• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

According to someone at Reddit Obama is on a vacation. Not sure if true, but if he is, he'll come back like
giphy.gif

Rayis

Seeing all this unity and protesting against this orange fucker and his evil administration warms my heart, I'm donating to the ACLU and joining the fight!

tearsofash

I went to the protest at the airport last night. The police surrounded us and eventually tried to arrest anyone trying to leave.

Moosichu

I know it's custom to say that every decision is the last big one for Trump but I seriously think this is a tipping point. A lot of my family members who voted for trump felt like yesterday's actions were completely the wrong thing to do, to the point where they regret voting for him.

But he did exactly what he said he was going to???

Quixzlizx

But he did exactly what he said he was going to???

You wouldn't believe how low-information many Americans are. There were some Trump-stans at my office who couldn't provide anything beyond "We need a change," "I just can't stand Hillary," and "It's time for a businessman instead of a politician."

And it's not like I work at a coal mine.

tearsofash

Which airport?

This administration is just hard-headed. Good luck, you've got the UK to not care much about this anymore. What about the thousands outside in the street?

SeaTac. This started happening much later at around 12:30 or so. I got out of there before they completely closed off and prevented us from leaving.

thefro

Former Indiana Governor and George W. Bush Budget Director Mitch Daniels (R):

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/rele...tement-on-executive-order-on-immigration.html

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University President Mitch Daniels on Sunday (Jan. 29) issued the following statement regarding the Executive Order issued Friday (Jan. 27) by President Donald Trump:
“The President's order related to immigration is a bad idea, poorly implemented, and I hope that he will promptly revoke and rethink it. If the idea is to strengthen the protection of Americans against terrorism, there are many far better ways to achieve it.”

Vixdean

So do we have an official opinion from Obama?

Have we heard anything from any former Presidents? My guess is he's getting on the phone with both Bush's, Clinton, Carter, and maybe even Dole or Romney to put out a joint statement condemning this action.

KingK

Either voting or getting screwed because election day is inexplicably not a national holiday so less people go vote
Eh, I'm all for making election day a national holiday, but most of the people who have trouble voting still have to work on holidays, so I don't think that would solve much. Doing something like Oregon, where ballots are mailed to every voter a week or two before election day would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom