• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

This statement is horseshit. WHat's the end date. If you don't have one then GTFO with this garbage. And even if you did have an end date, this is disgusting ANYWAY.

Fuck this shit. Whether or not its permanent is completely irrelevant.

The executive order says 3 months.

Gutek

A nation founded by religious refugees creating laws to prevent others from seeking asylum.

Hypocritical, embarrassing, shameful, disgusting, and intolerable.

Fight this.

Don't get your hopes up. If Americans did not get out to stop Trump from getting in office in the first first place, they certainly won't do jack shit now.

Codeblue

I've never been more disgusted with this country. I'm glad my dad, who gave up everything to come here on a green card, isn't around to see this. It's revolting.

rjinaz

A nation founded by religious refugees creating laws to prevent others from seeking asylum.

Fight this.

I wish there were more Republicans like you, you are a good man.

Where the hell are they? Their party allegiance has made them go insane and the cost will be a fascist nation. I can't believe it.

Mahonay

Banned
People still need to remind us, Obama tho, even with all that is happening. I wonder what the breaking point will be, when these people stop remembering to shame Obama it has gotten so bad?
arWKqF2.gif

The blame for this is 100 percent on Trump and the Republicans. This rhetoric goes all the way back to the George W. Bush administration.

Like...are you just writing off the memory where Obama did everything in his power to convince people not to demonize Muslims?

Fight this.
Haven't you been paying attention to history? This country always belonged to Americans, they were never not here. It's theirs; they were here first not the Native Americans, they built it not the niggers, the whole west was us territory not them dirty Mexicans that they stole the land from, they grew stronger from the countries they weakened in the Caribbean and Latin America.

It's so comical how blinded so many people are, this is the wake up call that many needed to see to realize that a large portion of America is racist as fuck. The question is will anything be done.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
FUCK EVERYTHING.

posted this on FB:

Everyone who voted for Trump owns this. You are directly responsible for our nation not allowing refugees from war torn nations including children from seeking asylum in our nation. You have created a religious test for who is allowed to enter our country, and are officially letting fear get in the way of humanitarian assistance for those who need it most. We were the mother of exiles. Now we allow our fear to drown out compassion and love. We are a worse people today for it.

Own this. You did it. You should feel ashamed. Trump said he would do it, so this should not surprise you. Whatever other reason you used to convince yourself that you should vote for him should be appended with 'so much that I was OK creating a religious test and not helping refugees fleeing ISIL'.

Try it with me 'I wanted lower taxes so much that I was OK discriminating against an entire religion and refusing to help children fleeing ISIS'. Or 'I wanted a strict interpretationist on the bench so much that I was OK treating an entire religion and 180 million like they are all vicious criminals when they are in fact the victims of ISIL'. How about 'My Christian values required me to treat the least of these like human garbage. Jesus would be fine with it though, because of economic anxiety and that pizza shop that had to sell pizza to the gays'

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

My dad wanted to challenge me to a fist fight before I posted this, he'll come at me now. But I think I may have got at least one younger cousin who voted for Trump on board with not voting in 4 years. So, I'll keep tilting at windmills.

rjinaz

Trump is just as bad as everyone feared (or for the bigots: hoped).

Haven't heard from any Trump supporters in this thread yet. Could it be that they actually like this but won't admit it? Of course, this is their bigoted wet dream. If they could be there to turn away every Muslim themselves, they would. Buh bye don't let the freedom hit your ass on the way out!

Tovarisc

The flip side of this is Europe is now seeing what backlash they would have if they did the same thing tomorrow. It's weird because I don't think Mr. Trump realized how big of a cluster F this was going to be.

EU will do something about waves of immigrants coming in because of all internal tensions among citizens and immigrants are growing, which do and could result in riots, violence etc. Will it be something like what Trump did here? I don't think EU will go that far.

Gutek

FUCK EVERYTHING.

posted this on FB:

My dad wanted to challenge me to a fist fight before I posted this, he'll come at me now. But I think I may have got at least one younger cousin who voted for Trump on board with not voting in 4 years. So, I'll keep tilting at windmills.

If you read the Fox News comments on this, you will quickly learn that his supporters are totally happy with the ban and that there is no shame they feel about this whatsoever.

Don't get your hopes up. If Americans did not get out to stop Trump from getting in office in the first first place, they certainly won't do jack shit now.

Lots of people could hide behind the facade that Trump's rhetoric was just that, rhetoric. Meaningless words without the force of power.

They can't do that now.

Zaph

Fight this.

...and refugees from a country that was torn apart by the US for over a decade thanks to fake intel the previous GOP administration cooked up.

It's shocking how villainous the US is, yet its residents still find ways to make themselves out to be victims?

FUCK EVERYTHING.

posted this on FB:

Good on you.

FUCK EVERYTHING.

posted this on FB:

PM me your Facebook so I can join in the discussion?

Haven't heard from any Trump supporters in this thread yet. Could it be that they actually like this but won't admit it? Of course, this is their bigoted wet dream. If they could be there to turn away every Muslim themselves, they would. Buh bye don't let the freedom hit your ass on the way out!

Every time something indefensible comes up, they disappear. You'll see them again when Trump announces the next lackluster factory deal.

Betty

Banned
What are the democrats doing? Where is the opposition to any of this? Even if it's just on the media or press releases

lol, the media is too busy talking about Trump and his policies and his administration to waste time on the thoughts or opinions of democrats

It seems even Asghar Farhadi (who won an oscar in 2012 and nominee for this year) can't go to US...

I want him to win and then whoever is presenting at the oscars calls out this ban on tv. Trump would go ballistic.

There was an article side by side with the announcement of the ban in the paper today about a family coming to Cleveland. They were supposed to board their plane Monday and come here Tuesday. They've been living in a Syrian refugee camp since 2014. I can't imagine how they feel right now.

What are the democrats doing? Where is the opposition to any of this? Even if it's just on the media or press releases

This is Bannon's strategy, i'm sure. So much, so quick that no one can react. Each day has been worse than the one prior, its been 7 days total. How could anyone react to any of this?

Garlador

I wish there were more Republicans like you, you are a good man.

Where the hell are they? Their party allegiance has made them go insane and the cost will be a fascist nation. I can't believe it.
I'm not sure I consider myself a Republican anymore. Not when the whole damn party falls in line and condones this unlawful, unethical behavior.

It's Trump's party now, not mine.

I believe strongly in the principles of traditional Republicanism... But it sure looks like the majority of our leaders are okay tossing the constitution in the trash.

I am nothing but ashamed of the party and ashamed to be associated with them. Just devastated by what it has become, and it had serious issues before the plunge into outright fascism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom