got into some deep quicksand here and need to get out of it asap.

Is he channelling Hulk Hogan racism? "Well let me tell ya somethin' brothers, there's some bad dudes trying to sneak into this country, dude. I am real American, man, I bleed the reds, the blues and especially the whites, brother!"

Simmins

The crazy thing I find about this is that in the span of less than two weeks we have seen how the actions of one man (or a couple in the right place) can make such a monumental shift that the full effects of this are probably not going to be felt for another couple of months to a year. I'm afraid that there are some Muslims that have probably started down the path to radicalization because of Trumps actions. I only hope that the protests continue to show how united we are as a people and this can give hope to those who are on edge and show how resolute we are in opposition to this man and his dangerous policies.

WSJ has a great story today on how this stupid order is damaging our relationship with Iraq. A couple of key paragraphs:

Commanders who are leading the offensive on Mosul have asked why Iraq has been singled out even though it has partnered with the U.S. while “Saudi Arabia and other states perceived as terrorism exporters were not,” the memo said.

One of the top generals in the fight against Islamic State had been planning a trip to the U.S. in early February to see family but “now appears to be stuck in Iraq,” the memo says. The general had been living in the U.S. under a sanctuary visa since last year after he received multiple death threats for his military service. But Mr. Abadi asked him to return to Iraq to help lead the fight against Islamic State, according to the memo.

“His work alongside the U.S.-led coalition and U.S. Special Operations Forces in the fight against ISIS has contributed in a major way toward the accomplishment of vital U.S. national interests,” the memo says.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ban-could-hurt-u-s-iraqi-ties-diplomats-say-1485713137

Did she blame Hillary or Obama? Its all they do when backed into a corner.

She questioned why protestors didn't protest when the military being was killed in the war? I have no clue what she was saying. When she heard the questions she looked like a deer in headlights, then pivoted to something completely unrelated.

I do believe they were afraid of a rush..
.. a rush of un-bad people prior to the door being shut

They were too mean spirited to put up with watching that unfold. Not even the people with tickets should cheat the signature.
That attention to detail, how very SS.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 50s50 seconds ago
More
Where was all the outrage from Democrats and the opposition party (the media) when our jobs were fleeing our country?

I'm sorry.. But The GOP would prevent democrats from controlling the "free market"

chadskin

The 357 in WSJ's number includes people that were not detained.

Yes, they weren't detained because they didn't reach the US in the first place, so 109 isn't the full extend of those immediately affected by the travel ban. And the number is just from Saturday.

Pastry

Banned
Is this a breakdown or something?

He's pivoting to jobs lol. I thought it was the Mexicans that were stealing our jobs tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom