• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gotta make room for the new "Trump said a real dumb thing" thread every 10 minutes.

Also maybe immediately posting kinky Mickie gifs was a bit questionable on my part.

It wasnt even the V gif tho

:3

Tried to warn you guys about the absurd amount of random wrestling OT threads.

I kinda wanted to post the TNA / Corgan news just because I think people might actually be interested in following that trainwerck.

That seems like legitimate news.

Maybe bumping a old TNA trainwreck thread would get the job done

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so popgaf can make a new thread every time some hasbeen puts out a new album but when a hasbeen shows up at the wwe, it gets locked

Lothar

Banned
Gotta make room for the new "Trump said a real dumb thing" thread every 10 minutes.

Also maybe immediately posting kinky Mickie gifs was a bit questionable on my part.

Yeah, Offtopic is unreadable. Why don't they make a Trump forum?

Any minor news story, even if it's a wrestler returning, should be stickied not locked.

I kinda wanted to post the TNA / Corgan news just because I think people might actually be interested in following that trainwerck.

That seems like legitimate news.

Maybe bumping a old TNA trainwreck thread would get the job done

At this point, TNA's been close enough to death I think it's fair to wait until it flatlines. Because believe me, when it flatlines it isn't getting revived by a shaman warlock Bryan voodoo doctor or whatever, it's gonna fucking stay dead, but right now it's like a George Romero zombie. It's getting stabbed, chestshot, faceshot, sledgehammered, Rainmakered, but it's not going down because none of this is happening to its small brain. And I'm not believing it's really truly dead until it happens. Even TNAMecca thinks it'll survive, and it's not like they don't have reason to be confident about that.

Ultratech

At this point, TNA's been close enough to death I think it's fair to wait until it flatlines. Because believe me, when it flatlines it isn't getting revived by a shaman warlock Bryan voodoo doctor or whatever, it's gonna fucking stay dead, but right now it's like a George Romero zombie. It's getting stabbed, chestshot, faceshot, sledgehammered, Rainmakered, but it's not going down because none of this is happening to its small brain. And I'm not believing it's really truly dead until it happens. Even TNAMecca thinks it'll survive, and it's not like they don't have reason to be confident about that.

Could be like one of those Return of the Living Dead zombies.
Gotta burn 'em to a crisp or fry 'em with electricity to truly kill them off.
Though burning it could just infect some other company with TNA's grudge curse.

Could be like one of those Return of the Living Dead zombies.
Gotta burn 'em to a crisp or fry 'em with electricity to truly kill them off.
Though burning it could just infect some other company with TNA's grudge curse.

Instead of a car or ambulance outside, there's a half melted Dixie in a courtroom full of chaos and corpses saying "SEND MORE LAWSUITS"

Hycran

Banned
Need to vent about that opening segment on RAW this past Monday.

They were on the verge of ending a brilliant segment by having Rusev interrupt Sasha and Charlotte. Rather than run with the opportunity of showcasing that neither of them were the least bit intimidated by him and would have no problem tag teaming to beat the shit out of him, they used the moment to build a cheap pop for Roman the White Knight.

If they let Rusev get beaten only by two women, his credibility would have evaporated into thin air. Dont be an M-word, this was the obvious solution the minute Rusev came out by himself, especially if the two women double teamed him then Charlotte would get a face pop. What you propose is not what's best for business (Tm)

somedevil

So far announced matches for NXT toronto:

Joe vs Nakamura
Asuka vs
Mickie James
Tye vs Roode

Also, they didn't finish the dusty tournament. They didn't do the
Tm61 vs Aries and Strong and No Way and Swann vs Authors of Pain quarterfinal matches. They have two semifinalists of Sanity and Ciampa and Gargano. Though they seem to tease a Authors of Pain vs Ciampa and Gargano semifinal.

Maybe. This type of conflict and confrontation is unprecedented so your position here is based on misogynistic tropes and not history. Never underestimate the power of intelligent booking. The reverse has hurt Rusev's credibility alone without inserting any woman opponent into the equation.

Sorry to take away from this, but other than Bryan winning at WM 30, WWE's track record of intelligent booking hasn't been that good.

I am all for the ladies beating up on Rusev, but someway, creative will botch it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I'm down to the final Raw and Smackdown of 1999. A good year 1999 was. After that I've got NXT post wrestlemania 32 and CWC for the rest of the month. Then with any remaining time I'll start either WWF 2000 or 1998 Nitro.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
99 was a weird year.

The end of the year is trippy as hell.

Trippy-haitchy.

Rakh-khishi debuted. Angle debuted. The first tag team ladder match happened. The first new era, the McMahon Helmsley era, starts. DX turns heel. Big Show is the first mid card WWF Champion since 1995. Russo left...and the product actually gets more salacious, in a weird but true fact. Austin is injured. Mankind and Rock are feuding with jabronis. Mean Street Posse move from Shane to Bulldog to HHH's lackeys. Stephanie...actually has a good reason for her heel turn unlike Shane.

The end of the year is trippy as hell.

Trippy-haitchy.

Rakh-khishi debuted. Angle debuted. The first tag team ladder match happened. The first new era, the McMahon Helmsley era, starts. DX turns heel. Big Show is the first mid card WWF Champion since 1995. Russo left...and the product actually gets more salacious, in a weird but true fact. Austin is injured. Mankind and Rock are feuding with jabronis. Mean Street Posse move from Shane to Bulldog to HHH's lackeys. Stephanie...actually has a good reason for her heel turn unlike Shane.
If the hhh stuff never happened, it would've been grrrreat! And no, I'm not listening to any reasoning.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If the hhh stuff never happened, it would've been grrrreat! And no, I'm not listening to any reasoning.

Rakh-kishi teaming with Viscera against the Hollys is still one of my favorite matches. Rakh-kishi has this incredible Yokozuna rock bottom he does in the middle of it. Viscera is also about a million times better than Mable, the big problem is that he's teamed up with heat killer Dennis Knight.

Zach

I'm not a post-neck injury Austin or Rock super fan, but there's something special about those dudes soaking in a little atmosphere and then trading blows in the middle of the ring.

Rakh-kishi teaming with Viscera against the Hollys is still one of my favorite matches. Rakh-kishi has this incredible Yokozuna rock bottom he does in the middle of it. Viscera is also about a million times better than Mable, the big problem is that he's teamed up with heat killer Dennis Knight.
What's crazy is how Rikishi debuts, he gets popular so fast you don't even see it coming. I think I want to view 96-00 again, something about those 4 years for me.

RBH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48aqmjreM0

Roderick Strong is still
trash.png
on the mic

Top Bottom