• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolute shit show. Reading stuff like this is heartbreaking and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

And he's not even banning people from the same countries as the 9/11 hijackers (not that it'd be a much better idea, mind). Because of course he has business ties in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Motherfucker.
Apparently he has either major or minor ties in Saudia Arabia, Egypt, UAE and Turkey. And none of those countries got bans.

Shockerooo. Although in slight fairness to Trump, the USA has had a disgustingly close relationship with the Saudis in particular for decades now. So that's hardly new.

Kettch

I don't know why people continue to desperately hold on to this idea that the adult Trump children aren't scum just like their father.

What the hell is Ivanka going to do?

If I recall correctly, Ivanka's husband is Jewish which is why they were tagged about Iranian Jews being turned away.

Linkura

@ZaibatsuNews
Paul Ryan Gets Added to Wikipedia Page on Spineless Animals (Invertebrates) http://j.mp/2kFcFad

C3SBfKCUMAEosTt.jpg

fufufufufufufuuuu

Gonna donate $500 to the ACLU tonight. Get fucked, Trump/GOP.

Fuck, that's awful, I hope this bullshit ends and they can see each other soon

Their symbol is basically a jaunty swastika.

Golden_Dawn_logo.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meander_(art)

They were among the most important symbols in ancient Greece; and perhaps symbolized infinity and unity; many ancient Greek temples incorporated the sign of the meander. Greek vases, especially during their Geometric Period, were probably the main reason for the widespread use of meanders; alternatively, very ocean-like patterns of waves also appeared in the same format as meanders, which can also be thought of as the guilloche pattern. The shield of Philip II of Macedon, conserved in the museum of Vergina, is decorated with multiple symbols of the meander. Meanders are also prevalent on the pavement mosaics found in Roman villas throughout the Roman empire. A good example is at the Chedworth Roman Villa in England, leading many historians to believe that the pattern was part of the original inspiration for the Latin "G" character.

Meanders and their generalizations are used with increasing frequency in various domains of contemporary art. The painter Yang Liu, for example, has incorporated smooth versions of the traditional Greek Key (also called Sona drawing, Sand drawing, and Kolam) in many of her paintings.[4][5][6] The meander is also the symbol used by many Greek nationalist groups such as the Golden Dawn.

But yeah when it's isolated like that it sure looks similar

Volimar

Greg Grunberg ‏@greggrunberg 1m1 minute ago

Did Trump really just close the subways that lead to JFK so nobody can go to Terminal 4 to protest his Muslim ban? #WTF?! RT

Anyone else hearing this?

Edit:

Stephen Toulouse Verified account
‏@Stepto

@greggrunberg He would not really have that direct authority I would approach that one with a huge grain of salt.

Go Protesters Go! Stand up!

I wouldn't be surprised if over the next 4 years, one of these protests just goes militant. You know, charge the airport, manually free the detainees. It would send one hell of a message and what would they do, its a couple police officers versus hundreds of thousands of people. Unfortunately it would also evangelize the far right even more and give the Republicans agency to attempt restricting protest rights even further

Deepwater

"I live in new york and mildly chilly weather is too cold to protest in!"

lol.

That being said, There's apparently detainees at Detroit Wayne Metro and there's a protest planned for 4pm tomorrow. The weather won't kill me so I'm planning on going
/s (I would still plan on going regardless)

I'll be attending whatever coalesces in DC tomorrow - there's supposed to be a protest at the White House.

I need to make a "My Muslim Interpreter Saved My Life" sign.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Greg Grunberg ‏@greggrunberg 1m1 minute ago

Anyone else hearing this?

Edit:

Stephen Toulouse Verified account
‏@Stepto

I was about to say, no way Trump would have the authority to shut down NY public transit. check your sources before posting.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
0 Americans were killed by Iraqi citizens? We've had two wars with Iraq in that time frame.
I think they mean terrorist/attacks on US soil, but yeah that's poorly phrased and too easily nitpicked. I like the map better, highlighting banned countries vs countries with business interests with Trump. It'd probably be nice to have some sort of /// bars in the countries showing the origin of 9/11 hijackers for full effect, too.

I am ill

I've been at most of the rallies since trumps victory
Fair enough then.

It's horrible and a disaster. All of it. Lawmakers in DC and other citizens (both voting for and against Trump) at least hoped that Trump was either bluffing or "negotiating" when he was making all these outrageous and horrific promises during his campaign. Now it appears the Trump administration is actually following through with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom