• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, assuming he's not going to last or he'll implode makes people complacent because they assume it's going to end soon.

While I can't make a prediction, action and expectation of collapse are not mutually exclusive. I'm sure a great many people protest/apply pressure under the belief that an overwhelming negative reaction will cause a meltdown. Whether or not that's true, it is a reason to keep at it.

Oh its a great message, don't get me wrong. Just perhaps not for this thread, though maybe i'm speaking too much for my person as i've just been a bit battered today with everything.

Anyone who's had eyes on this administration can only be exhausted. But never forget that at the end of the sword is the tip.

Nodnol

What the fuck is going on. I know we all kinda expected this, but I think we all kinda thought that whilst he may talk the talk, the puppet-masters wouldn't let him do whatever he wants....not to this extreme anyway.

This is a dark fucking day, and I'm disgusted that our PM hasn't condemned the actions of Trump. Utterly bewildering.

Well if you mean democrat voters, many of them don't care because they prefer their sense of false peace to standing up and disrupting their life to fight for what's right.

If you mean democrat politicians, they're basically spineless.
Spineless is generous. They really don't give a fuck about anything of it's not election season.

SYrfowu.png

Ihyll

So does the ban also include Muslim green card holders? If it does then that's very fucking unconstitutional and needs to be challenged in court ASAP

LakeEarth

What the fuck is going on. I know we all kinda expected this, but I think we all kinda thought that whilst he may talk the talk, the puppet-masters wouldn't let him do whatever he wants....not to this extreme anyway.

This is a dark fucking day, and I'm disgusted that our PM hasn't condemned the actions of Trump. Utterly bewildering.
Trump is the ultimate evidence that there is no such thing as the Illuminati. No sign of anyone controlling his idiot ass.

sangreal

I turned on CNN and all they were talking about is how Trump could've communicated better. I checked Fox and they were talking about some meeting Trump had with union leaders

So does the ban also include Muslim green card holders? If it does then that's very fucking unconstitutional and needs to be challenged in court ASAP

Ah the same court where Trump will pick Ted Cruz or some other rightwing lunatic to give it a clear Republican majority?

I've had to recently block and delete more than a few friends and family members for insensitive comments made in support of that orange shitbag. It's emotionally draining to have those near and dear to you be brainwashed by this fascist propaganda, I just can't deal with that right now. Maybe the bridges can be mended in four years when he's gone, maybe not.

Ain't no mending the bridge with anyone that I knew that supported Trump. Same with anyone who supports a pedo touching kids and thinks that's a good idea too. Nope nope nope. The only way these people will learn is if they are made examples of. There needs to be permanent consequences to their actions.

8 years of whining that Obama has no regard for the constitution and after a week in office he does something far more blatantly unconstitutional than anything that Obama ever even considered doing

He better stack SCOTUS with the right justices because I don't see how this would ever be judged as objectively constitutional

whipihguh

Banned
That orange bag of shit is gonna rip this country apart. Barring an impending impeachment (and maybe not even that if Bannon's still around), I don't see any other outcome to this madness that won't end badly.

This executive order and it's results are nothing short of an embarrassment, not only to the nation, but to the very foundation that it was built upon. Best of luck to everyone out protesting and fighting back. I wish I could do the same, but I'm not in the position to do that now. I'll be calling my reps to voice my outrage.

This needs to end.

Boke1879

Even today's phone calls aren't getting coverage.

I don't know what people expect of the media.

Don Lemon was on last night and one of his guests was arguing against normalizing the shit the administration is doing.

Don immediately jump on him saying something like "Well he's the president whether you like it or not and he's doing exactly what he said he'd do."

PowderedToast

Real talk

I dont think hes getting impeached. He also wont change his mind.

We're stuck with him for 4 years, and his party will keep spinning plates. And protests while nice, wont change anything. Because in the end people will just take a different route to work or stay at home to ignore it. Welcome to the 21st century. Technology and social media has changed the name of the game, and Trump played it better during the election and is still playing it better.
Including you?
Fuck this sentiment

RangerX

Banned
This really is the loudest alarm bell so far of facist America. Stay safe US muslims. All decent Americans need to get out,organise and protest this horrible administration.

”The United States is extremely lucky that no honest, charismatic figure has arisen," Chomsky went on. ”Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself, like McCarthy or Nixon or the evangelist preachers. If somebody comes along who is charismatic and honest this country is in real trouble because of the frustration, disillusionment, the justified anger and the absence of any coherent response. What are people supposed to think if someone says ‘I have got an answer, we have an enemy'? There it was the Jews. Here it will be the illegal immigrants and the blacks. We will be told that white males are a persecuted minority. We will be told we have to defend ourselves and the honor of the nation. Military force will be exalted. People will be beaten up. This could become an overwhelming force. And if it happens it will be more dangerous than Germany. The United States is the world power. Germany was powerful but had more powerful antagonists. I don't think all this is very far away. If the polls are accurate it is not the Republicans but the right-wing Republicans, the crazed Republicans, who will sweep the next election."

”I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime," Chomsky added. ”I am old enough to remember the 1930s. My whole family was unemployed. There were far more desperate conditions than today. But it was hopeful. People had hope. The CIO was organizing. No one wants to say it anymore but the Communist Party was the spearhead for labor and civil rights organizing. Even things like giving my unemployed seamstress aunt a week in the country. It was a life. There is nothing like that now. The mood of the country is frightening. The level of anger, frustration and hatred of institutions is not organized in a constructive way. It is going off into self-destructive fantasies."
- Noam Chomsky, in an interview with truthdig, 2010.

In a follow interview from December, Chomsky clarifies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB54XxbgI0E

zashga

I'm amazed at how witless Trump's Muslim ban ended up being. Including immigrants and refugees who already have visas or green cards is so much worse than I ever thought even he would try. And all of this from an executive order, without even bothering to ram a bill through our spineless congress. It's idiocy so advanced that it's indistinguishable from evil.

America is the new North Korea.

Only a matter of time until Trump demands that everything from newspapers to messageboards get scrubbed for anything that badmouths him.

That tiny-handed worthless ratfuck of a puppet whose skin is thinner than the paper bags he can't negotiate out of.

Maybe. We'll never know because half the country can't be bothered to get involved one way or the other.

Shameful.

unless you live in like new york or calfornia, if you didn't vote you that basically means you're okay with a trump presidency.

none of this is any secret or shocking. he ran on it for over a year. if that wasnt enough motivation to vote against him then that means you agree with him

RPGCrazied

igorvolsky ‏@igorvolsky

These top GOPers argued that a #MuslimBan would be dangerous & counterproductive. Now they're mostly silent.

Yep. Of course they would. They only say stuff like that to get elected then once in power 0 fucks are given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom