• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

ABC News Politics ‏@ABCPolitics 7m7 minutes ago

.@GovernorVA (note: Terry McAulliffe, Dem) instructs state's Attorney General "to look at all avenues" to help anybody detained at Dulles under new immigration order.
Good to see this. (Local races matter, VA-GOV is up next year.)

mjp2417

Banned
I hate to say it, and I hope I don't get banned, but I just have a bad feeling ISIS is going to mobilize something because this ban falls right into their mandate.

They won today. :(

There's nothing controversial about this sentiment. People monitoring terrorist networks noted that ISIS was absolutely jubilant with the election results in November. This is the best recruitment tool imaginable.

TheMan

There's nothing controversial about this sentiment. People monitoring terrorist networks noted that ISIS was absolutely jubilant with the election results in November. This is the best recruitment tool imaginable.

All they need is one more attack and trump will use that to justify his ban and expand upon it.

This really is just the beginning of a massive shift

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
There's no way he doesn't get impeached, right?

Dude is straight up actin' a fool.

The GOP is doing nothing... Listen

rJWHCe.gif

Tahnit

Banned
He will not be impeached by a GOP Congress. Nixon had a Dem Congress. Clinton a GOP one.

With this much backlash? Its a possibility. This will really hurt the GOP for midterms if they allow this to happen. People will not vote for representatives that did nothing to combat this tyranny.

I bet there are meetings right now on what they can do to get rid of him. This is too random, and he isnt following the chain of command.

TheMan

There's no way he doesn't get impeached, right?

Dude is straight up actin' a fool.

Isn't this what he said he'd do on the campaign trail? We have a liberal echo chamber on GAF, but remember that half of voting Americans wanted this ! Also, GOP kicked ass in downballot races. He's not getting impeached.

NimbusD

Actually heading to JFK right now to protest. I've had enough of this shit. Can't sit back and just hope donations and voting every couple years is enough.

Gutek

With this much backlash? Its a possibility. This will really hurt the GOP for midterms if they allow this to happen. People will not vote for representatives that did nothing to combat this tyranny.

I bet there are meetings right now on what they can do to get rid of him. This is too random, and he isnt following the chain of command.

There are meetings, alright. Celebrations you might call them. What you're seeing is every republican's wet dream.

The problem for Trump is that he and is team are operating as if they have some kind of overwhelming mandate coming out of the election, rather than understanding that they scraped by and lost the popular vote, thus are dealing with an incredibly divided country and, in large part, hates his guts. He and the people surrounding him are delusional if they think they can push their bullshit this early and this often and not get tremendous blowback.

There is no division but people stupid enough, bigoted enough, or potentially profiting from it enough to march to his Idiocracy beat.

The thing that scares me is this won't destroy him early enough, reinvigorates hate crimes, and/or that it's more Darkness for other even nastier stuff.

Sasse also said he was against Trump's tariff idea, so I guess there's at least some modicum of rational thought going on there.

Like I said he's actually broken rank a few times already over this first week. Guess it doesn't mean much, but hey there it is.

BITCH HOW AM I GONNA KNOW THAT, AM I FROM THE FUTURE :p

Loudninja

Isn't this what he said he'd do on the campaign trail? We have a liberal echo chamber on GAF, but remember that half of voting Americans wanted this ! Also, GOP kicked ass in downballot races. He's not getting impeached.
Saying and doing are different things here.

It does not mean he will get the same support he did before.

iammeiam

C3Sim4ZVUAAMzxl.jpg:large

Statement from Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse (R)

I sincerely hope he's leading the way for others to follow; while it'd be nice to be able to take comfort in the idea that people in congress have some basic respect for America and what the much vaunted "American values" should be, I'll settle for people having the perspective to realize this will not last and anybody who doesn't oppose it will be viewed as on the wrong side of history.

Coffinhal

I guess it's hard to tell what will happen. Our complex societies produce complex processes with multiple possible outcomes Him getting impeached at some time because of a or a multiple number of triggering events we don't know about yet, could happen.

RPGCrazied

David MackVerified account
‏@davidmackau

"It's not a Muslim ban," Trump says. "[But] you see it at the airports, you see it all over. It's working out very nicely."

This man is the devil incarnate.

kirblar

This was done on a Friday Night for a reason- courts won't reopen till Monday.

Pray we can get an injunction ordered immediately on this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom