• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

https://twitter.com/marissamfox5/status/825518468812398596

C3TUqW9WQAAlFua.jpg:small

A real American hero.

This is what people voted for. They got suckered into the bullshit of "Make America Great Again", not realizing that it means taking 500 steps back into a time where white people cared about their own interests, and didn't give a fuck about anyone else because they were deemed inferior.

Let that sink in.

chadskin

The federal court for the Eastern District of New York issued an emergency stay halting President Donald Trump’s executive order banning entry to the US from seven majority-Muslim countries tonight, following widespread protests at airports around the country.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshawi, who were denied entry to the US upon landing at JFK airport in New York City and detained indefinitely by Customs and Border Patrol.
http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/28/14427086/federal-court-halts-trumps-immigration-ban

I guess thats how they hold peoples feet to the fire

But it just does not work. The whole presidential race one of my relatives watched nothing but CNN and they're giddy that Trump is in the white house. This approach doesn't work. Trump and his cronies need to he silenced and cut down with no retort.

The federal court for the Eastern District of New York issued an emergency stay halting President Donald Trump's executive order banning entry to the US from seven majority-Muslim countries tonight, following widespread protests at airports around the country.

The court ruled on a habeas corpus petition filed by the ACLU on behalf of Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshawi, who were denied entry to the US upon landing at JFK airport in New York City and detained indefinitely by Customs and Border Patrol.

FUCK YOU YOU FASCIST BASTARDS

GET FUCKED

JDHarbs

It’s hypocrisy to call yourself a Christian and chase away a refugee or someone seeking help, someone who is hungry or thirsty, toss out someone who is in need of my help,” he said. “If I say I am Christian, but do these things, I’m a hypocrite.

- Pope Francis

Did a quick look up on Twitter. Nothing from Bernie yet. Those who spoke out against this shitshow:
- Elizabeth Warren (MA)
- Senator Gillibrand (NY)
- Chuck Schumer (NY)
- Dick Durbin (IL)
- Patrick Leahy (VT)
- Dianne Feinstein (CA)

I stopped there, I'm sure there's more. Granted this is just Twitter, I don't know what else they are doing, but yeah, compared to the GOP side on Twitter alone which is radio silence, that's at least that...
Yeah on the GOP side so far I've found

- Mike Coffman (CO)
- Charlie Dent (PA)
- Ben Sasse (NE)
- Justin Amash (MI)
- Jeff Flake (AZ)
- Susan Collins (ME)
- Herbert (UT GOV if we want to count that)

Pretty pathetic. Hopefully more will say stuff tomorrow and on Monday...

theosi

Poppy Montegomery on CNN finally sounded like she was sick of Jeffrey Lords shit.

I can't believe he kept trying to defend this. (...I mean, with him I guess I can.)

She kept throwing back in his face that none of the countries on the list harboured 9/11 attackers. My god he is such a shitstain.

My god, this world.

Get'sMad

any single non US Gaffers wanna marry me so I can become a citizen of your country and get out of here? I'm pretty handsome tbh.

What does that mean? They have to let them all go?
http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/28/14427086/federal-court-halts-trumps-immigration-ban
The federal court for the Eastern District of New York issued an emergency stay halting President Donald Trump’s executive order banning entry to the US from seven majority-Muslim countries tonight, following widespread protests at airports around the country.

It's only a temp. So the fight must continue.

Man that just sucks. I feel terrible for those expecting clear passage like those before them.

Wish I understood the intricacies of govt better, but it seems weird that the president can just make unchallenged orders like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom