• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

I wonder if we will ever know how bad TNA's financials truly are.

They where already millions in debt after the ill faithed Monday move and going on the road for a while. It has only gotten worse since then.

WrassleGAF's list of confirmed marks
( Support 2Trash )
Bluekaveli (Captain 👑👑👑)
BewareTheBatsie (Biggest Mark)
Zach (Only kind of a march)
FallingEdge
Kaladin
DJKhaled
Xaero Gravity
DoctorWho
dreamfall
darkslayer101
BroBot
Purexed
piratepwnsninja
rrc1594
Host Samurai
friskykillface
thiscoldblack
cordy
Hasney
Lightning Count
GravyButt
delSai
xXCrazyCostaXX
atomsk
Rellik
Disagree Guy
nuclearaddict
RADRAD
KyroLen
NZerker12
MattyH
Nintendad
Darrenf
stn
Branson
styl3s
Got the Shakes
The Strokes
Clutchman
shanafan
r3n4ud
Marine Mountie
dubq
theclosetfan
Pikma
Akibared
Mr Rivuz

shame.gif

uIwOgjw.png

WrassleGAF's list of confirmed marks
( Support 2Trash )
Bluekaveli (Captain 👑👑👑)
BewareTheBatsie (Biggest Mark)
Zach (Only kind of a march)
FallingEdge
Kaladin
DJKhaled
Xaero Gravity
DoctorWho
dreamfall
darkslayer101
BroBot
Purexed
piratepwnsninja
rrc1594
Host Samurai
friskykillface
thiscoldblack
cordy
Hasney
Lightning Count
GravyButt
delSai
xXCrazyCostaXX
atomsk
Rellik
Disagree Guy
nuclearaddict
RADRAD
KyroLen
NZerker12
MattyH
Nintendad
Darrenf
stn
Branson
styl3s
Got the Shakes
The Strokes
Clutchman
shanafan
r3n4ud
Marine Mountie
dubq
theclosetfan
Pikma
Akibared
Mr Rivuz

shame.gif

uIwOgjw.png

Shameful. Game thread is dead, because nothing to do except post glitch gifs and talk about how horrible the game is. Even shanafan hates this year's version and he loved them all. Hopefully this year's version has horrible sales, but the same people buy every year.

Fox318

Even if the game has horrible sales to the WWE it's about promotion.

Of they had an auction for who would have the WWE rights would there even be a fight for it?

Maybe EA but publishers are not making sports games and wrestling has such a stain on its legacy after being driven into the ground.

Even if the game has horrible sales to the WWE it's about promotion.

Of they had an auction for who would have the WWE rights would there even be a fight for it?

Maybe EA but publishers are not making sports games and wrestling has such a stain on its legacy after being driven into the ground.

I don't see EA touching it when they have UFC. They had a chance to get the license before. I don't mind 2K having the license. Just get it the fuck away from Yukes.

So they owe Fight Network money and are able to be sued by them too if they don't deliver soon

They can't afford one suit, yet they're about to get 3

ReiGun

If it weren't for the fact that TNA is so broke they can't pay their talent, I would almost be able to admire how stubbornly Dixie is holding on to this. Most anyone would have bailed by now.

Mahonay

Banned
I never would have thought when TNA would be in it's last dying breaths Billy Corgan would be forced to put a restraining order on Dixie Carter.

The ultimate LOLTNA.

I get it.

Here is my thought. The show has a history of the small guy getting over. Guys pinning opponents 100, 200 lbs bigger than them and it went over. My train of thought is that same booking can apply and it need not be any different on account of whether the performer has a penis or vagina. Previous stories never worked because there was a tint of "as long as I have a penis, I can beat a yokozuna, psycho Sid, mark Henry, big show..." Or whatever.

I would buy Aja Kong beating up Rusev because she looks and acts like a badass. I don't buy Sasha or Charlotte beating up Rusev because they act what they are - two very attractive athletic women arguing about a fake belt.

To be fair, I also wouldn't buy Finn Balor beating Rusev up either. OTOH, I would buy Daniel Bryan pre-concussions beating Rusev up because he has a long history of kicking ass and acts like one.

Striker

I don't see EA touching it when they have UFC. They had a chance to get the license before. I don't mind 2K having the license. Just get it the fuck away from Yukes.
2K makes the game dull to me. I like sim but this isn't what I like. Too many button prompts, analog mini games (now including ladders and tables), VC up the ass, MyCareer, limited modes (all dropped within 2K's purchase), online overhauled and increasingly worse, etc. That is all 2K.

Pretty silly if you have a Rey Mysterio caw but movement is so slow and sluggish, basically input lag, it's so contrary to what being a cruiserweight is all about. I bet if EA had it they would have an online efed mode made already.

Recall

d-pad + O = one of 4 moves

Double tap O to Irish whip

After a toe kick or a strike that put your opponent in a groggy state then d-pad + O = one of 4 new moves.

The old Smackdown games were the best. Except Just Bring It, the first PS2 title because everyone no sold anything popped up instantly after any move including finishers and it moved at a very quick pace.

Also I never liked the change to the ring ropes shit was mental with springy ropes that acted crazy and they lowered the crowd noise and move impacts in favour of terrible commentary that was begged for instead of the cool in battle music.

Nothing in game has ever gotten better. You've done this to yourselves those who are still buying the games. The brand sells, the quality doesn't matter it seems.

I was busy watching a movie so I didn't see the Mickey James thread, but I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you all went full stupid and overloaded the thread with gifs.

2K makes the game dull to me. I like sim but this isn't what I like. Too many button prompts, analog mini games (now including ladders and tables), VC up the ass, MyCareer, limited modes (all dropped within 2K's purchase), online overhauled and increasingly worse, etc. That is all 2K.

Pretty silly if you have a Rey Mysterio caw but movement is so slow and sluggish, basically input lag, it's so contrary to what being a cruiserweight is all about. I bet if EA had it they would have an online efed mode made already.

That stuff is horrible I agree, but it was already getting worse and worse every year before they bought it. I just saw a gif earlier and both members of American Alpha are the same color in the ring. Total lack of effort from everyone involved in the game.

Asuka vs
Mickie
huh? Guess that's one way to pad things out while needing to build others up. Ember needs more matches, especially with the few talent they have right now that can keep up with her.

Sasha is gonna die in HIAC isn't she?

Jamie OD

Meltzer on the latest WO radio update says some TNA wrestlers are ready to declare themselves free agents as soon as next week if they don't get paid by then because TNA will be breaching their contracts.

Recall

Go Shiosaki looks like a young lion, how has he shrunk so much?

Shibata vs O'Reily was an excellent match or I guess fight. What's the deal with the NEVER open weight belt? Was it originated in NJPW?

lol, Tokyo press reporting on Sydal's absence from NJPW - wasn't just a missed flight, he tried to bring in an e-cig with cannabis oil.

Shibata vs O'Reily was an excellent match or I guess fight. What's the deal with the NEVER open weight belt? Was it originated in NJPW?

Yeah, NJPW used to run shows under the NEVER banner that were meant to focus on younger talent and lower card guys - Naito was going to be the first champion, but then he got injured and Masato Tanaka won it instead. New Japan don't run NEVER shows any more (they have Lion's Gate Project shows for rookie talent now) and since Ishii won it in 2014 it's pretty much just been a belt for heavy hitting dudes like himself, Makabe, Nagata & Shibata.

Recall

Yeah, NJPW used to run shows under the NEVER banner that were meant to focus on younger talent and lower card guys - Naito was going to be the first champion, but then he got injured and Masato Tanaka won it instead. New Japan don't run NEVER shows any more (they have Lion's Gate Project shows for rookie talent now) and since Ishii won it in 2014 it's pretty much just been a belt for heavy hitting dudes like himself, Makabe, Nagata & Shibata.

Thanks Monsoon, appreciate it.

So we have:
IWGP Jnr Heavy Tag Titles
IWGP Jnr Heavy Title
NEVER Openweight Title
IWGP Intercontinental Title
IWGP Tag Titles
IWGP World Heavyweight Title

Wasn't there an under 30's belt to or was that another promotion? Something for Tanahashi, Nakamura and Shibata to fight over way back when?

Yeah, the IWGP U-30 Openweight Title - Tanahashi abandoned it to concentrate on the IWGP Heavyweight belt and they didn't have enough decent rookies to pick up the slack, so the belt was shelved in 2006, iirc.

Recall

Holy hell, Marufuji beat the hell out of Okada. That was an excellent main event.

4 hour long events with ropey undercards are fine when the three headlining matches deliver like that.

klonere

Banned
btw that completely contradicts what Meltzer said about Sydal being stuck in Hawaii or something, which must have been the official ROH office line that he was given.

Meltz taking the L here.

Holy hell, Marufuji beat the hell out of Okada. That was an excellent main event.

4 hour long events with ropey undercards are fine when the three headlining matches deliver like that.

I thought the KoPW undercard was quite good :(

Striker

That stuff is horrible I agree, but it was already getting worse and worse every year before they bought it. I just saw a gif earlier and both members of American Alpha are the same color in the ring. Total lack of effort from everyone involved in the game.
Yeah with all the money 2K has, its QA testing is brutal. THQ couldn't afford to do it in its final couple years.

Chris Heros head is going to explode after those two matches

Thanks Monsoon, appreciate it.

So we have:
IWGP Jnr Heavy Tag Titles
IWGP Jnr Heavy Title
NEVER Openweight Title
IWGP Intercontinental Title
IWGP Tag Titles
IWGP World Heavyweight Title

Wasn't there an under 30's belt to or was that another promotion? Something for Tanahashi, Nakamura and Shibata to fight over way back when?

Isn't their a six man belt too?

My PWG Bola blue ray just arrived!!

Just watched Scurrl v Pentagon, was a pretty fun match!

Makes a big difference watching wrestling on my big screen in high def compared to my usual tablet or laptop.

Menome

How WrassleGAF treats spoilers:

Person A: Hey guys,
SPOILER
is fighting at Takeover!

Person B: That's great news, I'm sure glad SPOILER is turning up there!

Person C: So, with
SPOILER
at Takeover, how about this other match?

FlammableD: (2 Days Later) Hey guys, have you heard SPOILER is at Takeover?

Top Bottom