• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

FlammableD: (2 Days Later) Hey guys, have you heard SPOILER is at Takeover?

HQ4Xk8n.gif

Shibata has a better vanilla/generic wrestler look than Balor. Can't explain why, but he just comes across so much more ready to fight than current Balor/Devitt.

klonere

Banned
Shibata has a better vanilla/generic wrestler look than Balor. Can't explain why, but he just comes across so much more ready to fight than current Balor/Devitt.

I'm sorry can you please use his full title DA DEMON KING DA DEMON KING Finn "DA DEMON KING" Balor, new tshirt available now.

I'm sorry can you please use his full title DA DEMON KING DA DEMON KING Finn "DA DEMON KING" Balor, new tshirt available now.
The front says "THE ONLY THING YEUR GETTIN HAHNDED TO YA...."

The back says "...IS YER AHRSE!"

Preorders open this Soonday at Soomerslahm

klonere

Banned
So TNA has basically being structured as a ponzi scheme for the last few years, borrowing money to run shows and when they can't pay, ditching one vendor for another one on a payment plan.

Gooooood shit.

The front says "THE ONLY THING YEUR GETTIN HAHNDED TO YA...."

The back says "...IS YER AHRSE!"

Preorders open this Soonday at Soomerslahm

Never forget the Sheamus 5:15 shirt

vF3Rzej.png

Oh, I just remembered, the Jimmy Havoc Hardcore/Deathmatch tournament got put up on ICW On Demand, I'll probably subscribe next month to watch this and Fear and Loathing.

aFHryoCl.jpg

https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/media/jimmy-havoc-deathmatch-tournament-/54650

1st Round Kendo Stick Match
Aspen Faith vs. Mike Bird

1st Round Dual Chairs Match
Mikey Whiplash vs. Trent Seven

Non-tournament
Christopher Saynt, Craig Forsyth & Joe Coffey vs. Chuck Mambo, Jack Sexsmith & William Eaver

1st Round Scottish World Of Sport Rules Match
Chris Renfrew vs. Viper

1st Round Falls Count Anywhere Match
Iceman vs. Jack Jester

Semi Final Thumbtack Kickpads Match
Mike Bird vs. Mikey Whiplash

Semi Final Ten Thousand Thumbtacks Match
Chris Renfrew vs. Jack Jester

Non-tournament
Jinny vs. Sammii Jayne

Final Barbed Wire Hell Match
Jack Jester vs. Mikey Whiplash

There's also Havoc vs Dallas Drinking contest that I don't know if it made it to tape.

So TNA has basically being structured as a ponzi scheme for the last few years, borrowing money to run shows and when they can't pay, ditching one vendor for another one on a payment plan.

Gooooood shit.

Never forget the Sheamus 5:15 shirt

vF3Rzej.png
Reminds me of that Michael Mcgullicutty(whatever) promo that was a mouthful at the end of nxt season two.

Recall

The next major one (Power Struggle) is November 5th, but there's two smaller Road to Power Struggle shows on October 21st and 30th. Plus Nagata's Blue Justice VI show, which won't be live but should be on NJPW World before the end of the month.

Cheers.

Do NJPW have monthly PPVs or is it further apart than that?

Striker

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Bret Hart's apology
I see why he elected to do it but he didn't have to. We need more candid people in this selected nature and less people who say the same PC stuff trying not to upset anyone. What he said about Seth was positively true. What he said about Triple H might have been from bitterness, and truthfully I would be too, but he isn't wrong about it. He's mediocre, and he's not the only person who worked in the business to feel that way. The Freebirds strike was more of a remark on the critical makeup of WWE's Hall of Fame. Like, for instance, you also won't see or hear from Raven in the roundabouts because he was suing them a few years ago. Yet they're completely okay with keeping convicted rapists, murderers, and racists in it.

How WrassleGAF treats spoilers:

Person A: Hey guys,
SPOILER
is fighting at Takeover!

Person B: That's great news, I'm sure glad SPOILER is turning up there!

Person C: So, with
SPOILER
at Takeover, how about this other match?

FlammableD: (2 Days Later) Hey guys, have you heard SPOILER is at Takeover?
Honestly we should just skip the formalities at this point. If you're in this thread, unfortunately everything wrestling will get spoiled for you.

Mahonay

Banned
Sydal reminds me of some of my friends here in Brooklyn that can't go anywhere in the world with out at least a one hitter or a small bowl. Except they are mid/late twenty somethings that like to party, and are not world class wrestlers.

But who knows, maybe he has severe anxiety issues and it's his best way to cope. It's just too bad a lot of countries are so heavy handed about a somewhat harmless drug.

Mahonay

Banned
Weed is a pretty good pain killer, better than pain pills and shit.
Absolutely. Not really practical if you have to work at the same time though. But yeah just at home or whatevs, weed is a good option. There's a reason doctors subscribe it to patients with really severe pain.

I didn't even think that he could be using it for that reason, which is an obvious one being a wrestler.

Mahonay

Banned
Surely he knows a guy who knows a guy. Taking shit through airports just isn't worth the hassle, you're breaking more laws taking stuff through then just getting it out there.
Well yeah. I don't understand how people have the balls to take drugs through the airport. I have friends who do it, but fuck that.

Hasney

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Bret Hart's apology

bret.jpg

Thank you for the apology

You and Bret

Well yeah. I don't understand how people have the balls to take drugs through the airport. I have friends who do it, but fuck that.

My ex accidentally smuggled something into New York. She just forgot it was in her handbag.

She had the good sense to not take it back though
and just used the coke while over there

tumblr_inline_o80s2zZ7h01rw7y6v_500.gif

I just don't get it. Is it the writing? It can't be because even when NXT was at it's peak, there was Finn being...Finn. Is Finn just really bad at being a babyface? Heel Devitt is godly and going 'fook this' and 'fook that', but man, Balor's character is so bland even Roman would feel bad for him.

MG310

Gooooood shit.

Don't forget this part where the talent has to depend on these scam artists to actually pay them for their indie dates.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, here are the latest details on how the new TNA contracts will work. The talent under a new contract (guys like the Wolves and Mike Bennett) will receive a regular paycheck every two weeks, as opposed to being paid at shows or based on dates. There will be no bonuses for working dates anymore, as the contract will be a guaranteed, base salary. If outside promoters want to book TNA talent, TNA can assign then to shows, and TNA would then collect the booking fee. The talent doesn’t get money from doing those shows, it is part of the base deal, so they will make the same if they work 20 dates or 200 dates. TNA is hoping that the contracted guys get over enough as stars to where indie promoters will have a demand for them, which will allow them to make more money.

Sephzilla

Looks really good but $60 just for the single player is pretty steep. I have no friends on Xbox or PC so multiplayer is a no go for me.

Sounds like there's a few GAFers here that would join in. Sunny just tweeted me and Groovy mentioning doing a WrassleGAF hoarde night some time

Top Bottom