• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October OPM to have FOURTY COVERS. HOLY CRAP. (DJV2 related)

Bog

Junior Ace
As much as I hated the first game, I almost have to play this one just to use Lil Flip.

Henry Rollins? Is he going to do random spoken word poetry?

He seems like a really random inclusion to me... what is the reasoning for him in this exactly? Not complaining, just curious.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh god, this is going to send some collectors to the poor house. I'll just try to get the Redman cover.

Matlock

Banned
Semjaza Azazel said:
Henry Rollins? Is he going to do random spoken word poetry?

He seems like a really random inclusion to me... what is the reasoning for him in this exactly? Not complaining, just curious.

Henry Rollins is supposed to be playing the fighting trainer in this one.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I like the old school rappers they have added in this version!! "It's the Flava!!!!"

Matlock

Banned
No way, dude! Kimora Lee, with her CGI enhanced assets rocks it!

Edit: Y'know, it'd be nice if one could get a posterbook of all the covers somehow.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That's nice. Good thing that I don't care all that much about wrestling games, so I won't be tempted to buy multiple issues of this :p

Blackace

Wellington said:
I am going to play this game just to beat the living shit out of Ludacris and Sean Paul.

Ghostface is getting such a beat down from me!!!

Blackace

Wellington said:
:lol

Not cool man. :lol

:(

The Beastie Boys and Eazy-E need to be in this game!!!!

(So the E, Mike D, MCA, and Ad Rock can whup Ghostface's ass!!!!!!!!!)

WTF? I still don't get why Rollins is in there. He's way more talented than most of those hacks. Not to mention that he has nothing to do with rap music.....

Blackace

Uno Ill Nino said:
WTF? I still don't get why Rollins is in there. He's way more talented than most of those hacks.

I think there are some great rappers in this game... if you don't like rap music... then that's your call... but as far as rap is concerned there are some guys with loads of talent!

Again, WTF does Rollins have to do with rap music? The theme of the game is rappers beating up on eachother, right? Why Rollins then? Why not Neil fucking Diamond while you're throwing crazy unrelated shit in there?

I think there are some great rappers in this game... if you don't like rap music... then that's your call... but as far as rap is concerned there are some guys with loads of talent!

Nothing against rap. Just kinda sad to see Busch-leaguers like Fat Joe, Bubba Sparks, and Sean Paul get thrown up on the same level as Busta Rhymes, Flava, and Rollins.

methodman

Banned
Fat Joe (when he was underground; also when he was rappin with Big Pun) was the shit. Nowadays he isnt too great.
The other two are just crap, so is elephant man.

Uno Ill Nino said:
Again, WTF does Rollins have to do with rap music? The theme of the game is rappers beating up on eachother, right? Why Rollins then? Why not Neil fucking Diamond while you're throwing crazy unrelated shit in there?

http://cube.gamespy.com/gamecube/def-jam-vendetta-ii/539182p1.html

GameSpy: Why include non-rapping celebs like Henry Rollins and Carmen Electra?

Josh: Why not? Our vision for this product is bigger than just hip-hop. We're creating an urban world. Anyone who adds to that world and feels right with the urban vibe is definitely a candidate for inclusion. In the case of Henry and Carmen, they totally suited the characters we were creating in the story. For the trainer we needed someone who felt like they had the discipline to master all five fighting styles and the commanding presence to beat your ass into shape. There we were as a team saying, "You know who would be so cool? Henry Rollins. Too bad we can't get that guy." And then we were like, "Why not?" We reached out to Henry's people and soon enough he was signed on.

Carmen's casting was also based on a natural fit for character. We had written a voluptuous vixen into the story that comes after the main character while he already has a girlfriend. We needed a girl who could play temptress to all men, regardless of their personal preferences. She also had to have enough flavor to carry her own in our rough and dirty world. Carmen was the first person who came to mind.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Holy sh1t!! Elephant Man is in this game?!

I hope OPM charged EA through the nose for the split-run... that would've been murder on the designers, not that there's much to it...

Blackace

Uno Ill Nino said:

Nothing against rap. Just kinda sad to see Busch-leaguers like Fat Joe, Bubba Sparks, and Sean Paul get thrown up on the same level as Busta Rhymes, Flava, and Rollins.

Well Carmen is in the game... And of course there will be some hacks in the game... you need as many characters as you can get... Lack of the Beastie Boys and LL is sad...

WarPig

Sadly, Danny Trejo wouldn't let them put him on the cover. Otherwise I would have been all over that one.

My faves are the Rollins cover, the Flav cover, and the Bubba Sparxxx one -- for some reason I dig the N*E*W SOUTH tattoos.

Bish, if you can't find the Flav cover on newsstands, holler and I can maybe try and find you one here.

Edit: The Beastie Boys are fucking hippies, so fuck them. They can go star in an Oddworld game about freeing Tibet or some shit. As for LL Cool J, oddly enough, he has a song on the soundtrack ("Mamma Said Knock You Out," natch), but he doesn't otherwise appear in the game.

DFS.

Top Bottom