• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime

Fuck the US for bombing the shit out of the countries they then block from helping out. Piece of shit society that murders and kills its own brown & black citizens for centuries, shits on its poor, and invades other countries to then block their people in need of help.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Crazy how much respect i lost for the US in the last couple months. Sad affair overall. Especially since there arent even that many Refugees in the US to begin with - its weird.

Goodstyle

Fuck the US for bombing the shit out of the countries they then block from helping out. Piece of shit society that murders and kills its own brown & black citizens for centuries, shits on its poor, and invades other countries to then block their people in need of help.

This is so crazy. The Left is using this criticism, meanwhile the Right is responding to the exact same issue by saying this crisis was created by Obama by not being active ENOUGH in foreign countries with our armies. There's such a profound disconnect here.

tumblr_inline_ob797ipjsl1qf3b39_500.gif

America wtf?????

NEVER say you have the greatest country in the world again. No good country would let such a guy be the president.

Disgusting.

Crazy how much respect i lost for the US in the last couple months. Sad affair overall. Especially since there arent even that many Refugees in the US to begin with - its weird.
I barely have any respect left for this country. Trump and the GOP have truly and fully discredited us. They are a cancer.

shiba5

Take a look at the cover photo @SpeakerRyan.
Not a peep on there about what's happening, of course.

Bannon is working much faster than I thought.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This affects all foreign nationals, not just refugees or immigrants

Section 3.c

I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants **and nonimmigrants**, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas).

This is so crazy. The Left is using this criticism, meanwhile the Right is responding to the exact same issue by saying this crisis was created by Obama by not being active ENOUGH in foreign countries with our armies. There's such a profound disconnect here.

tumblr_inline_ob797ipjsl1qf3b39_500.gif

You can't kill an ideology by bombing cities even more, but you can certainly exacerbate the problem.

rjinaz

I want the news on this. I want video interviews of decent people having a dream and being shit on. I want children crying. Put a face on this journalism. Enough of this shit.

UberTag

As a Norwegian I have always had a desire to travel and explore USA, but since I have a personal policy against visiting countries that doesn't uphold basic human rights all those plans are off now for the unforeseeable future.
I have to imagine US tourism is going to tank heavily over the next few years... at least from international countries.
Domestic tourism will be expected to carry the load.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I barely have any respect left for this country. Trump and the GOP have truly and fully discredited us. They are a cancer.

Yeah, but Trump was so open with his bullshit and his evil Agenda....it just boggles my mind that he could win in November. Feels like many Trump Supporters dont matter what happens to their country as long as there are other people that are even worse off...
This affects all foreign nationals, not just refugees or immigrants

Section 3.c

I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants **and nonimmigrants**, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas).

Just crazy.....def. no leader of the Free World anymore. Puting must be so happy right now - couldnt have planned it better.

Chaplain

"2 Iraqis file lawsuit after being detained in NY due to travel ban"

"Lawyers for two Iraqis who had been granted visas to enter the US have filed a lawsuit against President Donald Trump and the US government after they were detained when they arrived in New York Friday. The lawsuit could represent the first legal challenge to Trump's controversial executive order, which indefinitely suspends admissions for Syrian refugees and limits the flow of other refugees into the United States by instituting what the President has called "extreme vetting" of immigrants." (CNN)

Gutek

The majority of voting Americans did not vote for this.

This is what the fucks in the electoral college allowed to happen.

Keep telling yourself that. Americans have proven themselves to be fundamentally indecent people.

If a populace cannot put the effort in to stop someone like Trump, I don't know what to tell you.

Nokterian

Fuck trump,fuck his administration and fuck bannon the most he is taking the wheels on this and let trump the pupper sign those executive orders.

This is beyond terrible in less than a week Trump made more enemies than no other president ever did and the rolling back on stuff that is happening and going to happen is like he wants us to go back to the late 50's/60's. Trump is a delusional man not knowing what this job really is,very terrifying all of it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
“These are people with valid visas and legitimate refugee claims who have already been determined by the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security to be admissible and to be allowed to enter the U.S. and now are being unlawfully detained,” Mr. Doss said.

From the bottom of my heart, Fuck You America

UberTag

Wouldn't surprise me to find out Bannon already has the plans for a 'terrorist' attack all ready to go.
There is no man on the planet right now invoking more terror than Steve Bannon.
He's just doing it through Donald Trump via proxy.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's only 25% of the US that is a shame for humanity. What's wrong is they won.

Fox Mulder

Here's the thing though, this country always belonged to the racists. It's how it was built, for the straight white male. It was never the country for everyone no matter the gender, race, skin color, belief or sexual orientation. But it's high time we do take their country from them, it's 2017 for fucks sake. We as a species should be past most of this petty shit, but a lot of people can't seem to let it go. So we'll have to find a solution for them eventually cause they're a threat.

If people want change, they have to make it themselves. So many people don't vote or even pay attention to politics and leave it to others to do things. I really hope this wakes people up.

The fuckheads that elected Trump have a louder voice because people don't vote. They should be shunned into the darkness, but get years of gloating and rolling back of progress instead.

koji kabuto

So even if you have green card/ Visa you still not allowed in?
Its seems that alot of American Muslims are going to have north and south Korea's families type of situation, Where you can't see your family or fiends for the next 8 years at least.

I really wish the people had the power to remove a President. Congress just letting this man destroy America is appalling.

Honestly organize, gain support, march on Washington and demand this administration step down. Its ethical, and its democratic. Even just for america your right to protest it protected under the constitution. They were elected, yes, but they do not have whats best for the people or the country in mind. Remove them, you can. History will look at you fondly.

These people will do whatever they can to stay in power, including inciting war. Remove the administration before this can happen.

Gutek

So even if you have green card/ Visa you still not allowed in?
Its seems that alot of American Muslims are going to have north and south Korea's families type of situation, Where you can't see your family or fiends for the next 8 years at least.

If you're Muslim American, it's better for you to leave the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom