• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how the issue he ran so hard on, bringing jobs back, the one he supposedly won the election with, is where he has focused the least with so far.

This breaks my heart, and it's only going to get worse for PoC. I want to do more (I'm already volunteering in my community, help feed the homeless, protest, and donate to PP/ACLU) but I don't know what else I can do.

You're already doing more than 99% of the population, myself included. Its a horrible situation but don't let it destroy your life.

This breaks my heart, and it's only going to get worse for PoC. I want to do more (I'm already volunteering in my community, help feed the homeless, protest, and donate to PP/ACLU) but I don't know what else I can do.

You're contributing, doing something, and really that's enough right there.

When trump supporters claim they're woke, that the rest of the world is delusional, that this is all a return to greatness, what do you do? How do you inform them that there on the wrong side of history? It feels impossible. It feels like not being able to communicate with his is partly why we're in this mess in the first place.

You fight for progress in spite of them, like we always have. You think racists made the civil rights era any easier?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
The people who sat back & didn't vote this past November will not let that happen again in the 2020 election. I guarantee it.

You realize the GOP in Congress and every state they control are almost certainly planning to do everything they can to ensure that as few of those people as possible actually CAN vote come 2020, right?

E-Cat

lol are these numbers accurate? armed toddlers? lol

C3SjEfmWcAAe8Ql.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/Uncamitzi/status/825464210683371520
There should be a ban on armed toddlers until we figure out what's going on.

Posted earlier, but here's what he said on Twitter:

1/ Like Pres. Obama's executive actions on immigration, Pres. Trump's executive order overreaches and undermines our constitutional system.
2/ It's not lawful to ban immigrants on basis of nationality. If the president wants to change immigration law, he must work with Congress.
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/825463554937585665

FWIW, it's interesting to note that Amash is from Michigan which is home to the largest concentration of Arabs in the USA, and Amash himself is a second generation Arab-American with Palestinian and Syrian roots. Doubt many of his colleagues will stand with him though.

You realize the GOP in Congress and every state they control are almost certainly planning to do everything they can to ensure that as few of those people as possible actually CAN vote come 2020, right?

And they will hopefully, fail at it.

There are tons of protests, etc. going on, & it won't ever stop until Trump is out of office.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/27/51199...y-if-it-approved-white-house-executive-orders

This apparently goes against federal rules put in place by Kennedy. Trump can change the rules by himself, but I don't think they're allowed to be broken without being explicit in changing the rule or making an exception.

Not that you need a technicality like that for an executive order that blatently violates the first amendment.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The one good thing to come of this clusterfuck is that every time the neo-confederacy, white nationalist movement, and corporatist-fascist forces make a huge play, that many more americans get shook out of their complacency and realize this shit is totally real.

The women's march did get people to come out who have never protested or marched before. There /are/ people realizing that yes it can happen here.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
NYC ImmigrantAffairs ‏@NYCImmigrants

JFK's Terminal 1. Volunteer lawyers from firms across the city working to provide services to folks impacted by recent executive orders.

Heroes we deserve!

C3Sim4ZVUAAMzxl.jpg:large

Statement from Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse (R)

While it's nice to see a Republican finally say something that's not in lock step with our new Führer its not nice to see it accompanied by the typical bullshit Republican falsehoods about Obama's handling of the threat of Jihadists during his presidency. You think at some point they would realize constantly spreading misinformation to their base is what got us in this situation in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom