• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to be nice to family back in South Carolina because my sister is getting married in three weeks so we're going to be down there, but I'd had enough today when my uncle posted on the story, "He isn't the first president to do this." I informed him that I didn't need a history lesson from someone that voted for a fascist.

Good, challenge them. Its important.

Regardless, I will and can not in good conscience promote this kind of behavior.

For sure :).

Coffinhal

Just like at any moment his run for the Republican nomination will implode. Just like how his campaign for the presidency will implode. We need to drop this assumption at any moment it's going to implode because it still hasn't and he's sitting in the White House right now because people keep thinking there's no way this can happen. We need to start thinking 8 years is a given at this point and what are people going to do to stop that from happening.

Being pessimistic and believing that because he's POTUS he will stay 8 years and that nothing will happen to him is the worst rhetoric you could have and a logic that doesn't work.

Now his acts have worldwide effects, it's not just words without conséquences (even if some of his words had conséquences during the campaign or transition).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
US is so fucked up right now. I guess making America great means going back to the America who denied entry to Anne Frank and a lot of other refugees who ended up in concentration camps.

Any decent European should delay any plans about visiting US as long as this Nazi regime is in place.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
fvqVYdp.jpg

CvRktCW.jpg

Protest outside of JFK.

RinsFury

I've been trying to be nice to family back in South Carolina because my sister is getting married in three weeks so we're going to be down there, but I'd had enough today when my uncle posted on the story, "He isn't the first president to do this." I informed him that I didn't need a history lesson from someone that voted for a fascist.

I've had to recently block and delete more than a few friends and family members for insensitive comments made in support of that orange shitbag. It's emotionally draining to have those near and dear to you be brainwashed by this fascist propaganda, I just can't deal with that right now. Maybe the bridges can be mended in four years when he's gone, maybe not.

Sad days to be an American. Not only was the will of the voter ignored, but as a whole we are being led in a direction that more than half are extremely opposed to. This is a divide our nation may not recover from. Eight days in.

mhi

Funny thing is, in today's climate the majority of the people angry at this won't be at the polls when it's time to elect new governors or congressional seats. They will have forgotten and their attention on the latest meme in the news.

What a time to be alive.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
i hope every country in the world responds by declining US citizens entry into and out of their countries until this is lifted. And yes this would personally affect me as my wife and kids, sister in law and brother in law and my parents are all going to belize in march.

Coffinhal

i hope every country in the world responds by declining US citizens entry into and out of their countries until this is lifted. And yes this would personally affect me as my wife and kids, sister in law and brother in law and my parents are all going to belize in march.

Escalation is not the best option in my opinion, given the nature and sense of power of the @realDonaldTrump

Funny thing is, in today's climate the majority of the people angry at this won't be at the polls when it's time to elect new governors or congressional seats. They will have forgotten and their attention on the latest meme in the news.

My ass will be doing everything it takes. I didn't really get into politics until Trump being a possibility so I'm still learning a lot, but he's rubbed me the wrong day since day 1 and it got me to finally register to vote. I hadn't before and that's on me, but he's so fucking vile and it's transparent to me the damage he's going to do that I absolutely feel a responsibility to participate.

I'm not going to forget shit. In fact, I may keep a personal list of these daily happenings.

US is so fucked up right now. I guess making America great means going back to the America who denied entry to Anne Frank and a lot of other refugees who ended up in concentration camps.

Any decent European should delay any plans about visiting US as long as this Nazi regime is in place.

Yesterday was International Holocaust Remembrance Day and Trump chose that time to sign this latest executive order. He also neglected to mention Jews in his Holocaust remembrance speech.

So it all kinda fits.

I know you have very good intentions but we are all (most of us at least) on the same side of this issue and that is an incredible depressing picture we'd best do without.

Live from the protest @ JFK: https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/videos/10155054797241336/

yes its fox news...and yes, some of the comments are frightening
ly stupid
...but its still a live feed from the protest

Fox News actually tends to have pretty solid live coverage.

Being pessimistic and believing that because he's POTUS he will stay 8 years and that nothing will happen to him is the worst rhetoric you could have and a logic that doesn't work.

Now his acts have worldwide effects, it's not just words without conséquences (even if some of his words had conséquences during the campaign or transition).
No, assuming he's not going to last or he'll implode makes people complacent because they assume it's going to end soon. That's why so many people are in disbelief after each milestone he makes. We need to stop that and assume he is going to have 8 years unless people actively do something about it. The worst rhetoric is what I said; assuming he won't last and that's what a lot of people are doing.

Coffinhal

No, assuming he's not going to last or he'll implode makes people complacent because they assume it's going to end soon. That's why so many people are in disbelief after each milestone he makes. We need to stop that and assume he is going to have 8 years unless people actively do something about it. The worst rhetoric is what I said; assuming he won't last and that's what a lot of people are doing.

Those are two equally bad rhetorics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom