• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter. this will hurt their chances in midterms if enough people are sick of it. And from the size of the protests going on they are.

Exactly. The problem people keep bringing up about Hillary's campaign is that she didn't mobilize people, she didn't bring passion out of people, well Donald is doing that for her.

C3SkIwfUYAARmGr
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning for freedom.

Tahnit

Banned
I cant find any local protests in my area. I live in a small city on the panhandle of florida. But i feel like i need to be doing something. I cant stand this.

US citizens need to do something. Go out into the streets and march. Protest. Call you local politicians.

Nip it in the bud before it gets. Because it has the potential to get so, so much worse.

If we're finding GOP breaking rank, besides Sasse and possibly Dent, I guess Justin Amash is doing it too:

1/ Like Pres. Obama's executive actions on immigration, Pres. Trump's executive order overreaches and undermines our constitutional system.
2/ It's not lawful to ban immigrants on basis of nationality. If the president wants to change immigration law, he must work with Congress.
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/825463554937585665

timshundo

When trump supporters claim they're woke, that the rest of the world is delusional, that this is all a return to greatness, what do you do? How do you inform them that there on the wrong side of history? It feels impossible. It feels like not being able to communicate with his is partly why we're in this mess in the first place.

When trump supporters claim they're woke, that the rest of the world is delusional, that this is all a return to greatness, what do you do? How do you inform them that there on the wrong side of history? It feels impossible. It feels like not being able to communicate with his is partly why we're in this mess in the first place.

You run through a motherfucker until they get out of the way

EviLore steppin up

They are lost. There is no reason to continue speaking or trying to reach these people.

GhaleonEB

HOLY FUCK

We have officially crossed over into fascist dictator territory. How the fuck is this happening so quickly?

C3Sim4ZVUAAMzxl.jpg:large

Statement from Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse (R)

This is a good sign. But until he and others who may also speak out begin actively opposing Trump, instead of issuing statements, I remain skeptical. But it's something.

On that note, I just signed up to begin a monthly donation to the ACLU, per the suggestions in this thread. Never donated to them before, but it's time.

Today has made me feel sick and humiliated for this country.

Scirrocco

The Austin subreddit maybe?

There's a cool politics app called Countable on iOS if you're looking for another easy way to contribute. You can look at a feed of issues related to topics you're interested in and email your congresspeople right from the app about each one.

First place i looked. Didn't see anything a few hour ago.

This breaks my heart, and it's only going to get worse for PoC. I want to do more (I'm already volunteering in my community, help feed the homeless, protest, and donate to PP/ACLU) but I don't know what else I can do.

I don't even understand how all of this is possible without longer periods of consideration and approval by others.

Maybe it's time executive orders were given "extreme vetting" and not just passed on through and accepted by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom