• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Pikma

Banned
I know you guys are too old to appreciate it but that Spongebob episode where Barnacle Boy finally turns heel and changes his name to Barnacle Man is the GOAT

Hideo was going to be the one to take the belt off Owens? I wonder if he would have had a better or worse reign then Finn (presumably Finn would then beat him for the belt at some point).

Edit: then again he could spend half his matches staring at paint drying and it would be more interesting then Finn's run.

Hey Blue, I hope you are doing well...puts you in the master lock.
MasterlockparaHBK.gif

Damn you motherfucker

I know you guys are too old to appreciate it but that Spongebob episode where Barnacle Boy finally turns heel and changes his name to Barnacle Man is the GOAT
Can't think of a better one tbh. Maybe the chocolate one, but I have a bias towards that since I quote the broken guy all the time.

Why am I hearing about some insane story/movie script about Paige being an addict in debt and so she's running drugs across the country and then pissed them off because she got suspended and couldn't run drugs and that's why Del Rio got stabbed?

One of my pieces of advice that celebrities would be good to heed is to pay your dealer. Bad things happen when you don’t. It doesn’t matter who you are, eventually you are going to have to pay. Oh, sure if you are this foreign born A-list celebrity in her roped corner of the entertainment world you can sleep with your dealer for a while in order not to pay, but that only lasts a short time. Eventually they find someone else who can’t pay and wants to trade and you are replaced. The next thing you know you agree to do a little courier run using your status and you promise yourself you will just do it one time. That one time becomes two or three because your habit keeps growing. Then, the unthinkable. You lose your status and can’t make the courier runs but still have your habit. One drug dealer cuts you off so you move to the next and the next. At this point, you owe several dealers but haven’t told your celebrity boyfriend. When they come calling, he is caught in the crossfire. You go into hiding. The thing is you can’t hide for long because your addiction is so bad. My guess is you will end up dead. Either of an overdose or from crossing the wrong people. WWE Saraya Jade Bevis (aka Paige) (boyfriend Alberto Del Rio stabbed).

Dear lord, you're right, there's legitimately a rumor going around from 'alleged Hollywood sources' that Paige is some drug kingpin dealing all over the world with Del Rio being stabbed to send a message to her.

Dear lord, you're right, there's legitimately a rumor going around from 'alleged Hollywood sources' that Paige is some drug kingpin dealing all over the world with Del Rio being stabbed to send a message to her.
That is some amazing fantasy booking.

This is the most interesting storyline of 2016.

Well, given her wellness violations, she's obviously testing her own product.

That would be a shitty drug kingpin.

Lothar

Banned
Is there an official end of the Attitude era when people talk about it? I'm assuming once wcw is purchased and the invasion begins its completely over, but there are still a lot of crash tv segments even then (of varying quality)

It ended when Stephanie took over as head writer in late 2000, but that's not as fun to think as Wrestlemania 17. If you look though, the ratings had been falling before Wrestlemania 17.

NXT's build up for title matches are just unparalleled in WWE man. That's going to be a rematch with an actual 'big fight feel'

Austin's a texas redneck. What did you expect? Shawn Michaels and Goldust are probably supporting Trump too.

I mean he's had some liberal views in the past it make sense for some to be surprised.

So who's the prediction for the next WWE-grown NXT champ? If there even is someone to pick. Hell I'd take just a small-time guy from the Indie's. Bo was what, the last champ who wasn't a well-known Indie guy?

somedevil

Itami's injured again? Poor guy. :(

According to Meltzer:

According to Dave Meltzer, Itami suffered a significant neck injury at an NXT live event on October 1st. There’s no diagnosis other than that he’s officially not medically cleared to perform and there's no timetable for his return

He was able to move after the injury happened. He is out of the tag tournament and it looks like his feud with Aries is not going to happen now.

shaowebb

Okay folks...real talk.

Sin Cara vs Elix Skipper vs ???

Pick the third wrestler to make this botch filled 3 man match as botchy as possible.

lol at Lio Rush, promised a promoter he wouldn't leak footage of his match, then uploaded it to youtube and bitched about it when he got called out, acting like he was doing the promoter a favour by uploading their footage without permission.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joe did everyone a favor. That shit feltl ike an audible. Like I could imagine Inoki backstage watching this nothing match, 'please end this pain, Joe'

Why the fuck did Kane spin so much during the tombstone on his debut? Looked dumb as hell.
You mean when he for some reason turned to give one half of the audience a nice look at him holding 'Taker only to just randomly turn the other way back to where he originally was and do the move? Yeah, that was always weird.

Still a GOAT moment tho.

A. That Paige story is amazing. Is this actually going around Hollywood?

B. I am so sad about Hideo being injured again. I want to say I hope this doesn't ruin Vince's opinion of him, but I think we all know it will.

Top Bottom