• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

ReiGun

IlliterateSpottedIslandcanary-size_restricted.gif

hqdHZ3F.png
Gat damn, Hideo. Hate it had to be him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sanity could not look, sound, and be named more like a TNA stable

For the life of me I can't understand why Reddit and Full Sail were so hot for these guys, I thought they looked super bad and this quote sums them up perfectly.

That said I like EY, and they can't be worse than Authors of Pain, so I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like Nikki Cross, but I don't get any of the other guys and the guys who actually wrestled were horrible and looked like the Ascension wearing Baron Corbin's gear.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I like Nikki Cross, but I don't get any of the other guys and the guys who actually wrestled were horrible and looked like the Ascension wearing Baron Corbin's gear.

Gotta hear her talk. She's Scottish as hell, I dunno if she's gonna be able to pull off this Deliverance shit.

Recall

So who has an up to date guide in setting yourself up with an NJPW World account for us UK folk?

British Monsoon? JamieOD?

Recall

It's ridiculously easy, even more so because you can just use PayPal

You're right it was easy. I've set myself up but I can't find the shows via search. Any guides that breakdown finding the shows you want?

I wanted to watch all the wrestle kingdoms for example

Pikma

Banned
You're right it was easy. I've set myself up but I can't find the shows via search. Any guides that breakdown finding the shows you want?

I can't recall if there are tags for specific shows but when I'm looking for something/someone specific I just open the tag categories and simply use Google Translate to translate the whole page

If you go to the tags page you can search by wrestler, venue, etc. You can also look through the schedule to find recent PPVs.

Recall

If you go to the tags page you can search by wrestler, venue, etc. You can also look through the schedule to find recent PPVs.

But it just displays one match when using the Wrestle Kingdom tag, does it not run the whole show? Just individual matches?

Hmm.

Jamie OD

The search system on that site isn't good. Even when the show names are in English like Wrestle Kingdom I get no results that way. What I do is go to the Series page (The checkmark on the site header) and find the show or match I want that way. It helps when you know the date when it took place because it starts from the most recent show and goes backwards.

For other stuff, click on the Star image next to English Contents on the page header. That gives you the category section. There you can find a few playlists for stuff like the most recent Wrestle Kingdom or an entire G1 tour or Best Of Collections for certain wrestlers.

If you want a collection of all the tags click on the >> image on the top right corner of the main page. You get some English names but most are in Japanese. There is a translation option at the top of the page that helps most of the time. You get a few funky mistranslations though.

Recall

Thanks Jamie. I will figure it out. I found the "age" option that basically puts it all in to a timeline.

To get me warmed up I'm watching Kawada vs Sasaki from October 2000. Tokyo Dome. AJPW v NJPW. The hotness.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit Sanity looks like the best/worst jobber stable of all time. Sawyer and Wolfe were exceptionally average PC fodder when I saw them in Dublin.

Ascension 2.0 boyz

Recall

Okada v Tanahashi from WK10 is only available with English commentary? Fuck that noise.

How can I switch? Can I?

Edit: Thank the fucking lord I found it.

klonere

Banned
Owens legitimately has track pants as part of his ring gear?

I guess that's the point but man if it doesn't look like the worst thing in the entire fucking world.

From what I gather it'll be very family friendly, with foam fingers aplenty - doesn't sound like the glorious return of British wrestling to TV that we all wanted. But it'll depend on the talent they use, the last World of Sport pilot that surfaced from a year or two back was using pretty much entirely All Star talent :/

There's a massive buzz about British wrestling at the moment, but it's funny how the promotions generating that buzz aren't the ones being given a chance at TV - instead it's shit associated with the real carnies of British wrestling like the Knights and Alex Shane, or ITV thinking they can have a go themselves. I've little doubt this'll be an embarrassing disaster.

Anywho, watching an IWAMS show last night and there were these rookies facing The Hooligans - now, I couldn't figure out exactly what they did to piss off the Hoolys, but I'm pretty sure they pissed 'em off somehow;

z8gFDcd.gif

klonere

Banned
They should bring Mastiff in. He's always going on about how friendly he is towards certain members of the audience's family!

Actually, The Origin handled correctly would be an excellent, excellent heel unit to base the show around. Their shtick would transfer very well imo.

Jamie OD

I was just about to ask how likely is it at least one of the Knights will be involved with the taping. Alex Shane sounds like he's busy with WCPW so maybe he won't be there. As much as I don't like the guy he knows how to get British TV opportunities.

He obviously has good contacts, it's just a pity he doesn't have much of a clue as to why British wrestling's doing so well again...or more probably, can't accept the fact that the recent boom has approximately fuck all to do with Alex Shane haha.

Recall

Has NJPW mentioned anywhere about adding more of its back catalogue to World? Or is it pretty much be happy with what you've got as everything from 2014 will be available to all?

The HD video option is pretty wank by the way.

I have real mixed feelings about NJPW World but I'll give it a month and review.

NJPW usually upload old stuff with a theme, like they put up a few older Dontaku shows to promote this year's Dontaku. Sometimes they do a fan vote for old matches to be included, or ask some wrestlers to pick their favourites - but generally, the older stuff isn't their main focus.

The best reason for NJPW World is the live streaming of PPVs, if you're there mostly for the archive you'll likely be disappointed.

Recall

NJPW usually upload old stuff with a theme, like they put up a few older Dontaku shows to promote this year's Dontaku. Sometimes they do a fan vote for old matches to be included, or ask some wrestlers to pick their favourites - but generally, the older stuff isn't their main focus.

The best reason for NJPW World is the live streaming of PPVs, if you're there mostly for the archive you'll likely be disappointed.

I attempted to watch Wrestle Kingdom 9. They have the full 5 hour version, yet the video quality is hot garbage.

I can go to dailymotion to see it in better VQ and I don't understand why.

Dunno, seems fine to me - just tried it with WK10 and it looks good enough. Could definitely do with having true HD, but I'm not seeing any of the blockiness you get with Dailymotion uploads.

Jamie OD

He obviously has good contacts, it's just a pity he doesn't have much of a clue as to why British wrestling's doing so well again...or more probably, can't accept the fact that the recent boom has approximately fuck all to do with Alex Shane haha.

I have my doubts Alex is behind this because he's not that enamoured with WOS outside of the usual lip service and token tribute match on the undercard.

Holy shit Sanity looks like the best/worst jobber stable of all time. Sawyer and Wolfe were exceptionally average PC fodder when I saw them in Dublin.

Ascension 2.0 boyz

Wreddit and Full Sail would have you think otherwise

The entrance was super hyped but it looked like people trying way too hard.

Top Bottom