• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
All afaik:
- The order is declared unconstitutional in a court challenge (this obviously takes time and could go up to the Supreme Court)
- Congress takes action by passing a bill reversing the order or something along that line (you wish, lol)
- The incumbent president repeals the order (obviously, we'd need a different president for that first...).

Can someone come up with a bill on monday and have congress vote on it within days?

Beefy

@ZaibatsuNews
Paul Ryan Gets Added to Wikipedia Page on Spineless Animals (Invertebrates) http://j.mp/2kFcFad

C3SBfKCUMAEosTt.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
It seems like a terrible idea to have flags and fire that close to each other.

If the flags are made with EU regulations in mind, they probably can't be burned really. Do you know that one video about a British neo-nazi trying to burn an EU flag and failing miserably?

RPGCrazied

Bradd JaffyVerified account
‏@BraddJaffy

“Nobody has any idea what is going on,” a senior Homeland Security official tells NBC News

Reposting for more to see. Pretty dangerous if when even government itself has no clue.

Total shitshow!

Their symbol is basically a jaunty swastika.

Golden_Dawn_logo.jpg
r4ZcNLf.jpg

Good god... I had to double check the red flags.
It's amazing what some color can do. In black, blue or white and in repetition, that little sigil wouldn't look completely out of place on a Greek tile or rug. Can't believe that Greece, a country where we were once invaded by literal Nazis, and where we literally celebrate a holiday (Επέτειος του 'Οχι) about refusing Axis demands...now has a Nazi party.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Eric Haywood ‏@EricHaywood

When you remember that the terrorists who bombed the 2013 Boston Marathon were Russian…but Russia ain’t on the list of banned countries

Looks like this will be the first real test to see how the Republican legislature stands up to Trump.

Remember that no one rules alone. He is making enemies and those enemies are sharpening the knives.

Trump is allowing the Republican congress to pass whatever they like. They aren't going to stand in his way. They aren't enemies, Trump's flights of fancy aren't worth jeopardizing their general policy gains.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What an absolute shit show. Reading stuff like this is heartbreaking and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

And he's not even banning people from the same countries as the 9/11 hijackers (not that it'd be a much better idea, mind). Because of course he has business ties in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Motherfucker.

Of course it's not what he fought for. I think a lot of Iraq vets are going to be super pissed. Their translators and Iraqi military equivalents were there helping them through the trenches and now we've spit in their faces. So disgusting, and I hope this angle gets a lot of play time because the GOP supporters will likely listen to veterans.
Veterans have shit ton of power in this country. One of the reasons why standing rock was stopped, was because a bunch of veterans were gonna protest for the NA.

If I were Reps I would be shaking in my boots. Dangerous slope.

The live feed is electric. Crowd has swelled and looks like they're on every floor of the parking lots too.

Theyre chanting "This is what democracy looks like"

Volimar

It's probably pretty warm with all the people there...

Also:

Michael Ian Black
‏@michaelianblack
Starting to see calls for this: a National Strike on 2/17. I think it's a great idea. Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom