• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Remember this?

PMzHVSN.jpg
Amer said that Trump replied: “Ah, come on, man. You can’t believe everything you read. Do you really think we’re gonna do that?”

He told Trump he thought his father had played the media like a fiddle, and knew the tricks inside that “created this firestorm”, and how it had “worked out lovely”, to which he said Trump replied: “Yeah you’re absolutely right.”

fucking sleep-walked right into it

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Obama abused executive orders? Really? And with the Congress he had to deal with?

The content of his EO's aren't even remotely comparable to this travesty either.
I never said they were. EOs circumvent the system of checks and balances our government was founded on. They need to go and Congress needs to start doing it's job again

I never said they were. EOs circumvent the system of checks and balances our government was founded on. They need to go and Congress needs to start doing it's job again

There's nothing inherently wrong with executive orders, if the system of checks and balances work as intended. The constitution and rule of law protect us from most presidential whims. The law and constitution can change, however, if the people become complacent about who they allow onto the court and Congress. We're seeing a perfect shit storm brought about by American bigotry and complacency.

Drifters

I'd like to point out that the entire world is now looking at you, USA, in complete disgust.

Good luck with that.

The flip side of this is Europe is now seeing what backlash they would have if they did the same thing tomorrow. It's weird because I don't think Mr. Trump realized how big of a cluster F this was going to be.

zelas

Here is the list of countries:
Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.

None of these countries have had nationals who have committed terrorist attacks in the US.

Not that it should be on the list, this whole list shouldn't exist, but Saudi Arabia (majority of 9/11 attackers were saudi) and others are not on the list.

This list is a way to bully refugees from poorer countries.

Oppressors attack the weak.

The perception of a solution is often more rewarded than an actual solution. Yet another fault of the uneducated voter.

I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy from gun nuts fearful of a "registry" who are going to support Trump on this.

As an American, America is an embarrassment. Absolutely disgraceful. Let's not stop there. Let's start changing the rules based on whether someone is black or white, such as which stores and restaurants or government buildings they can enter. It might sound insane now, but with enough time it will be viewed as normal again to do this.

rjinaz

Obama abused executive orders? Really? And with the Congress he had to deal with?

The content of his EO's aren't even remotely comparable to this travesty either.

People still need to remind us, Obama tho, even with all that is happening. I wonder what the breaking point will be, when these people stop remembering to shame Obama it has gotten so bad?

Dierce

As an American, America is an embarrassment. Absolutely disgraceful. Let's not stop there. Let's start changing the rules based on whether someone is black or white, such as which stores and restaurants or government buildings they can enter. It might sound insane now, but with enough time it will be viewed as normal again to do this.
That is their goal with the bullshit religious freedom shit.

The GOP hates big government until they're in power. I could see them cutting executive powers if it looks like they'll lose 2020 to fuck the next guy. They did it in NC.

That's never going to change. The problem is millions of people don't vote, giving more weight to these fucking people.
Also the brainwashed minorities who believe they're be accepted as one of the good ones, those that feel they're white since they're skin is light enough and they receive privileges as a result, and the white people who sit idly by and benefit from white supremacy and privilege while ignoring its detrimental effects to everyone else. It's a multifaceted problem that always comes down to race.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just disgusting and fucked up.
Only been one fucking week and we're already at this stage? These mofos will have the wall built within the first month at this rate. One giant private prison complex.

Cipherr

Yes, but its not permanent.

This statement is horseshit. WHat's the end date. If you don't have one then GTFO with this garbage. And even if you did have an end date, this is disgusting ANYWAY.

Fuck this shit. Whether or not its permanent is completely irrelevant.

Dierce

Also the brainwashed minorities who believe they're be accepted as one of the good ones, those that feel they're white since they're skin is light enough and they receive privileges as a result, and the white people who sit idly by and benefit from white supremacy and privilege while ignoring its detrimental effects to everyone else. It's a multifaceted problem that always comes down to race.

And the fact is in the end nobody benefits from this fascism. Nobody benefits from white nationalism, even if you are white and wealthy. These people are creating a society of divisions that only escalates. Ultimately either the wealthy eradicate all the poor or the poor retaliate and hang the wealthy.

Garlador

A nation founded by religious refugees creating laws to prevent others from seeking asylum.

Hypocritical, embarrassing, shameful, disgusting, and intolerable.

Fight this.

Tovarisc

Excellent point. The natural course of action would be to now round up all immigrants/refugees and/or green card holders from these countries and deport them as illegal immigrants.

Even this administration can't be stupid enough to do something that drastic, but same time they did push through "Executive Order: Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements" just few days ago.

And the fact is in the end nobody benefits from this fascism. Nobody benefits from white nationalism, even if you are white and wealthy. These people are creating a society of divisions that only escalates. Ultimately either the wealthy eradicate all the poor or the poor retaliate and hang the wealthy.
Pretty much, but we all know it ends with the wealthy winning.

njean777

The flip side of this is Europe is now seeing what backlash they would have if they did the same thing tomorrow. It's weird because I don't think Mr. Trump realized how big of a cluster F this was going to be.

I honestly don't think he even gives a shit about the backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom