• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October OXM Scores - Fable 9.7 - NOT confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdman

I decided 2 skim threw the mag a little because I see all of you want 2 know the scores.

Reviewed
-Fable - 9.7/10!!! (The said the only con was "slight slowdown when alot of people are on screen")
-Test Drive: Eve of Destruction - 8.2/10
-Sudeki - 7.9/10
-The Guy Game 3.0/10
-Burnout 3 - 9.1/10
-Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005 - 8.3/10

Ok now if you excuse me I'm going 2 go play the greatest OXM Demo in months!! be back later..

From...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=15807373&page=1

Take it with a grain of salt until its confirmed, I just don't know...

nitewulf

i dont doubt it will get good reviews, but OXM is totally worthless. get me the XBN and gamespot scores...then we'll talk.

skip

the first magazine to have a review of fable is not going to be OXM.

and if it is, hoo-boy, is somebody in trouble.

axxxj

Animator in Waiting
Hmmm the poster comes back with this typed out of the mag..................

"OK I'm back everyone, 4 hours of sleep and I'm ready 2 type out some stuff from the Mag. I know what everyone wants 2 hear and that is Fables Review! I'm not going 2 type out the full review hear until I get the green light 2 do so and get some energy. I've seen people banned from posting stuff from magazines and Insider Stuff. On page 85 you will find... "The Verdict" 4 Fable!

THE VERDICT

Graphics This is how a game built from the ground up should look.
What else can I say? Truly breathtaking, The new definition of Lush graphics.
Immersion The closest thing to a life simulator you will find on Xbox.
You can do just about anything in this open ended adventure. Almost endless possibilities of interaction with NPC.
Sound Dolby 5.1 Every character has a voice. Settings a new standard in
"amount of dialogue you can cram into one game" Category. Musical scores weave in and out threw out your adventure. Brilliant.
Design Unlike other RPG's Everything in Fable is hand placed NO Random Environments,
No random ANYTHING! Everything about Fables Design is near FLAWLESS

+Redefines what an RPG should be
+Incredible replay Value
+Sheer amount of Freedom will give you shivers
+Chicken punting!
-Slight slowdown at times
?Will anyone actually get involved in "gay" marriage?"

Sorry mods if this is not allowed to be posted i'll remove it.

Wulfer

GAF will implode if that review is correct... / Greatest RPG ever on Xbox who would have thunk it.?

BlueLegs

I hope this review is the real thing, I really want this game to be a success so other comapnies that make RPG's will copy from it.

Teddman

A poster called nero33099 at Team Xbox forums had some good points on why this seems fake. His comments in bold:

Originally Posted by nero33099
THE VERDICT

Graphics
This is how a game built from the ground up should look.
What else can I say? Truly breathtaking, The new definition of Lush graphics.

Game built from ground up? What else can I say?

Immersion
The closest thing to a life simulator you will find on Xbox.
You can do just about anything in this open ended adventure. Almost endless possibilities of interaction with NPC.

Life simulator? Second sentence sounds kinda immature.

Sound
Dolby 5.1 Every character has a voice. Settings a new standard in
"amount of dialogue you can cram into one game" Category. Musical scores weave in and out threw out your adventure. Brilliant.

Fragmented. Threw?

Design
Unlike other RPG's Everything in Fable is hand placed NO Random Environments,
No random ANYTHING! Everything about Fables Design is near FLAWLESS

Everything is hand placed eh?

+Redefines what an RPG should be
+Incredible replay Value
+Sheer amount of Freedom will give you shivers
+Chicken punting!
-Slight slowdown at times
?Will anyone actually get involved in "gay" marriage?
Crappy grammar, and spelling, sounds incredibly fake. And it simply doesn't sound professional. If it's true they should fire the guy who wrote it.
Good points about his spelling. If you were typing this straight out of the magazine, why would there be errors?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Well Gamefaqs is going crazy with this Fable score. I for one will take it with a grain of salt. First of all, the grammar of the Verdict points seems very suspicous. And if the review is real, then you have to remember it's from OXM who want to hype this game as much as they can considering it's one of MS's big games this fall.

PhatSaqs

Banned
GSG Flash said:
then you have to remember it's from OXM who want to hype this game as much as they can considering it's one of MS's big games this fall.
Now we're into downplaying fake scores? :p

This is just too funny.

From every preview we've gotten over the past month or so, they game is coming together quite well and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get alot of 9+ scores. Who cares about this one review, especially since it's from a Xbox fan mag? Does OXM hold some special position that I'm not aware of? I mean, I know it comes with the demo, which is great, but so does OPM and they're easily one of the worst offenders when it comes to score pumping.

PhatSaqs

Banned
The difference is, OXM has hardly, if ever, score pumped. I'm sure there's some examples of some weird scores (as is this case with EVERY mag/site) but I've found them to be pretty fair usually. And maybe peeps would be interested being as though it would have been the first Fable review?

The real question is, why would YOU be interested?

PhatSaqs said:
The difference is, OXM has hardly, if ever, score pumped. And maybe peeps would be interested being as though it would have been the first Fable review?

The real question is, why would YOU be interested?

Sept 19th, I will be rebuying an Xbox just for this game (and Halo 2).

I always fall into these kinds of things. I had to get and N64 just for Zelda, a DC just for RE: Code Veronica, and the Xbox (first time) just for Morrowind.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Games with high 9's in OXM, you are talking Halo, Splinter Cell and KOTOR, no it wouldnt be definitive, but it would be damn good.

Im torn though, i mean

Musical scores weave in and out threw out your adventure

...I could understand spelling errors, i always make a few copying from type to screen but thats an error you'd have to be a member of Gamefaqs to make.

but it is August 20th, and the mag is supposed to be coming out on the 24th, so i cant believe no one has the mag yet.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Good points about his spelling. If you were typing this straight out of the magazine, why would there be errors?

Well, someone typed up that PC Gamer Doom 3 review and made TONS of errors during the transfer. When someone is keying in text, I suppose it isn't too difficult to make a mistake if you are rushing through it.

Of course, in this case, there are some serious issues with the grammar as well. I believe it is fake...

Ghost said:
but it is August 20th, and the mag is supposed to be coming out on the 24th, so i cant believe no one has the mag yet.

Edit: Thought I saw the mag already on the stands, I was wrong.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
sonycowboy said:
Sept 19th, I will be rebuying an Xbox just for this game (and Halo 2).

I always fall into these kinds of things. I had to get and N64 just for Zelda, a DC just for RE: Code Veronica, and the Xbox (first time) just for Morrowind.

does this mean you'll change your name to microsoftcowboy???

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sony cowboy, that's the holiday preview guide, the magazine with the reviews is different.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Teddman said:
A poster called nero33099 at Team Xbox forums had some good points on why this seems fake. His comments in bold:

Not to mention, how many rpgs are totally random? this guy sounds like hes anti morrowind more than he sounds like hes reviewing fable.

Deku Tree

I find this score hard to believe b/c nobody else has the mag and b/c of that summary.
But I hope FABLE lives up to the hype.

open_mouth_ said:
does this mean you'll change your name to microsoftcowboy???

No.

To appease my Sony gods, I'm going to buy a new Xbox (so Microsoft loses money), and used copies of all my games, so M$ gets no money from me. (although a used Fable might be tough to get for the first several months - so maybe I'll have to steal it.)

AND

I'll be buying every single Sony published game (GT4, HSG:4, Sly 2, R&C 3, Jak 3, GT4, Killzone, EyeToy: Antigrav, and whatever else it out there).

JK ;)

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
sonycowboy said:
No.

To appease my Sony gods, I'm going to buy a new Xbox (so Microsoft loses money), and used copies of all my games, so M$ gets no money from me. (although a used Fable might be tough to get for the first several months - so maybe I'll have to steal it.)

AND

I'll be buying every single Sony published game (GT4, HSG:4, Sly 2, R&C 3, Jak 3, GT4, Killzone, EyeToy: Antigrav, and whatever else it out there).

JK ;)

That sad part is that I don't believe for one nanosecond that you're kidding :(

;)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Sounds fakey in that the writing is poor (not only spelling, but writing), but I have to say that some of the phrases, although awkward, sound straight out of OXM vocabulary... "Built from Ground Up" is an example.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
xfile.gif

AirBrian

sonycowboy said:
No.

AND

JK ;)
:lol

And you know you're not kidding. :)

jedimike

It's fake... not because of the score or the writings, but because I just got my September OXM (the one with Conker on the cover) yesterday. October's OXM is still at least 3 weeks away.

Plus, like someone mentioned, one of the other mags has the exclusive. XBN, I'm betting.

That being said, from all the previews I have seen, I would be shocked if Fable got anything less than a 95%.

SyNapSe

jedimike said:
It's fake... not because of the score or the writings, but because I just got my September OXM (the one with Conker on the cover) yesterday. October's OXM is still at least 3 weeks away.

Plus, like someone mentioned, one of the other mags has the exclusive. XBN, I'm betting.

That being said, from all the previews I have seen, I would be shocked if Fable got anything less than a 95%.

I'm betting this is fake also, but wasn't the next OXM supposed to launch on the famed Aug. 24th? I thought that was the big ilovebee's/media blowout thingy?

Chi-Town

jedimike said:

I got the Conker issue back at the end of July. (I checked back and it was July 27th)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I wonder how many people will be having this game lock-up on them. If Kotor caused tons of problems I imagine that everyone speaking in the game is gonna cause some issues too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom