• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

klonere

Banned
PROGRESS - Started From The Bottom, Now We're Here

Give this a watch, friends. Great MV, the past four years of PROGRESS in three minutes.

I got pretty emotional watching this. A great collection of moments for dedicated fans. I know I haven't been along for the ride as long as some of the other PROGRESS heads in the thread but it was one of the first indies I actually started watching full shows for. It's been amazing to follow the promotion from the Garage to Electric Ballroom to Brixton and next, all over the country!
even if I have very smarky nitpicky issues with the Brixton main event

I will go to a show, I promise. I like the idea of Unboxing Live a lot...

klonere

Banned
Probably my favorite title win of all time. Will thinks its real, I did too.

ugnZbN3.gif

Probably my favorite title win of all time. Will thinks its real, I did too.

ugnZbN3.gif

Amazing moment, probably the best wrestling moment I've seen in person - you could see how much it meant to Will and it was so amazing to watch his rise from opening act to main eventer.

Unboxing sounds like it'll be a proper fun show, I'd also recommend the hell out of getting to the SSS16 next year - it's always a fantastic time and next year's in gonna be 3 days long!

imBask

Banned
I forgot to subscribe to the new thread

y'all motherfuckers trying to roll me up and get rid of me?!

IRON
CLAD
CONTRACT

somedevil

Any updates for BFG tonight? I don't have access to the observer message board anymore.

Its Basically this:

The LAW has spoken to someone familiar with the situation that is going on and while they could not comment on the financing of this week’s shows, did confirm to us that the pay-per-view and tapings will happen this week. It was also told to us that the New York Post story was accurate in that neither Billy Corgan nor the WWE are involved with the financing for these tapings.

TNA will be taping all week long and if you figure in two episodes per night, that would put TNA through to the end of 2016 with their tapings and give them the rest of the year to sort out of the ownership situation, if there is no announcement tonight or over the next week.

Some unknown party has put up enough financing for BFG and the tapings for Impact to survive on TV through 2016.

Discussions still ongoing for overall ownership position.

Yep someone not named WWE or Billy Corgan paid for all this.

It could of been Dixie parents opening their wallets one last time to keep impact afloat until ownership is determined.

Most likely this. I just hope whoever takes over the company finally dumps Dixie, Bob Ryder, etc.

Jamie OD

Seems like that would've already been leaked by this point if he was there.

He's supposed to be in Monterrey, Mexico for a AAA show tonight but's there's been a few spotted in Orlando gossip going around. However the tweet I saw has since been deleted so it was probably fake.

Fuck progress have nailed it not just in terms of wrestling but the feel and brand of it all is spot on compared to other UK companies.

Light years ahead of the pack.

Seriously, they're so ahead of the game - it's definitely making others take notice. Fight Club: PRO, for instance, have been around longer and have a similar sort of in-ring style and live atmosphere, but it's only within the past few months that they're actually putting the effort into the production side of things. They're shows are actually watchable now, which is great, because they're a great product.

He's supposed to be in Monterrey, Mexico for a AAA show tonight but's there's been a few spotted in Orlando gossip going around. However the tweet I saw has since been deleted so it was probably fake.

Figured as much, guess Cody will be there tonight as well. Interested to see him outside of WWE.

Seriously, they're so ahead of the game - it's definitely making others take notice. Fight Club: PRO, for instance, have been around longer and have a similar sort of in-ring style and live atmosphere, but it's only within the past few months that they're actually putting the effort into the production side of things. They're shows are actually watchable now, which is great, because they're a great product.

There was a company called HXC in Manchester a few years back with a heavy metal vibe, they went too far with the hardcore matches and fucking strippers though!

PCW have gone into their own niche (and their own ass) and infinite seems to have lost steam so Progress could own the north as well soon

Jamie OD

The latest Voices of Wrestling podcast has Lanza go talking about how the European indies has gone so far ahead of the North American scene in terms of professional presentation, production value and the success it brings for them. Not just Progress but Rev Pro and wXw too.

Speaking of wXw I saw their schedule while buying tickets for next year's 16 Carat weekend and it is crazy! They are probably the busiest company outside of WWE and Dragon Gate with the amount of shows between now and the end of the year.

Listening to Bryan Alvarez, he's heard some info from a meeting that took place before the ppv. WWE is not buying TNA according to sources at meeting and it's staying in business.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, no scoops needed. They got enough money to tape BFG and the rest of the TV for the year.

Pollock said it best on Friday: WWE wants to wait and see if TNA will bankrupt itself so they can buy the only asset they care about for pennies on the dollar. Most of the roster is on show by show contracts so they can get that whenever.

Alvarez is funny and his sources love fucking with him because he never admits when shit doesn't happen

There's a lot that's worth the subscription and by far laughing at Alvarez is Fav Five tier

Top Bottom