• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

RBH

rrIbN3E64qbaU.gif

American Alpha seem pretty flat SD, people don't seem to care about them nearly as much as they did on NXT, they just kind of came in without context. Them reluctantly coming together and Jason hating their catchphrase in their funny backstage segments is part of the reason they got over.

Adree

American Alpha seem pretty flat SD, people don't seem to care about them nearly as much as they did on NXT, they just kind of came in without context. Them reluctantly coming together and Jason hating their catchphrase in their funny backstage segments is part of the reason they got over.

They need The Revival to feud with.

It doesn't help AA have had fuck-all mic time and have mostly been doing in-ring work since they got brought up. They need to have them talk more.

TNA is in a world of fuck right now. If WWE still happens to go after the video archive, at least go after Eli Drake. The dude is gold.

Fox318

Unless there are talent that the WWE wants to sign or trademarks they can just wait til TNA gets taken over by the state or goes bankrupt and pick up the tape library.

I just don't understand what Dixie is thinking it planning. Hell even why people are working with her.

Only smart move I've seen her make is force JJ to sell his share.

The Hype Bros ARE over

Unless there are talent that the WWE wants to sign or trademarks they can just wait til TNA gets taken over by the state or goes bankrupt and pick up the tape library.

I just don't understand what Dixie is thinking it planning. Hell even why people are working with her.

Only smart move I've seen her make is force JJ to sell his share.
I was wondering why I was unable to give a specific answer to that question earlier when you first posted it and I just realized why

Because there is no answer. Because she has never thought about it

It goes beyond what I said earlier about how she never believed shed get caught. None of this was ever realistically supposed to go this far. TNA is nothing more than a vanity project Dixie always wanted and was lucky enough to have a family rich enough to enable it. Everything else was secondary. Talent, contracts, loans, TV deals.

Nobody else could get all of the resources she had to work with and simply not give a fuck about any of it. And that's what makes her stand out most from all the other wrestling failures. Abrams, Heyman, Bischoff, etc forever all wanted to succeed. Dixie didnt. Dixie had numerous opportunities and botched them all in ways everyone saw coming, and eventually if you do that enough, it's not going to look like you're trying.

And I'm sorry if anybody here disagrees, but point blank: when you are actively not paying talent and production on time for years, when you're screwing over 3 TV networks yearly for 3 years, when you're fucking over your friend you knew for years who wanted the company and trusted you, when you have to sell part of your library to a network and fuck them over on payment at the same time, when you're not even paying taxes and fucking over the government of the state you're run in...you're not trying to succeed. At all.

Fox318

I was wondering why I was unable to give a specific answer to that question earlier when you first posted it and I just realized why

Because there is no answer. Because she has never thought about it

It goes beyond what I said earlier about how she never believed shed get caught. None of this was ever realistically supposed to go this far. TNA is nothing more than a vanity project Dixie always wanted and was lucky enough to have a family rich enough to enable it. Everything else was secondary. Talent, contracts, loans, TV deals.

Nobody else could get all of the resources she had to work with and simply not give a fuck about any of it. And that's what makes her stand out most from all the other wrestling failures. Abrams, Heyman, Bischoff, etc forever all wanted to succeed. Dixie didnt. Dixie had numerous opportunities and botched them all in ways everyone saw coming, and eventually if you do that enough, it's not going to look like you're trying.

And I'm sorry if anybody here disagrees, but point blank: when you are actively not paying talent and production on time for years, when you're screwing over 3 TV networks yearly for 3 years, when you're fucking over your friend you knew for years who wanted the company and trusted you, when you have to sell part of your library to a network and fuck them over on payment at the same time, when you're not even paying taxes and fucking over the government of the state you're run in...you're not trying to succeed. At all.
Honestly that's what I am amazed with what wrestling attracts.

It attracts people that want fame but don't want to risk anything. A sports athlete, entertainer, or business leader risks failure when trying to succeed.

By all accounts since summerslam 99 wrestling promotion figures on television don't want to risk what's real. Vince was super protective of the image of himself and his company, Steph inmasculates every one in her sight while promoting herself as a Geraldine Ferraro-Healer of sick children, HHH juiced and booked himself to be "The King of Kings" with the greatest wrestler of all time as his bitch in Ric Flair. Dixie is no different in that regard.

Something about wrestling attracts people who failed or simply aren't good enough without completely controling the facts or image in their favor.

Dixie was that. She essentially used TNA as a vanity project with no desire to make money, make a product, or have a vision. Without the false prestige of being a TV figure or a wrestling promoter what is she? She's a office worker with rich parents. But with a worked sport comes a worked persona.

Its why people get addicted to wrestling and why people like Jake The Snake can never let go.

Fox318

I'm sad they included the black eye makeup for Kane, but not the tuft of curly hair he had when he unmasked in 2003.
Craziest thing to me is guess who was the one to unmask Kane? If you didn't already know.

You know maybe you would give that to some up and comer to get him some heat or you know not unmask somebody who was a draw till that point.

The person who Sat next to Vince and booked himself to go over with Ric Flair's belt.

Craziest thing to me is guess who was the one to unmask Kane? If you didn't already know.

You know maybe you would give that to some up and comer to get him some heat or you know not unmask somebody who was a draw till that point.

The person who Sat next to Vince and booked himself to go over with Ric Flair's belt.

I thought Austin unmasked him?

Finally was able to watch no mercy today and boy I can't believe I'm saying this but the miz and ziggy save this show from being a shit show. Cause outside of the triple threat and that match everything was just the worst. I mean Bliss vs Naomi is a worst match of the year contenter

I'm done with people arguing that Naomi is great or underrated, I mean it wasn't totally on her but still after all these years that shit should be inexcusable.

Why would you wonder that when it's very well known that weed is not a suspension?

Because I was awake for 28 hours and clearly brain farted.

gun_haver

so boys

let's say you were a wrestler, what are some ideas you have that would make a good promo?

i bring it up just cos i had a fun little idea right this moment. if i was a wrestler i'd come out to my music, cut it off, and demand the ring announcer take longer saying my name. drag out every syllable, then when he/she did it, i'd say NOT LONG ENOUGH. DO IT AGAIN. and then keep doing that a few times until the face came out to kick my ass. i think that'd be a blast.

what are your promo ideas?

I'm sad they included the black eye makeup for Kane, but not the tuft of curly hair he had when he unmasked in 2003.

2003 Raw was a black eye to the business.

Somebody referred to a retirement as a “Mark Henry”, it’s like, wow, we came that far, huh? I chose the Orange suit because because I just have style, I like the way the jacket looked and it fit well, and I wanted the people to remember that moment. I didn’t think the response was going to be to that degree. I had professional athletes and wrestlers that I never met before call–not sure how they got my number, but I guess they felt it was safe for that person to call me and say, hey man, you had a great career, and even a better jacket. I guess the Big Show’s message was the best. He left me a message and said he is going to kill me, that he was sitting on the couch with his wife crying, and said, that’s how you do me? You used me. You used my feelings, and I said, oh my bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nash posting that picture with unmasked Liger this year is still my favorite

Nash don't give a fuck. I doubt Liger does either.

Top Bottom