• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

shooting and missing is what you've been doing this whole page
jFQx19D.gif

Damn

Browny

Banned
BronsonLee this is what happens when the court system fails us. It's anarchy!

#makewrasslegafgreatagain
#votearrowbunch

Doc Brown gave terrorists a fake bomb made of used pinball machine parts, he's a goddamn American hero! You shut up, Bronson.

Also, Muppets Christmas Carol is the best Christmas movie. And Die Hard, obvs.

Doc Brown gave terrorists a fake bomb made of used pinball machine parts, he's a goddamn American hero! You shut up, Bronson.

Maybe he should've, you know, called the cops instead

But nah he had to whet his beak

THEY SHOT AT HIM FIRST! HE HAS THE ENTIRE JUDICIAL SYSTEM IN HIS HEAD AND HE LITERALLY CAN'T ACT LETHALLY ON HIS OWN JESUS CHRIST THE MOVIE EXPLAINS THIS

Wait, what movie?

notworksafe

Robocop is great and a classic.
Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie.
Fury Road is overrated.
Best Christmas movie is A Christmas Story.

All shoots.

Fox318

At the time when JR would say his lines in the 80s and early 90s did people roll their eyes at him?

Was Goverment mule the same back then as Mauro saying "Jordan Meme"?

jmdajr

Robocop is great and a classic.
Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie.
Fury Road is overrated.
Best Christmas movie is A Christmas Story.

All shoots.

In that it's not the best movie ever made but still fucking awesome, yes.

Getting a decent reboot of anything is hard man. I for one, am very grateful.

Zach

At the time when JR would say his lines in the 80s and early 90s did people roll their eyes at him?

No one was a judgmental penis in the late '80s/'early 90s.

No one.

The difference was no one knew what the hell a government mule was before JR said it.

Mauro talking about the Jordan Meme makes us all reflect on just how much time we've wasted committing to memory these silly internet gags. It's a hot mess.

Sephzilla

This I can actually agree with, sure it's more of the same, but it's a fun film and I'd prefer it if the series had kept to the Die Hard formula after 2 tbh.

The thing that bugs me is that people bitch that Die Hard 2 is "Die Hard 1 but in an airport" and then praise Die Hard 3, when Die Hard 3 is basically the exact same fucking thing as Die Hard 1

-- Bad guy is a Gruber
-- McClane is separated from his wife
-- Gruber enacts terrorist plan
-- McClane gets an african american buddy
-- Surprise! Gruber's terrorist plan is a diversion for a bank robbery
-- McClane kills Gruber with single gunshot that causes Gruber to plummet/crash to his death

Kaladin

The thing that bugs me is that people bitch that Die Hard 2 is "Die Hard 1 but in an airport" and then praise Die Hard 3, when Die Hard 3 is basically the exact same fucking thing as Die Hard 1

-- Bad guy is a Gruber
-- McClane kills Gruber with single gunshot that causes Gruber to plummet/crash to his death

That's the power of Samuel L. Jackson.

-- Bad guy is a Gruber
The difference is DH2 takes place during Christmas again and involves his wife again. There's formulaic and there's just swapping out locations in the script. I still enjoy DH2, but I'd definitely take 3 over it any day.

You know what makes me sad? Olympus Has Fallen was 100 times the Die Hard movie that A Good Day was.
Don't watch London Has Fallen, though. That was an incredibly offensive piece of trash.

Die Hard 4, as hilarious as it was in its attempt to approach cybercrimes, was the definition of FnP. I'll defend it any day.

Die Hard 5 was absolute trash, though. Genuinely in my bottom 5 movies in general, right there with Prometheus.

jmdajr

Die Hard 4, as hilarious as it was in its attempt to approach cybercrimes, was the definition of FnP. I'll defend it any day.

Die Hard 5 was absolute trash, though. Genuinely in my bottom 5 movies in general, right there with Prometheus.

Pffft. Come on now.

At least Prometheus had great actors, effects, and cinematography.

From what I read Die Hard 5 is WWE movie caliber.

Top Bottom