• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

Has Trump even been in public since the inauguration?

I doubt Bannon will ever be in public again

I honestly hope Trump does not get assassinated. He should not become a martyr. In a just world, his unlawful actions would result in impeachment and removal from office. In a sane, just world...

Again, call your congressmen and representatives. Their numbers are listed in the public domain.

But I do hope he's miserable. I bet he's afraid. He's despised and maligned like few presidents before him have ever been hated. And he should be afraid; he's actively ruining the lives of thousands of people and literally put their families and lives at risk by deny them asylum. This isn't a game; people will die due to his racist ban.

So I hope the orange despot miserable. I hope he can't sleep. I hope it keeps him up at night. I hope he thinks about these people day in and day out. I hope it infects every moment of his day. I hope it consumes him.

Because that's barely anything compared to the horror and injustice so many of these refugees have faced already.

daffy

Banned
They're in limbo right now. It can go either way.

Some are getting cleared to go through, on a case-by-case basis. Some are being denied entry outright.

Many, many politicians and lawyers are working to find legal loopholes to get them in.
Thanks for the info. There's hundreds of thousands of them. This is ridiculous!

SilentRob

Republicans? Where are the fucking Democrats?

Uh, I have seen so many Tweets where Democrats brutally attacked Trump and Republicans for allowing this. De Blasio is fighting against this openly, there are Democrats on sight on JFK. What else do you want them to do?

Don't look up to Politicians doing something about this. It's every single capable citicen's job to get out there right now.

I honestly hope Trump does not get assassinated. He should not become a martyr. In a just world, his unlawful actions would result in impeachment and removal from office. In a sane, just world...

Again, call your congressmen and representatives. Their numbers are listed in the public domain.

But I do hope he's miserable. I bet he's afraid. He's despised and maligned like few presidents before him have ever been hated. And he should be afraid; he's actively ruining the lives of thousands of people and literally put their families and lives at risk by deny them asylum. This isn't a game; people will die due to his racist ban.

So I hope the orange despot miserable. I hope he can't sleep. I hope it keeps him up at night. I hope he thinks about these people day in and day out. I hope it infects every moment of his day. I hope it consumes him.

Because that's barely anything compared to the horror and injustice so many of these refugees have faced already.

I definitely agree, but as the weeks go on & on with this, a lot of people one day are just gonna snap & say, "Fuck it, no more of this shit".

And the last president to ever be assassinated (I believe) was Ronald Reagan.

Another GOP: Jeff Flake senator from Arizona
President Trump and his administration are right to be concerned about national security, but it’s unacceptable when even legal permanent residents are being detained or turned away at airports and ports of entry. Enhancing long term national security requires that we have a clear-eyed view of radical Islamic terrorism without ascribing radical Islamic terrorist views to all Muslims.

Garlador

I still can't believe almost half the nation voted for this guy

More like under 20%. The rest voted for Hillary, thought it was in the bag, or didn't vote at all.

It's still beyond embarrassing. It should have been a slamdunk message that humanity will not tolerate his brand of misogyny, racism, intolerance, ignorance, fear-mongering, or ineptitude. And we blew it.

I hope it was a wake up call to the nation and the world. Evil men triumph when good men do nothing.

So start doing something, good people of the world. I hope this has lit a fire under everyone who sat on the sidelines.

FZZ

Banned
I definitely agree, but as the weeks go on & on with this, a lot of people one day are just gonna snap & say, "Fuck it, no more of this shit".

And the last president to ever be assassinated (I believe) was Ronald Reagan.

Attempted assassination

If that fucker was killed I imagine we'd be living in a very different world

ezrarh

More like under 20%. The rest voted for Hillary, thought it was in the bag, or didn't vote at all.

It's still beyond embarrassing. It should have been a slamdunk message that humanity will not tolerate his brand of misogyny, racism, intolerance, ignorance, fear-mongering, or ineptitude. And we blew it.

I hope it was a wake up call to the nation and the world. Evil men triumph when good men do nothing.

So start doing something, good people of the world. I hope this has lit a fire under everyone who sat on the sidelines.

When you can vote but don't vote, then you don't really count so I still personally stand by the nearly half this country voted for him.

Abelard

Attempted assassination

If that fucker was killed I imagine we'd be living in a very different world

Not that I am a fan of Reagan, but his distrust of the evil empire is something that we should never have forgotten. It was always Republicans who were more cautious about Russia until this election, including Romney who said in 2012 that Russia was still our greatest enemy, something Obama disagreed with.

On this one issue they were right, which is why it is all the more amusing that Republicans are bending backwards now.

FZZ

Banned
Not that I am a fan of Reagan, but his distrust of the evil empire is something that we should never have forgotten. It was always Republicans who were more cautious about Russia until this election, including Romney who said in 2012 that Russia was still our greatest enemy, something Obama disagreed with.

On this one issue they were right, which is why it is all the more amusing that Republicans are bending backwards now.

True

Everything is just a mess

So apparently Obama stopped refugees from Iraq in 2011 and that's totally the same thing and I'm a hypocrite. According to someone on Facebook.

I believe it was 27% of eligible voters or 19% of the population in general.
Really sad when you put it like that. Both that about a quarter of the population are fine with this, and that such a small percentage decided this for everyone. How do we call this country a democracy with a straight face anymore?

And you just know that Trump and the GOP will be working their asses off to make sure the odds remain in their favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom