• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Hey guys, its his first week on the job why don't you give him a chance. I think you are being overcritical.

If I hear that from a single family member or friend again, I'm gonna have to slap ya.

This is how fascism happens. Just wait, hold on still, a little longer, oh shit, why didn't anybody tell me this would happen, not my fault.

mid83

OMG, my wife is in Canada on a trip to visit her family. They wouldn't refuse her visa on her way back to the US would they? I mean, she's legit. OMG, I will lose my shit if she's not able to come back.

If she has a passport from one of the banned countries then she may be stuck for now.

And just think, what many consider one of our worst modern Presidents, George W Bush, was in a mosque directly after 9/11 telling the world how Muslims were our brothers and sisters and we had to unite.

What a total fucking farce the Republican party has become

Maedre

Banned
I hope every country on Earth bans Americans to make Trump swallow his small-handed pride and recant.

so this dumbass starts to cry and launches some nukes because every other country on this planet is mean to him (beside the UK)?

Nah at this point there is a baby who can ruin everything good that happened after 1945. He is the most dangerous person on planet and the people of the US shoud start with removing him from this position. The damage that he made in just one fucking week is more than enough that every person intelligent enough to breath should now se that he is a threat.

If only the native americans could have banned those terrorist europeans from coming, stealing their land, pushing them west, genociding them with muskets and smallpox, and then having the devilry to proclaim their deaths as "God clearing the way for his chosen people"

RDreamer

1941 Suess cartoon criticizing America's stance on Jewish refugees:
z94PKCH.jpg

I don't understand yall outrage. He literally promised a "ban on Muslims" during the election campaign. He is doing 100% of what he promised.

Yall have ears to listen what politicians say during the campaign.
Yall have eyes to watch the debates/ rallies.
Yall have legs to go to election booths on the election day.
And yall have hands to cast down your vote.

You know exactly what America was buying when Americans voted Trump.

Why did you elect him? WHY?!?

I'm from Europe BTW.

BobLoblaw

Banned
This shit is so fucking infuriating. 99% of every goddamn person in the US is an immigrant or a descendant of immigrants. Read the fucking plaque on the Statue of Liberty you right-wing fucks. All this is doing is making the US look heartless. It's embarrassing and disrespectful and all it's going to do is feed propaganda against the US and lay the foundation for future terrorist attacks.

I don't understand yall outrage. He literally promised a "ban on Muslims" during the election campaign. He is doing 100% of what he promised.

I'm from Europe BTW.
Almost 3 million more people voted against him than for him. Our stupid fucking election process allowed this embarrassment into the White House. The same thing happened with George W Bush.

Mahonay

Banned
And just think, what many consider one of our worst modern Presidents, George W Bush, was in a mosque directly after 9/11 telling the world how Muslims were our brothers and sisters and we had to unite.

What a total fucking farce the Republican party has become
Bush may have been sympathetic, but the men puppeteering him certainly weren't. His administration did a huge amount of harm to Muslims and contributed to the reason we're here in the first place.

OMG, my wife is in Canada on a trip to visit her family. They wouldn't refuse her visa on her way back to the US would they? I mean, she's legit. OMG, I will lose my shit if she's not able to come back.

Where is she from? If she's from one of the seven countries listed, she likely will be denied re-entry.

I'm from Europe BTW.

Majority of Americans didn't vote for him. It's a quirk in our electoral system.

KHarvey16

I'm from Europe BTW.

How many of the people unhappy in this thread do you think voted for him? Just a rough estimate would be fine.

rjinaz

I'm from Europe BTW.

You're not wrong. But the people in here didn't vote for Trump. Well, I would guess there are few that did it for the lolz but most here didn't.

As an American, I hate this country and under Obama I loved it. Took a damn week to turn it into a fascist white supremisist nightmare.

Mahonay

Banned

I'm from Europe BTW.
He lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

NeoGAF is largely liberal and anti-Trump. Stop saying yall.

npm0925

I'm from Europe BTW.

I didn't vote for for him and neither did the majority of voters.

kirblar

I'm from Europe BTW.
Because our stupid Electoral College overweights racist white rural people.

I'm from Europe BTW.
Only about a quarter of Americans voted for Trump, that's why.

I'm from Europe BTW.

The people complaining are on the whole not people who voted for him. The ones who stayed home and are only crying out now fucking infuriate me though, even in the states that 'don't matter'.

Though I am really hoping stories from Military guys might help some of the more patriot republicans wake the fuck up.

Someone in a Facebook post I made about this story tried to give the ol' "Hillary getting into office would totally have been just as horrible in different ways!". I deleted the post and let people know why.

I can't believe people's insistence on their own delusion. Like WTF!

Bush may have been sympathetic, but the men puppeteering him certainly weren't. His administration did a huge amount of harm to Muslims and contributed to the reason we're here in the first place.

No doubt, Bush's biggest problem is well he wasn't the smartest guy and surrounded himself with really fucked up people. Bush was just way too much of a pushover.

I'm just more making a statement that Bush at least tried to spread a good message at times. I'm not excusing his presidency but Bush in comparison to Trump is like a ray of sunshine, which is absolutely crazy.

Lo-Volt

How kneejerk, reflexive, doctrinaire, discriminatory, and counterproductive.

All that has to happen now is one disaffected Muslim kid finally losing his faith in us, and hearing the whispers of ISIS or a domestic radical in a state of despair. We risk driving so many people to the enemy because of stuff like this, and we will risk the benefits of our global friendships long after the fever passes.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Is she from the list of countries cited? If that is the case, they could. Some visa's have been cancelled.

I'm from Europe BTW.

I didn't vote for the motherfucker. And I also wasn't there when our country's founders decided to create an election system that allows people who don't have the majority of the public's support to win.

Xando

Only about a quarter of Americans voted for Trump, that's why.

And a little less than half of Americans were not bothered enough to vote against him.

There should be daily protest in every city of the country but people are not worried enough until it's them

mid83

I'm from Europe BTW.

This is the frustration I've had for well over a year in a half now. I've been telling the Trump supporters I know for well over a year in a half now all the warning signs. They either didn't care, thought he wasn't being literal, or actually agreed with him. It's been pretty frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom