• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Cuomo: "Unless you are a Native American, you are an immigrant."

"Just because you came into this country, doesn't mean you can close the door for the rest" - Not an exact quote, but the gist of what he said.

Cuomo: "Unless you are a Native American, you are an immigrant."

"Just because you came into this country, doesn't mean you can close the door for the rest" - Not an exact quote, but the gist of what he said.

Hell yes.

Glad McCain and Graham are saying the right things. Hopefully they dont lose their spines.
Can't lose what you don't have.

I'll wait for them to actually do something about this.

*insert picture of skeleton sitting at computer*

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Let's not forget that the American Indians were also immigrants to this great land a mere 20,000 years ago!

Tovarisc

Following twitter feeds today is basically every outlet and a lots of officials coming against this EO and calling for it to torn down.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I know it's custom to say that every decision is the last big one for Trump but I seriously think this is a tipping point. A lot of my family members who voted for trump felt like yesterday's actions were completely the wrong thing to do, to the point where they regret voting for him.

Arrest them. They're not above the law.

#detaintrump #arrestlawbreakingCBPs #resist

Not an expert on U.S. politics, but in a case of a Federal court order not being obeyed, what agency would theoretically intervene? The U.S. Marshals?

Edit: Answered it myself with a quick Wikipedia check:

The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is a federal law enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Justice (see 28 U.S.C. § 561). It is the oldest American federal law enforcement agency,[4] which was created by the Judiciary Act of 1789. The Marshals Service is attached to the Judicial branch of government, and is the enforcement arm of the federal courts. It is the primary agency for fugitive operations, responsible for prisoner transport, the protection of officers of the court, and for the effective operation of the judiciary.

Boke1879

I know it's custom to say that every decision is the last big one for Trump but I seriously think this is a tipping point. A lot of my family members who voted for trump felt like yesterday's actions were completely the wrong thing to do, to the point where they regret voting for him.

It just wasn't thought out at all. And above everything else. This EO had a direct and immediate impact on actual people. They are fucking up

gcubed

The people who pushed back on the "just because I harbor and support racism doesn't make be a racist* are really starting to realize they were wrong. Only problem is after a few days when it quiets down and he does something they support it'll be right back on the trump train

Not an expert on U.S. politics, but in a case of a Federal court order not being obeyed, what agency would theoretically intervene? The U.S. Marshals?

Edit: Answered it myself with a quick Wikipedia check:
So where TF are the Marshals at?
No surprise. My state isn't there. Thanks Greitens administration -___-

Edit: are those all Dem. AGs too? Ugh.

The Koch Bros never liked Trump as far as I know, but it's interesting to hear them come back out against him. Hope they put their money where their mouths are and undermine him please.

There are two, dueling philosophies at play here. The Koch brothers, Paul Ryan and pretty much all of the GOP old guard want to operate in the shadows. They want people for the most part to ignore government and corporate actions. The GOP wants to be rich, powerful and anonymous. They believe that is the most sustainable model for them to continue to amass wealth and power. And hey, it's worked out for them so far.

Bannon represents a conflicting philosophy. He has directly opposed Ryan's agenda at Breitbart at almost every turn. He lead the charge to get Cantor primaried. He wants a hot war. He wants to force every American to choose sides and dig in. He thinks that the GOP is too cowardly and that they are holding his fucking fascist vision of what the nation should be back.

We are going to see these two sides clash often and it's going to lead to some strange alliances.

Supast4r

You sound surprised. Have you seen an authoritarian regime present itself differently at other times in history? I know I sure haven't.

Just replace Jew with Muslim, Aryan with white Christians, Fuhrer with Trump and we're pretty much already there.

In the future we will need to be on the watch for the following...

Don't spread fake news everybody. Thing is, I'd say the right-wing outlets have a much higher penetration than 3% thanks to Breitbart, LifeZette, InfoWars, etc. so Trump / Bannon have a bit of a head start on Hitler / Goebbels.
He already did treason and he is calling for news to shut up. He is already there by a weeks time

B.O.O.M

University of fucking Notre Dame
C3WbIj6VUAAhl1Z

DAMN RIGHT! This is gonna screw over so many students...i'm genuinely worried about colleagues who from these countries. These are smart, hard working individuals that can be a great asset to the US going forward.

also

Blake Hounshell @blakehounshell
Reince Priebus’ mother was born in Sudan. Would she have qualified for the ban?

So @reince, you're acting out against Mommy and @realDonaldTrump is acting out against grandpa? Get to the ER and resign.Keith Olbermann added,

LMFAO I love Keith O

Pomerlaw

That's good news. It's hard for humans to admit they made a mistake, we need those poeple as allies now, even if they fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom