• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Heroman

Banned
Fucking yas. Tana is winning but it's still gonna be LIT, John!

Cud3ufXVMAA-fNx.jpg
Hype, Sand has become quickly become one of my favorite wrestler in the company

Zach

ol' Kaladin said:
As previously reported on PWInsider.com, TNA is planning an episode of Impact Wrestling that will be filmed at the Hardy compound in Cameron, North Carolina as their final episode of the year featuring original content. The episde will be titled "Total Nonstop Deletion" and is scheduled to be filmed the first week of November.

The episode is set up by a Matt Hardy promo where he invites tag teams from around "time and space" to compete in the main event of the episode, Tag Team Apocalypto. We are told that this is going to be a Falls Count Anywhere on the compound match. During the promo, Hardy invited "The Bucks of Youth", "The Express who Rocks and Rolls", "The Bulldogs who are British" and "The Days of The New." The idea is that TNA will be bringing outside teams in for the match. We have confirmed that Jeremy Borash and Matt Hardy have been contacting outside teams over the last few days to book them for the taping.

The episode will also feature the "in-ring debut" of King Maxell, the son of Matt and Reby Hardy as well as a planned "match" between Grado and Smoking Joe Frazier, the kangaroo that appeared before "Delete or Decay" with the story being that he is the reincarnation of boxing great Frazier.

Obviously, TNA will be presenting a completely different take on pro wrestling television with this episode, taking creative license that follows "Final Deletion", "Delete or Decay", etc.

Love it.

TL21xx

Banned
Section 105, so hyped for the Rumble! First live PPV event here, going with my brothers and one of my best friends so regardless of the show it'll be a phenomenal time. Have done multiple RAWs and a house show, so all that'll be left on the list is Mania.

Rollins's run at face is especially wierd, because he's bringing up, and antagonizing Stephanie in his promos. But Stephanie herself isn't acting in anyway heel, or doing anything to him. In fact, she's acting like a cringe fucking worthy, pandering face.
I did. That show put Rod Strong and Tommy End on my must watch list. Those two guys put on an amazing match, looked fucking brutal. That bit where Rod swept Tommy off the apron, caught him an threw him back onto it was hard to watch.

Loved Gibson and ZSJ. ZSJ is a guy, again, i am coming slowly around to. I still maintain that my suspension of disbelief that a guy of his stature has an answer to everything is thin but damn if it wasn't entertaining at face value which is sometimes all that matters.

Noam Dar getting concussed was brutal. I do see why people love this dude and i feel like i could too. i liked some of his stuff in ICW but was not a fan of his showing in CWC at all.

Tommy End and Rod Strong tho...

so good.
Tommy End's run in PROGRESS is getting even better right now as a singles guy, his strikes and combination movesets is brutal to watch. And throughout the cards it's easy to tell how important it is to everyone to make every strike look good, no whiffed punches here.

I did. That show put Rod Strong and Tommy End on my must watch list. Those two guys put on an amazing match, looked fucking brutal. That bit where Rod swept Tommy off the apron, caught him an threw him back onto it was hard to watch.

Loved Gibson and ZSJ. ZSJ is a guy, again, i am coming slowly around to. I still maintain that my suspension of disbelief that a guy of his stature has an answer to everything is thin but damn if it wasn't entertaining at face value which is sometimes all that matters.

Noam Dar getting concussed was brutal. I do see why people love this dude and i feel like i could too. i liked some of his stuff in ICW but was not a fan of his showing in CWC at all.

so good.
Dar is still young AF, he's the kind of guy NXT is made for, season him a little.

As for Sabre, I'm a big fan, but I've said before I'd have 0 problem with him spending some time at the PC and bulking up a little. I think he's fine as is, I don't think he needs it, but it wouldn't hurt either.

klonere

Banned

so good.

Noam is odd in that I think working ICW has got him too deep in a gimmick. His PROGRESS work always impressed me and there's clearly a mountain of potential there.

Just you wait, Noam gets in to it I think next chapter?

Noam is odd in that I think working ICW has got him too deep in a gimmick. His PROGRESS work always impressed me and there's clearly a mountain of potential there.

Just you wait, Noam gets in to it I think next chapter?

Umm, isn't the next chapter his last show against Pastor?

klonere

Banned
uhh multiman is 15 i think? 14 is title match

Ah yeah, that's it just checked Cagematch.

He just needs a little. I mean, the guy's looks are somewhat deceiving because he's pushing 190lbs but the dude is 6 ft tall. but yeah, he's a young fella himself so im eager to see how he develops, if at all. Will his gimmick always be Mr. Counter and just add new counters to his repertoire?

I don't want to shit on the guy; I am just trying to wrap my head around his style and how far it can go to in-ring story telling.

i still need to see all his matches with Ciampo

Cool looking forward to it

Er, scratch that. Noam's on the next show alright but I don't remember it being anything special.

notworksafe

I can't get anything better than Sec 137 without spending $200+ so I'm gonna just stick with these and call Ticketmaster on the public sale day and see what sort of upgrades I can get.

notworksafe

They do that?

The site booted me off. Maybe it thought I was a bot.

Yep. If you buy tickets for an event you can call and have them upgraded/exchanged for better seats. They even have a special call in number for it, 1-800-653-8000.

Of course since they can only be exchanged once tickets are public, it can get a little tight on finding upgrades.

klonere

Banned
If I wanted to buy NJPW world does that include English commentary such as the access tv stuff?

Nope AXS deal is with TV asahi and is completely separate from NJPWWorld.

All the
really bad
English commentary stuff from ROH is there though.

If I wanted to buy NJPW world does that include English commentary such as the access tv stuff?

AFAIK no as axs don't work with NJPW directly, but there is English commentary with Kevin Kelly and Corino or Striker on the bigger events of the year, like Sunday's King of Pro Wrestling, last couple of nights of G1(should have been first night as well if it wasn't for travel problems), wrestle kingdom, Invasion Attack etc.

Boots is your man for NJPW.

Wagram

Raw was pretty enjoyable this week (especially since I could skip commercials). They'll always have some issues because it's three hours, but enjoyable for the second week in a row.

I know Gedo doesn't believe in them, and a lot of the time I can see why, but some day I'd really love an Okada/Naito/Omega triple threat match with all the faction leaders squaring off.

Top Bottom