• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It was in Trump's TV advertisement a year ago:

"That's why [Trump's] calling for a temporary shut down of Muslims entering the United States, until we can figure out what's going on".

.....so, what does "figure out what's going on?" mean. I mean, can any of us really figure out what's going on about anything in life? It's almost like some unwinnable condition we could be dealing with our whole lives... that would be crazy right?

edit: oh shit

Volimar

C3PkwWFWIAAlmLR.jpg

Coffinhal

https://twitter.com/bchesky/status/825517729251684352

AirBnB is providing free housing for refugees.

Great but how can they host people that can't pass through Customs ? It's just for the refugees who already are in the US so that's not Something that was created today

Next time though pay your taxes in the country you produce the value, and show these "american values" with acts for all the poor people every day of the year, not just when a far-right president is creating mayhem at the borders.

What does "Stay is granted" mean? Is this a constitutional challenge, a freeze on the deportations?

I don't know much about Law and am very confused

Red

Bans all those countries and doesn't even include Saudi Arabia. Kind of sends the opposite message, no?
He knows what he's doing. The restrictions are not only built on sham fearmongering, they are intended as a slap on the face for anyone who reads Bloomberg or The Times and can see that he is not involving any country in which he has moneyed interests. He is playing with people's lives to both rally his deplorables and provoke a reaction from moderates and the left. Driving the wedge.

teiresias

Congrats America. You are now living in a dictatorship.

Meh, I wouldn't really see this as that, as i'd imagine any sitting administration can set the procedures they want to use to vet EOs prior to signing them (someone correct me if I'm wrong). This is just the inner circle not wanting anyone to tell them hard truths about what they're having Trump sign. This just means a large number of EOs coming out of this WH will be trivial to knock out in the court system because they won't have even undergone review for even the most asinine breeches of law.

It was in Trump's TV advertisement a year ago:

"That's why [Trump's] calling for a temporary shut down of Muslims entering the United States, until we can figure out what's going on".

.....so, what does "figure out what's going on?" mean. I mean, can any of us really figure out what's going on about anything in life? It's almost like some unwinnable condition we could be dealing with our whole lives... that would be crazy right?

edit: oh shit

"Figure out what's going on" is merely just bullshit speak for "we're going to paint with broad strokes and single these people out because of terrorism, and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it." I mean, can you really trust a dimwit like Trump to understand broader complex issues when he thinks these issues can be easily solved with either violence, bullshit EOs, etc.?

The irony is that Trump talks about beating ISIS when moves like this only serves to give ISIS more fuel to brainwash people into demonizing and attacking USA. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point.

Ms.Galaxy

My donation to the ACLU just got 10x higher. (I'll donate 200 at the end of the month)

I recommend those here to do the same and donate to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom