• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

Goddamn just read atleast 90k germans are banned from the US because they have iranian roots

America pls this is ridiculous

Boke1879

Only a matter of time until Trump demands that everything from newspapers to messageboards get scrubbed for anything that badmouths him.

Tha tiny-handed orange-skinned worthless ratfuck of a puppet whose skin is thinner than the paper bags he can't negotiate out of.

From December 2015, but no doubt we should pay attention.

Donald Trump wants to 'close up' the Internet

In a speech at the U.S.S. Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, on Monday, Trump referenced the use by ISIS of social media as a recruitment tool. He recommended a discussion with Bill Gates to shut off parts of the Internet.

"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet," Trump said. "We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/08/technology/donald-trump-internet/

Maedre

Banned
SYrfowu.png

on point!

I told all of you that Trump is going to ruin this country & relationships with other countries/regions. I fuckin' told y'all.
No time for this gloating about you and everyone else who voted against him about someone being a complete and utter disaster for the world. Stuff makes no sense. Let's try to concentrate our efforts towards asserting ourselves as the true majority.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You know what really burns my ass? I was just scrolling through my FB and for some reason the algorithm happened to show me the handful of people who were deliriously pro-Trump during the election.

Today, as shit is going down? They're posting status about cute puppies and silly comics about their workplace. FUCK YOU.

Maedre

Banned
Almost half the country wants this...

To want something and to do something is the difference here!

Where are the millions of americans that go on the street and demonstrate? WHERE? God Damnit. All I see are words but no actions.

Scirrocco

This got me so fucking hyped. I want to take to the street tonight. I'm so fired up.

We CANNOT let these atrocities occur.

Me too. But ve never really been to political before. How do you find out about where protests are happening? I live in Austin,so there's definitely going to be something soon near me but I can't find anything.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I can't even keep up with all this shit...

1. Detaining immigrants, including some who have had greencards for 2 decades +
2. Allegations of being a Russian asset, substantiated by extensive history with Russia.
3. Reckless executive orders including, pipelines, walls, etc.
4. Basically fucking diplomatic relationship with rest of the world in the ass.
5. Giving his business to his kids and hundreds of conflicts of interest
6. Presidential Cabinet from hell
7. Abortion funding cuts
8. "Alternative Facts"
9. Bitch-fighting with the president of Mexico on Twitter.
10. Being a baby about "voter fraud"
11. removal of climate change website

this is the first week, and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff

I feel like I'm watching the United States melt before my eyes

Shame on you, America. Utter shame and disgrace.

Do not shame. Raise your indignation, but realize the majority do not agree with these decisions. Scream your anger, but use it to rally the protest against these unjust decisions to placate people against each other. Realize that the only way to fight this right now is to organize and protest. Support the masses who will stand against injustice.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Do not shame. Raise your indignation, but realize the majority do not agree with these decisions. Scream your anger, but use it to rally the protest against these unjust decisions to placate people against each other. Realize that the only way to fight this right now is to organize and protest. Support the masses who will stand against injustice.

While we are busy protesting, the government is busy tearing apart our liberties. They are making a new reality and we are just being swept along, trying desperately to keep up.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You know what really burns my ass? I was just scrolling through my FB and for some reason the algorithm happened to show me the handful of people who were deliriously pro-Trump during the election.

Today, as shit is going down? They're posting status about cute puppies and silly comics about their workplace. FUCK YOU.

Trump supporters are steadily growing quieter as they are increasingly exposed as the, at best, utterly ignorant and useless, or at worst, hateful and racist, people they truly are.

Syriel

He's a British citizen so I wouldn't think so.

Is he a dual national?

It also applies to people who originally hail from those countries but are traveling on a passport issued by any other nation, the statement notes. That means Iraqis seeking to enter the U.S. on a British passport, for instance, will be barred, according to a U.S. official. British citizens don’t normally require a visa to enter the U.S.

“Travelers who have nationality or dual nationality of one of these countries will not be permitted for 90 days to enter the United States or be issued an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa,” the statement said. “Those nationals or dual nationals holding valid immigrant or nonimmigrant visas will not be permitted to enter the United States during this period. Visa interviews will generally not be scheduled for nationals of these countries during this period.”

The dual-citizenship ban doesn’t apply to U.S. citizens who are also citizens of the seven nations singled out by Mr. Trump.

Source:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-v...-nationality-state-department-says-1485628654

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom