• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

MC Safety

they need a better developer on this shit already. Dear lord.

Yuke's is talented enough to produce a workable iteration of a wrestling game in less than a year's time. What other game developer can do this?

I'm not defending the game, mind. But every year a new one comes out and it's always done under remarkable circumstances.

klonere

Banned
Well the Smackdown creative team managed to rehab Dolph fucking Ziggler for their audience, Raw has zero fucking excuses now.

We're there any reports on Elgin or Kushida? I could see Elgin say to lethal "I can't see out of my left eye"

Elgin's got a fractured orbital bone in his eye socket, has to have surgery but doesn't look like he'll be out long - KUSHIDA looked like he'd separated his shoulder, but there's been no update on him and he's still on the Power Struggle card info they released today.

fRJzxmz.jpg

19 years ago

Elgin's got a fractured orbital bone in his eye socket, has to have surgery but doesn't look like he'll be out long - KUSHIDA looked like he'd separated his shoulder, but there's been no update on him and he's still on the Power Struggle card info they released today.

Sucks for Elgin but better than hearing he might be blind in the eye or something. I feel like there can be a great feud there with Naito

Kushida I was unsure of because Naito attacked him and then the post match stuff. But the way he was pulling on his arm was what made me think for sure something happened.

Also hearing the announcers talk about Shibata had me legit worried about the dude.

kiguel182

Jericho and Owens promo is the only thing I'm finding compelling so far. Ugh.

Also, they are bringing Goldberg back? I don't think I can take this.

Yuke's is talented enough to produce a workable iteration of a wrestling game in less than a year's time. What other game developer can do this?

I'm not defending the game, mind. But every year a new one comes out and it's always done under remarkable circumstances.

but the games are always buggy as hell because yukes never fixes the core engine.

I'm not sold that the changes they make to the previous game are a solid years work.

Jericho and Owens promo is the only thing I'm finding compelling so far. Ugh.

Also, they are bringing Goldberg back? I don't think I can take this.

He's kept in shape. Shouldn't be embarrassing, and will be an opponent fans can buy as being able to beat lesnar (though of course, he won't).

but the games are always buggy as hell because yukes never fixes the core engine.

I'm not sold that the changes they make to the previous game are a solid years work.

He's kept in shape. Shouldn't be embarrassing, and will be an opponent fans can buy as being able to beat lesnar (though of course, he won't).
Dude has shrunk so much, I'd imagine he's going to come out in his leather jacket to hide his flabby and sickness. But Vince probably gave him some inflate juice to use ao he looks bigger by SS!

Dude has shrunk so much, I'd imagine he's going to come out in his leather jacket to hide his flabby and sickness. But Vince probably gave him some inflate juice to use ao he looks bigger by SS!

As allowed by part timer contracts!

He might be in shape but he is still boring.

I doubt he'll be doing many promos. I bet his only job will be hitting power moves between brock's suplex spots.

Menome

Having never heard Goldberg speak before...he sounds like a Geography teacher with leather patches on the elbows of his jacket.

Aiii

So not worth it
Goldberg might have shrunk, but so has everyone else. It's not the 90s anymore and the guy is 50, after all.

But lets be real:
He still looks like a motherfucking badass. His run is gonna be great.

Tthe crowd was fucking LIT for that Ziggler match.

That was legit the best put-together match I've seen from the wwf in years.

The way all the screwjob spots - the ringpost, the perfume, the spirit squad - crescendoed was like something out of wwf circa 2000.

incredible job. hope they don't screw it up on smackdown.

If Charlotte and Jericho were on Smackdown, I'd probably just check out Raw highlights and nothing more. They're the two most consistently entertaining parts of it. You could probably toss Sami in as well on that.

If Charlotte and Jericho were on Smackdown, I'd probably just check out Raw highlights and nothing more. They're the two most consistently entertaining parts of it. You could probably toss Sami in as well on that.

100%. Charlotte and Jericho have been incredible lately, easily the best parts of Raw.

I wonder if the whole Miz/D Bry thing is leading to a trade and maybe Smackdown will get Sami...

...A man can dream.

klonere

Banned
Tthe crowd was fucking LIT for that Ziggler match.

Seriously, everyone involved in that feud needs a medal or a pay rise or something. Things accomplished in this feud

1) Execute a 3 match series correctly (see: New Day/Club, Raw women, Reigns/Rusev, Rollins/Owens, pretty much all Raw feuds tbh as examples that WWE have forgotten how to do this)
2) Produce entertaining TV in between the big shows that doesn't involve long blow off style matches
3) Beat but elevate the heel in the feud where Miz can comfortably go to main event status if needed next. Complete rebuilding of the Miz character in the first place
4) As I said before, rehab Dolph Ziggler in 2016. A true wrestling miracle.
5) Got that crowd LIT
6) Maryse on TV

and more that I can't think of. If only Bray/Orton didn't exist to ruin SD Live's track record.

My big fear is when this feud is over and Ziggler moves on from Miz. I only cared for Ziggler with the prospect of his career up on the line. He did some great work for it, but Miz is what majorly made the whole thing work. I'm not gonna give a fuck when Ziggler is feuding with other people in a months time and the whole thing will be a terrible decision unless it leads to Miz being elevated back to the main event picture.

klonere

Banned
My big fear is when this feud is over and Ziggler moves on from Miz. I only cared for Ziggler with the prospect of his career up on the line. He did some great work for it, but Miz is what majorly made the whole thing work. I'm not gonna give a fuck when Ziggler is feuding with other people in a months time and the whole thing will be a terrible decision unless it leads to Miz being elevated back to the main event picture.

I'm wondering if they'll form that shooter stable that was floated with Ziggler, Swagger and ???.

I'm fairly confident Ziggler is being setup to lose the belt fairly quick-ish to an NXT callup, not necessarily Joe either.

Problem with that is they seem to be building to Cena/AJ at mania, so unless AJ loses it ASAP and then wins it back before mania, Miz won't be working a title match till next may at the earliest.

I guess he could be in if there's another triple threat or four way.

Anth0ny

Seriously, everyone involved in that feud needs a medal or a pay rise or something. Things accomplished in this feud

1) Execute a 3 match series correctly (see: New Day/Club, Raw women, Reigns/Rusev, Rollins/Owens, pretty much all Raw feuds tbh as examples that WWE have forgotten how to do this)
2) Produce entertaining TV in between the big shows that doesn't involve long blow off style matches
3) Beat but elevate the heel in the feud where Miz can comfortably go to main event status if needed next. Complete rebuilding of the Miz character in the first place
4) As I said before, rehab Dolph Ziggler in 2016. A true wrestling miracle.
5) Got that crowd LIT
6) Maryse on TV

and more that I can't think of. If only Bray/Orton didn't exist to ruin SD Live's track record.

yup, really well done as long as miz goes on to the main event with momentum and ziggler continues in IC tier with momentum.

I'm wondering if they'll form that shooter stable that was floated with Ziggler, Swagger and ???.

I'm fairly confident Ziggler is being setup to lose the belt fairly quick-ish to an NXT callup, not necessarily Joe either.
With the good work Miz was putting out, I'm glad now that it doesn't look like he would drop the belt in a quick squash match from Joe from DB bringing him up. I don't know, maybe WWE will quickly get the belt back on Miz since he's clearly what made that feud work. I just really don't care for Ziggler having a proper reign. Great that he got his moment, but if he moves on from Miz still champ, I can't envision good things happening when his main competition is the likes of Corbin or Crews.

Problem with that is they seem to be building to Cena/AJ at mania, so unless AJ loses it ASAP and then wins it back before mania, Miz won't be working a title match till next may at the earliest.

I guess he could be in if there's another triple threat or four way.
Honestly, I'll consider it a success if he just gets one PPV match, two at the very least. Give him a TLC match against AJ when that PPV comes around.

Lothar

Banned
Russo's dog died and he's crying on his podcast. :(

This is why I would never want to have a pet. It's like having a kid that you know will die in 10-15 years.

I like New Day but they need to be on the chase so bad.

I was hoping they would use Anderson and Gallows to legitimately shake them up.

MC Safety

Game development is an endless series of compromises.

I've seen it in action. Everything costs in terms of time, money, and manpower. Everything you choose to do limits your ability in other areas.

I won't defend the games. I haven't played them in years. But I understand it's not as easy as passing the franchise off to a new developer.

Easy. Turn Ziggler into a cocky heel that turned on the fans since they only cared about him putting his passion on the line. Even better, get Sami out of Raw and have him feud with Ziggler. Would make a great contest.

I like New Day but they need to be on the chase so bad.

I was hoping they would use Anderson and Gallows to legitimately shake them up.

WWE wants New Day to beat that stupid tag team title record Demolition is holding since they are suing WWE. Thus killing any formidable team that comes close to them. I rather just not see TND in a match especially for the titles. Just fucking let them hold it and do stupid skits until they beat the damn record...like have them in the CM Punk universe.

Top Bottom