• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

You know who won though?

Team Blue.

I'm optimiztic but 25 months ago Ziggler looked ready to be king and it lead to the worst phase of his career.

Also Miz can't really be a Kane eventer right now as much as I love him as both brands are lead by heels and I don't think the world is ready for face Miz.
They should've kept Miz as champion until after Mania so then he could sneak back into the main event imo. I mean they could always have him dethrone Dolph but having him defeat Dolph would've gave him so much heat.

According to Alvarez, Ziggler was planned to lose as recently as a week ago and even possibly as recently as a few days ago. Guess they just decided they couldn't go without him.

miserable

miz22etpd6.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know that it was disappointing other than Becky not being there. Ziggler/Miz and Cena/AJ/Ambrose were absolutely lit and having 2 awesome matches is better than lots of shows can claim. Disclaimer: I fast-the-fuck-forwarded through Swagger/Corbin (I couldn't believe this shit was main-card).

Cena is a pretty damn good worker and at this point he's mostly doing the job despite being in his wrestling prime still.

Recall

I don't know that it was disappointing other than Becky not being there. Ziggler/Miz and Cena/AJ/Ambrose were absolutely lit and having 2 awesome matches is better than lots of shows can claim. Disclaimer: I fast-the-fuck-forwarded through Swagger/Corbin (I couldn't believe this shit was main-card).

Cena is a pretty damn good worker and at this point he's mostly doing the job despite being in his wrestling prime still.

So what the hell have the last 12 years of "lolcenaWins" been if not his prime?

Adree

Speaking of weirdos in the crowd I noticed longhair and his mom both had Ziggler signs to hold up which explains a lot.

Menome

Surprisingly, I got some predictions right this PPV:

AJ Styles
Baron Corbin
Nikki Bella
Bray Wyatt

Still, got these wrong:

Slater/Rhyno
Dolph Ziggler
Naomi
Alpha/Hype

50/50 booking even hits The Curse of Menome sometimes.

MC Safety

I'm glad Dolph Ziggler won. I really didn't want him to go. But I'm still indifferent to him as a wrestler.

I'm not sure that makes sense even to me.

Zach

You know, Donald Trump is basically Scott Steiner running for president. The Big Grab Pussy Daddy, if you will.

Metlzer said the 8 man from NJPW was far better than the 3-way at No Mercy so I'm excited to check that out later this week.

Watched some of No Mercy, not a ton:

3-Way -- this was better than I thought it was going to be. Dean had an atrocious dive and Cena crushing him during the "lunatic" lariat was perfect.

Miz/Ziggler -- i thought this match was going great right up until the end. It felt like the crowd just fell out of the match. i think the Spirit Squad / Ejection thing just killed it for the crowd and any momentum it had.

Wyatt/Orton -- didn't care at all for this and skipped for the Harper spot. I really wish while it was dark you just heard Harper do his yell.

notworksafe

That was a really good PPV. Championship match was fantastic, Miz and Zigs killed it, Naomi and Alexa had a good match, Wyatt won in a dominating fashion, Corbin/Swagger was decent and finished in a way that makes continuing the feud make sense, and Harper is back! Team Blue remains on top!

The end of the Mizggler match was weird. Referee sends heel accomplices to the back, the heel wrestler is the one that gets distracted and then eats the clean pinfall.

Good match, though.

Uhh... so my Internet finally came back up and I'm watching No Mercy now.

Why is the title match the first match?

Did Vince want to get the main event out the way for some reason?

Top Bottom