• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Sephzilla

Uhh... so my Internet finally came back up and I'm watching No Mercy now.

Why is the title match the first match?

Did Vince want to get the main event out the way for some reason?

Because then that match would have been live before Sunday Night Football or the Presidential Debate started

Ithil

Kinda weird how for two SD PPVs in a row now, they have continued to advertise a match where one of the wrestlers is injured until showtime, then had the remaining opponent lose a match to a last minute replacement.

Sephzilla

Friends, I caved and preordered Infinite Warfare so I could get COD4 Remastered.

Man, that COD4 campaign is just as fantastic as I remember and it plays amazingly well, even better than the newer CODs.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It's ok. Miz is getting that main event push. Miz is getting that main event push. Miz is getting that main event push. It's the only explanation.

Yeah, I think so, too. Dean and Cena are about to take time off, Orton is still in a feud with Wyatt, so we'll get Miz vs AJ at Survivor Series.

And I actually want a Miz title push. In 2016. Bless that man for doing the best work of his life right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When's your birthday, FE?
Ct_39MBVMAAlrJy.jpg

Kaladin

Did they seriously put the main event match on a PPV first because the debate would have had people tuning out of a live show they could have easily watched any time later?

Also, how do you just put the main event first without having a main event worthy angle or show stealing match to close the show? Miz vs Ziggler should have ended the show, with Ziggler taking the loss starting a false retirement angle.

Or at the least, have something happen in the opening main event that causes either a singles match or a rematch at the end of the show to keep viewers interested. They had the perfect spot to do that with the double submission win. So many things they could have done to keep viewers last night, but instead they gave up, blew their load in the first hour and just ran with the undercard later on.

Heroman

Banned
Friends, I caved and preordered Infinite Warfare so I could get COD4 Remastered.

Man, that COD4 campaign is just as fantastic as I remember and it plays amazingly well, even better than the newer CODs.

What a mark

I already pre order the disk version of it and cant wait to relive COD 4 aka the greatest mp game of its time

Sephzilla

Curt Hawkin's entire gimmick right now makes me think Vince just discovered Chuck Norris facts

What a mark

I already pre order the disk version of it and cant wait to relive COD 4 aka the greatest mp game of it time

The only reason I might not give COD4 multiplayer the GOAT label is because Halo 2 existed

ReiGun

Putting Bray/Orton last is truly baffling. The only match with less heat going into it was Bliss and Naomi, a match that wasn't even going to happen.

Sephzilla

There's an article on Forbes mentioning that WWE is also interested in getting ROH on WWE Network along with TNA's library.

At what point does WWE actually become a monopoly?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He may still get the reaction, but they don't book him to be a top name.

I mean, he doesn't win as much, but he never really did anyway. (Randy has a losing ppv record for his career.) But they still treat him like a big deal. He literally main evented SummerSlam not two months ago. Dude was in the main event of ppvs (Extreme Rules, Payback) just last year until he got hurt, he was a high pick for SmackDown and is the top face there since Cena isn't around as much.

Randy Orton is still a thing and whenever he gets his title match with AJ, everyone is going to eat it up.

notworksafe

I mean, he doesn't win as much, but he never really did anyway. (Randy has a losing ppv record for his career.) But they still treat him like a big deal. He literally main evented SummerSlam not two months ago. Dude was in the main event of ppvs (Extreme Rules, Payback) just last year until he got hurt, he was a high pick for SmackDown and is the top face there since Cena isn't around as much.

Randy Orton is still a thing and whenever he gets his title match with AJ, everyone is going to eat it up.

Basically this. Win or Lose, Orton is a still a big deal. He just main evented two PPVs and got a hell of a reaction at both. Granted No Mercy is a different story, but they still decided to put Orton/Wyatt last and not Miz/Ziggler.

Is she trying to get out of the contract like that or something?
Her first suspension according to her was because she didn't turn the paperwork in on time. So it doesn't seem she's actually on anything, which leads to her wanting to get out of it. From what's been said, it lasts until 2019, so if she wants out, this is probably the way to go for it.

If that is the case, it's a damn shame.

There's an article on Forbes mentioning that WWE is also interested in getting ROH on WWE Network along with TNA's library.

At what point does WWE actually become a monopoly?

Yeah, Meltz namechecked TNA, ROH, EVOLVE and PROGRESS, and one other I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't see ROH going on there for such a low price given how much their IPPVs cost though

Kaladin

Stay in TN but we went back to NC for our wedding. We were supposed to leave put from sc last Saturday for our cruise but we missed it because they left early without even telling us they would be departing early.

That sucks. Hope you're able to get your money back on the cruise without much trouble and salvage it.

Yeah, Meltz namechecked TNA, ROH, EVOLVE and PROGRESS, and one other I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't see ROH going on there for such a low price given how much their IPPVs cost though

ROH would probably just be for the pre-Sinclair libraries. That would include the material they would need for most of their current stars with the exception of like Cedric Alexander or someone newer from ROH.

Gabe has mentioned an upgraded WWN lately in his e-mails, and I have been curious if he would get involved with distributing through the WWE Network if they ever opened it up.

justjim89

Bummer. Paige used to be really great, and probably could be again. But she turned into a diva just in time for WWE to abandon that idea. In her NXT run she was just as good as Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, and Bayley are now.

Top Bottom