• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

klonere

Banned
SHOOT: Bray Wyatt was the One Eyed man in a blind mans world. People thought he was special and only until after HHH's NXT and ROH packed roster started flooding the roster can you see how limited and bad Bray really is.

Bray can actually string sentences together unlike nearly every single PC/NXT/Indie dude that is in the system right now.

I'd love to see him free of whatever bizarre writing hole Vince Jr has him in right now. He has everything needed to be a really big deal.

What was the worst run from a former WWE guy in TNA? Has to be one of the current stars that went over shortly after being fired, not one of the legends.

My pick is Christian Cage, he was the drizzling shits in TNA.

Er, wasn't Christian's TNA run widely regarded as pretty damn good and the main reason he got hired back to the Fed?

There's legitimately a moment in 2k17 where the narrator goes "moving up to the main roster is no guarantee of success" and they show clips of Tyler Breeze, the Ascension, Neville and Summer Rae.

I'm ready to sue.

Just no wrestling talent. Don't get me wrong, I usually put promos and talking high up on my personal list, but...you gotta have SOME knowledge of how to put on a match. I can remember Ryback matches, Roman matches, Triple H matches. I can't remember a single Sandow match.

What's his finisher? I legitimately don't even remember.

Kaladin

The back of the WWE 2K17 box says "featuring thousands of new moves and animations".

Really?

I don't know about thousands, but there's a lot this year especially with the new backstage stuff.

There's legitimately a moment in 2k17 where the narrator goes "moving up to the main roster is no guarantee of success" and they show clips of Tyler Breeze, the Ascension, Neville and Summer Rae.

I'm ready to sue.

I'm more bothered by their use of "main roster". That's a term appropriated from the IWC and we call gimmick infringement.

Not in the trial of my life
original

I forget, how did he get his neck injured?

Er, wasn't Christian's TNA run widely regarded as pretty damn good and the main reason he got hired back to the Fed?

Yeah, I remember loving it

yknow, minus TNA being TNA and having AJ be his lackey (even that was amusing though) and stuff like the Dudley's putting him through a glass table, but everything Christian did was good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
20161013_NXTtakerover_Toronto--543c16cf41856e23dd649f8c6960a0b6.jpg

WTF is this shit?

It's WWE tacitly admitting that they took way. too. fucking. long. to get Ember Moon and Nikki Cross on the regular NXT roster so they don't have anyone to feed to Asuka. The crowd isn't gonna buy the Replacement Emmas in that match the same way nobody bought that Replacement Carmella was going to have anything short of a squash when she got the opportunity. But Ember Moon has barely even wrestled.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wow, TNA sounds like it's fucked. If there's unpaid taxes and she failed to disclose vital information to Corgan, could Dixie potentially face jail time?

No? Unpaid taxes =/= tax evasion.

So Rollins on Twitter is basically saying he won't stop using the Pedigree until he beats Triple H.

Odds are HHH actually lets someone beat him with his own finisher?

Dave on The Board says that TNA's debts to the Fight Network & Aroluxe total $3.4 million. That's in addition to what they owe Corgan, Audience of One, talent, etc.

Kaladin

So Rollins on Twitter is basically saying he won't stop using the Pedigree until he beats Triple H.

Odds are HHH actually lets someone beat him with his own finisher?

This is new era Corporate H who put over Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania. Of course he'd let one of his protege's defeat him with his own finisher if it got them over.

Fox318

In January Ryback will decide whether or not to do Bellator

Ryback would have to fight in a state with a commission that doesn't give a fuck or a nation that doesn't have one.

Oddly enough because he is a heavyweight there is an easier path for him to be a competitive fighter because that division is more select but unless he trains differently I can't see him having any success.

Ryback would have to fight in a state with a commission that doesn't give a fuck or a nation that doesn't have one.

Oddly enough because he is a heavyweight there is an easier path for him to be a competitive fighter because that division is more select but unless he trains differently I can't see him having any success.

So what you're saying is welcome to Bellator

(They were able to get Kimbo/Dada cleared, there's no chance Ryback is held back if both sides want him there)

Fox318

With Dana saying no more Punk. I wonder how the ratings would be for a Ryback vs Punk Bellator match.

Plus with TNA basically sued by everyone will the tapings from the Hardy's house still happen?

Punk just fought at 170 and even if Ryback is lying about his weight I dobt he can cut down to 205.

Frankly after that Punk loss I don't expect him to ever fight again. Right now Punk is flying around watching baseball games. If that guy really had something to prove in MMA he would be in the gym desperately training to have another fight, desperately trying to get better in his BJJ game.

Maybe he is but I doubt that the people clawing their way to the top in MMA at an early stage and at an advanced age are taking time off.

Fox318

So what you're saying is welcome to Bellator

(They were able to get Kimbo/Dada cleared, there's no chance Ryback is held back if both sides want him there)

They will find a way to get it cleared but Ryback needs to really think if hes willing to risk his drawing value on a fight.

Then again Bellator did right by Bobby Lashley in booking him against people so who knows if they will do the same for Ryback.

Frankly the biggest thing that Ryback would face is staying healthy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
can Punk embarrassing himself and wasting likely thousands of dollars on MMA classes be the moment of the year or do we have to concede that to MMA-gaf?

Zach

Fox318, do you consider yourself a master of grappling? How proficient is your jujyfruitsu?

Data West, don't you think CM Punk more than broke even on that whole shadoodle?

Even ignoring the weight thing, Ryback is like the only person who cares about the drama between him and Punk and the only person keeping it alive so I doubt there's much of a draw in the fight, even for Bellator.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess in the same way Danny Bonaduce doing celebrity boxing is 'breaking even' while being taken as a complete joke in the field you were trying to pursue and having no future upward path.

Seems like you might have wanted to quit while you were ahead.

Zach

I just realized! Bayley could steal another Shane Douglas finisher -- the Franchiser! It too starts as a friendly hug. But boy does it suck. Unlike that sweet, sweet Bayley-to-belly.

Dixie sold part of the tape library to Fight Network to fund the last tapings and still owe them a buttload of cash

Also impact yesterday drew its lowest ratings on POP ever and likely their lowest since their days on Fox Sports Network 12 years ago

Fox318

can Punk embarrassing himself and wasting likely thousands of dollars on MMA classes be the moment of the year or do we have to concede that to MMA-gaf?

Punk probably made around 1.2 million on the fight(before taxes) with an extra 10k on say some of the UFC merch and so on.

His camp for 2 years probably didn't cost him as much as you would think. He moved halfway and kept his other apartment so he clearly felt no pressure to save money. He made his money and even if he didn't he's probably saved up enough and makes enough from the comic and some tshirts to live off of. His biggest expense is probably legal fees with that Colt Cabana suit.(WHich probably explains why he broke off his friendship with him)

Hell after going through a staff infection myself recently I'm convinced that Punk either blindly trusted the WWE doctors or was too cheap to go to his own or even the ER. Who here would blindly trust their employer's doctors without a second opinion? Maybe his straight edge beliefs venture over into "I'm not taking any medication" territory.

I didn't buy that creeper shirt. I've never bought any Bayley merch. : (

Oh my gaaah, Jarrett is wearing a Karate Kid-esque SLAPNUTS headband thing.
Can't blame you, Bayley shirts are pretty much the most #unsafe wrestling shirts going around. It's not even the fact it's a wrestling shirt, but just the fact every single one has gotta have some creepy hug message on it.

what are the chances of Goldberg coming back on Raw when Braun is complaining about wanting a challenge and then getting squashed by a returning William Goldberg?

Zach

What are the chances of William Regal once again going into business for himself against Goldberg upon his return?

Top Bottom